Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
May 28, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #541 of 1,185
Got it all figured out - Loaded Spotify and Tidal for Streaming, working very well. Very Nice option to have...Very Happy with the Opus#2 - excellent sound, now just waiting for my U12's to arrive.

Jun 1, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #543 of 1,185
Hi all,
I'm having a trouble copying the apk to the internal storage. It keeps saying that the opus#2 is busy. Anyone knows the solution to this matter? Thanks before

Ah nevermind, it is because i try to move the apk from the sd card to the internal

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #544 of 1,185
Hello, has anyone had issues getting 3rd party apps to show up. I finished the OTA software update and I don't have any apps showing up....Spotify, Tidal etc. nothing. Do I need to do the regular download to my computer and then transfer it to the player maybe? Thanks

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #545 of 1,185
Hello, has anyone had issues getting 3rd party apps to show up. I finished the OTA software update and I don't have any apps showing up....Spotify, Tidal etc. nothing. Do I need to do the regular download to my computer and then transfer it to the player maybe? Thanks

You need to download the apk file,

Then copy to the players internal storage, then go to the streaming menu, click the little + symbol at the top and install the app. Once it finishes installing, click close, do not open the app straight away.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #547 of 1,185
Jun 8, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #549 of 1,185
Got mine in the mail today and I am kind of mixed on the device.

SQ is truly amazing, it can drive the LCD2s and TH-X00's wonderfully (though neither are all that high impedance)

The device does require a bit of work in the usability department (re: software).

Software side, using the latest available to me (1.02.00):
- Scrolling still seems to be a bit iffy (as if it doesn't register initially). Unsure if this is software or the touch digitizer.
- I wish the gain control, as well as the volume lock toggle were an option in the quick-settings pull-down panel
- I'd love for 2 features: The ability to queue the next track of my choosing, and the ability to utilise ReplayGain tags (the ability to toggle this setting would be good as not everyone likes it)

Hardware wise, it's solidly built and looks like it could take quite a beating if you're a person who isn't careful.
Love the fact a screen protector comes pre-installed.
I have one cosmetic issue though:None of the ports are centered! This makes me a little OCD. (though considering where the PCB would be placed, I'm going to make the assumption they're all soldered directly to it, so centering them would be a pain)
Wish they'd have used USB Type-C also; they could've utilised the faster transfer rates. Always been iffy about USB Micro-B ports too.... they're not the strongest.

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #550 of 1,185
Update:
There are 2 things I'd like to find out about the software, so I can automate *some* syncing with foobar2000..

1: where does it store it's list of favourites? It doesn't seem to be in the music files tags, and if it stores it in a custom playlist I can't find it on the device or the SD card.
2: I can load playlists manually in with the .pls or .m3u formats no problem, however when they are edited on the device any new songs aren't added to those files I've created... where does it store it's new custom playlists

I might have to get in contact with theBit...

Jun 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #551 of 1,185
Based on the behaviors I've observed, If I change a m3u file. The changes are not recognized until I rebuild the database or reboot which automatically recreates it. So I think the custom playlists are stored in a hidden file.

Jun 10, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #552 of 1,185
Balanced or non balanced for my next Beat Audio cable order, that is the question. I'll be using it with the opus 2 and whatever iems I have when it arrives. I know for sure I'll have my Earsonics S-EM9's. Might have some in-ear Prophile 8's. I've read balanced and non balanced are pretty similar on this device.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #553 of 1,185
Last week I had a weird thing happen.

First off, a month ago I bought my first 256GB microSD, which went directly into the Opus#2.
Second, I had just updated the firmware to the latest version, about a week before this "thing" happened.

So... I always browse by folder. And I noticed the top folder, "A Perfect Circle" contained Amber Rubarth's newest album, instead of the progressive rock it was meant to.

Ok. Whatever. Perhaps I did that. I can't imagine how I did that, but stranger things have happened.

I delete that folder and recopy "A Perfect Circle" onto the SD card.

Next time I browse that folder, there are no files in there at all. Worse yet, this is also true for the first five or so folders on my SD card. All empty.

Clearly some glitches are occurring. The only thing I can really do is recopy those folders containing the missing files.

Browsing in Windows, I see the files did copy, and are now there. But Opus#2 refuses to see them.

I reboot the DAP a few times, and let it scan. Still nothing. I perform a factory reset, thus wiping out 80 or so Gig of music on the internal storage. Still nothing.

Finally, I let Opus#2 format the SD again, and start the long, grueling process of copying everything back on there, just the way I like it.

This seems to have fixed the issue. I've been using it without problem all week. All my files, as far as I've seen, are there, and accessible.

Still, that was seriously annoying, and I don't want it to happen again.

Jun 10, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #554 of 1,185
This seems to have fixed the issue. I've been using it without problem all week. All my files, as far as I've seen, are there, and accessible.

Still, that was seriously annoying, and I don't want it to happen again.

My Opus #2 is having serious issue with the MTP driver in windows 10. sometime I open internal storage folder and its empty and when I open the SD card folder the internal storage folders show up albeit empty. Hardware or other? My #1 and AK300 don't do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back