thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Feb 19, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #3,616 of 4,190
The 2.00.09 update has introduced 2 new bugs.

1) If you reinitialize the database you no longer get the spinning gear in the top status bar while the database is being rebuilt. So you have no idea when it's done.

2) Songs are now sorted by location (Internal, microSD1, microSD2), then folder name and finally by track name.

On my OPUS#1 and OPUS#2 I have my music sorted in folders like this:

microSD1

A ->
AC_DC ->
1976 - High Voltage
1976 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
1979 - Highway to Hell
B ->
Band, The ->
1968 - Music from Big Pink [Hi-Res]
1969 - The Band [Hi-Res]

So Letter A-K on OPUS#1 microSD1 and L-Z on microSD2.

So when I browse by Song the first song on the OPUS#1 listed is "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" from AC/DC's "High Voltage" which is the first file in the folder "1976 - High Voltage". Previously in 2.00.07 the first song listed was "- Human" from Metallica's "S&M" which is on microSD2. On my OPUS#2 "- Human" is the first song listed.

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #3,617 of 4,190
I just was wondering if you had checked the info on the player to make sure that it says it has 2.00.09

I am sure you did but it never hurts to ask the obvious... :)

I checked. It says 2.00.09.

Feb 21, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #3,618 of 4,190
I'm wondering what is the best firmware version for sound quality and less bugs , I got my new opus#1 with firmware 2.00.00[16111101] , so I'm suspecting that I got a used one , also USB dac are working but with clicking sound , is it good on the latest firmware?, By the way I live in egyEg and a friend delivered it to me while he was coming back , so no chance of returning

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #3,620 of 4,190
Well I just installed 2.00.09 and so far so good for me .
Great.! I got my #1 last weekend. Had same version FW as yours. It was the metal premium version. All was factory sealed/shrink wrapped - from Amazon(via MusicTeck) here in the US. Battery was at 0%! After a charge, updated to 2.00.09.
Mine sounds terrific, and is working just fine-no problems. Enjoy yours, majo123!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #3,622 of 4,190
Great.! I got my #1 last weekend. Had same version FW as yours. It was the metal premium version. All was factory sealed/shrink wrapped - from Amazon(via MusicTeck) here in the US. Battery was at 0%!
Mine sounds terrific, and is working just fine-no problems. Enjoy yours, majo123m

I have had mine for about 7 months it's a great dap, I also owned a fiio x7 1st gen until this weekend but sold it, I prefer the opus1 in my opinion it has more resolve than the original x7 but the x7 had more body to the sound.
I would take opus1 first anyday.
The latest firmware seems to have solved most of the niggles

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #3,623 of 4,190
Anyone else having issues with the player stop playing music completely since the latest firmware update?

My opus1 will cease to play any file until i turn on and off. Then it will it work again. Not sure if its a particular file im playing ill have to test further.

Edit: it seems to be a particular file/album I've been able to recreate the issue. It may be just a corrupt file. Ill continue to test.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #3,624 of 4,190
Anyone else having issues with the player stop playing music completely since the latest firmware update?

My opus1 will cease to play any file until i turn on and off. Then it will it work again. Not sure if its a particular file im playing ill have to test further.

Edit: it seems to be a particular file/album I've been able to recreate the issue. It may be just a corrupt file. Ill continue to test.
Hi, alphanumerix1.
I've only had my Opus #1 (Metal) with the new firmware for a little over a week. No playback issues at all. It's possible a corrupt file is causing your problem, like you mentioned. Also, did the FW successfully complete installation on your Opus?

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3,627 of 4,190
It seems to sound thinner after updating to 2.00.09.
The database sorting has gone haywire. I'm losing tracks off albums unless I drill down into the folders.
Is it possible to go back to a previous version?

It is not possible to go back.

You should report these issues to Opus so that they will make another update.

I am not having any problems and I never notice sound differences with firmware changes... maybe because I have more than one dap and many headphones, iems and buds so I am used to changing sound signatures all the time.

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #3,628 of 4,190
It seems to sound thinner after updating to 2.00.09.
I really doubt that, this "last patch" was really about removing the gain bug that re-appeared after solving the 10 seconds bug.

And I really can't say this when comparing my Opus #1 to #1S: they sound similar beside the slightly more forward upper mids on #1S.

The only change in sound in my opinion was on patch 2.00.00 when they introduced the new UI and made major changes.
Since then, it has been bug chasing (at least from the change logs).

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #3,630 of 4,190
I was wondering has anyone tried a 400gb card in the oppy1 yet? .
Yes, I have one together with a 256 gb installed, and no problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back