thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Mar 4, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #3,631 of 4,190
Yes, I have one together with a 256 gb installed, and no problems at all.

You have just made my day...i am considering buying another dap with guaranteed 400gb per slot storage x 2 .
But i might not bother if my oppy1 achieved this.
I bought a cayin n3 in the week and paired with mojo through usb C and coax, it's fantastic great transport.
Then I went back to my old set up oppy1 with optical to mojo, on first few listens I thought the cayin had trounced the oppy1 set up but with more time today i compared more thoroughly and the oppy1 setup still is better although not by much , just a little cleaner and slightly more detail coming through.

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #3,632 of 4,190
Mar 7, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #3,634 of 4,190
Hi Guys! Recently bought an Opus#1 (still in transit) and i'm very excited to receive it. Anything i must know before i boot it for the first time? Thanks in advance!
Hi, leobigfield! I received my Opus#1 Metal version about 10 days ago. Battery was completely drained, so that was the first thing I had to do: charge it fully. I had previously downloaded the newest firmware, OS updates and user manual from Audio-Opus website. Once the player was fully charged, I followed the instructions and updated the firmware to version 2.00.09. Pretty straightforward and went smoothly.
The user manual (PDF) is very thorough and helpful. Then set date, time and other custom settings (gapless, EQ, screen timeout, etc.) Lastly I inserted the microSD cards and scanned them. It took a while to build the library, but what's great is
when new files are added to the Opus, they appear immediately - you don't need to rescan to update library. Then: listen! Hope these tips help to get you started. Enjoy your player!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #3,635 of 4,190
Hi Guys! Recently bought an Opus#1 (still in transit) and i'm very excited to receive it. Anything i must know before i boot it for the first time? Thanks in advance!

To follow up on Chaz's post, just make sure to note your current firmware version & follow the website's instructions for updating the firmware in the proper order (iirc there were one or two major updates that must be done prior to the most recent ones).

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #3,636 of 4,190

Adding to firmware talk - use the internal storage for the firmware files. The Opus will see firmware files loaded on SD but in my experience the update would not fully load and I'd end up in a sort of boot loop.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #3,637 of 4,190
Adding to firmware talk - use the internal storage for the firmware files. The Opus will see firmware files loaded on SD but in my experience the update would not fully load and I'd end up in a sort of boot loop.
Great points, Raketen & DatClampTho!

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #3,638 of 4,190

I have always loaded firmware from sd never had a problem and I have updated approx 3 firmware.

Enjoy the opus1 its an awesome player.

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #3,640 of 4,190
Thanks guys for all the tips! Very valuable knowledge. It's been delivered today. Going home now to enjoy my first quality player :)

Last word of advice: be careful, it's addictive :wink:

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #3,642 of 4,190
Pressed play 2 hours ago. Can't even press next to jump songs, i want to hear them all :L3000:

The EQ in it is really good, doesn't degrade sound quality and i can give the B400 the slight treble energy that they lack. Very nice!
:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #3,644 of 4,190
It's ashame that thebit doesn't want to fix my OPUS #1. Making me hesitant on getting the OPUS #3.
What’s the problem with your Opus#1?

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #3,645 of 4,190
What’s the problem with your Opus#1?

Still has a battery problem. The battery is clearly defective. I shouldn't have to contact the store I purchased it from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back