Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Jul 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #586 of 1,185
It's good to know that you guys are still around. I was afraid that most of you already sold you #2 and got something newer. If anyone is streaming from NAS, do I have to use DLNA only or I can mount NFS or SMB? I use QNAP NAS and there is an app for android available in play store. Can I get apk and just install it? Thanks.

Nope. I'm testing out KANN right now. And I gotta, say, I'm in no mind to sell off Opus#2 for it.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #587 of 1,185
Nope. I'm testing out KANN right now. And I gotta, say, I'm in no mind to sell off Opus#2 for it.

I didn't sell my opus #2 for another DAP, but that the Wi-Fi range was poor and the main purpose of having it was for streaming. My guess is the metal chassis shields the signal therefore decreasing range. did I test it scientifically, no. it is purely a guess, but regardless of the sound (I own and opus #1, AK300 and LPGD) the poor Wi-Fi performance was the deal breaker. the AK300 doesn't have the same issue, so did I just have a bad unit or is it a problem with the device?

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #590 of 1,185
KANN signal is stronger indeed. I stream with a cheap Hootoo TripMate Nano($15) portable router. Usually it is sitting within 3 feet away from my Opus #2 and I can see the bars on Opus #2 to be 3 to 2. Even if the nano router is besides the Opus #2 sitting within one feet range, the signal never able to reach to 5 bars. However, my purpose of using the portable router is to be able to "mount" 2TB music library to Opus #2 on the go, I do not really concern about the distance. It is sufficient for me to stream DSDs without stuttering and that is all what I care about. On KANN, it streams from both of my home NAS and portable router without problems with strong signal. The most magical thing of KANN is the music is not affected by the wifi interference. KANN to me is still not comparable to Opus #2 SQ wise. Because of it, its main purpose to me is for travel only. Both are great DAPs, with their own strength and weakness.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #592 of 1,185
I don't recall any reviews mention that... would have saved a wasted purchase if it was mentioned
I am sorry I neglected to mention that in my review as well.

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #593 of 1,185
Hi ALL...

Need help how to downgrade the firmware...

I just bought OPUS #2 and it came with firmware ver.1.00.03 and very happy with the sound, since I'm curious about the new firmware ver.1.02.02, I upgraded the firmware.

But I found the 1.02.02 is sounding less clarity & details and I can't revert back to 1.00.03.
Even its SQ is on same level as my FiiO X5 3rd (FW 1.1.6), it's really made me dissapointed...

Is there any ways to downgrade the firmware?

Thanks so much...

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #595 of 1,185
I'm curious about Opus 2 since I've been using Opus 3 so far and I found it to be an awesome DAP!

First, take everything you think you know about Sabre DACs and throw it out the window. Opus#2 is not like most Sabre devices. It's full-sounding, with fantastic note weight. It's tuned slightly warm and exhibits mad dynamics. The true defining quality is how natural it sounds.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #596 of 1,185
First, take everything you think you know about Sabre DACs and throw it out the window. Opus#2 is not like most Sabre devices. It's full-sounding, with fantastic note weight. It's tuned slightly warm and exhibits mad dynamics. The true defining quality is how natural it sounds.

That sounds quite exciting!

What I'd wish for is a very well extended treble, if it extends as much as Opus #3, then it should be wonderful!

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #598 of 1,185
I'm curious about Opus 2 since I've been using Opus 3 so far and I found it to be an awesome DAP!

Opus #2 is a different league. The 2 is punching into high-end segments while the 3 is at the very top of mid-tier. It is amazing how finely details and energetic the 2 is while being musical as well

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #599 of 1,185
Hi ALL...

Need help how to downgrade the firmware...

I just bought OPUS #2 and it came with firmware ver.1.00.03 and very happy with the sound, since I'm curious about the new firmware ver.1.02.02, I upgraded the firmware.

But I found the 1.02.02 is sounding less clarity & details and I can't revert back to 1.00.03.
Even its SQ is on same level as my FiiO X5 3rd (FW 1.1.6), it's really made me dissapointed...

Is there any ways to downgrade the firmware?

Thanks so much...

Is there anyone can help?
Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back