Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
May 24, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #529 of 1,185
Spotify streaming is working great. A few days ago I decided to return the Opus#3 unit I bought a couple of weeks ago after getting a great deal on a demo unit Opus#2 from a highly reputable dealer. I wasn't looking forward to losing the streaming capability but as luck would have it the new FW and my Opus#2 arrived on the same day. Very cool!

May 25, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #531 of 1,185
Spent a little time with Opus#2 this evening, really an amazing DAP and a great pairing with Ether Flow. The reviews couldn't have been more spot on regarding the superb SQ. Very happy, a big thank you to Andrew over at MusicTeck, definitely a class act.

May 26, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #532 of 1,185
I like the new firmware, especially NetOPUSPlayer. It looks and operates very similar to Hiby. Maybe they licensed from Hiby? Able to stream from a portable 2TB wireless hard drive is so great! No need to purchase expensive Micro SD cards any more. Just carry all my music with me with the portable drive. Dreams come true!

May 26, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #533 of 1,185
Like the new firmware. Haven't noticed any changes in sound. Haven't tried any of the streaming options... yet.

May 27, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #535 of 1,185
One bug I've found is the play/pause and skip buttons don't work once the screen is off. I used to be able to skip a track with it in my pocket, now I have to hit the power button then the skip button, still able to do that in my pocket but it's an extra step.

No change in SQ that I can hear.

May 27, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #536 of 1,185
One bug I've found is the play/pause and skip buttons don't work once the screen is off. I used to be able to skip a track with it in my pocket, now I have to hit the power button then the skip button, still able to do that in my pocket but it's an extra step.

No change in SQ that I can hear.

All Opus, #1/#2/#3 go into power saving mode after 10 seconds or so, and hw transport control buttons don't work with a screen off :frowning2: Been asking them to extend that delay, but no luck so far...

May 27, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #538 of 1,185
Question regarding newest firmware update.

Does the newest firmware install Spotify along with all the other streaming goodies?

You would need to sideload the .APK of the streaming app you want to use.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #539 of 1,185
All Opus, #1/#2/#3 go into power saving mode after 10 seconds or so, and hw transport control buttons don't work with a screen off :frowning2: Been asking them to extend that delay, but no luck so far...

I've been able to do it with the #3 fine, interesting.

I know that if I pause it, then I have to toggle the screen on before playing, but skipping tracks was never an issue... Odd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back