thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jul 29, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #2,851 of 4,190
Did you put some music files in the internal memory and try to play them? Maybe the problem is in the memory card and you have to reformat it.

Besides, every time you restart the player it is needed to wait some minutes while the database is updated. Until then you won't be able to see the files and play the music.

Jul 29, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #2,852 of 4,190
Did you put some music files in the internal memory and try to play them? Maybe the problem is in the memory card and you have to reformat it.

Besides, every time you restart the player it is needed to wait some minutes while the database is updated. Until then you won't be able to see the files and play the music.
Whoa interesting.
Yes I removed my sd cards just now.
Inserted a flac and a wav and mp3 into opus internal 32 gb memory

I waited for that arrow indicator to finish loading. Sadly it still says song cannot be played.

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #2,853 of 4,190

This is why I do not power off the player. I just let it go into sleep mode. It seems to not use the battery very much while in that mode and is instantly ready with a quick botton press. I have two full 128GB cards. If I do a restart I wait 15 minutes or more for it to be ready.

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #2,854 of 4,190
This is why I do not power off the player. I just let it go into sleep mode. It seems to not use the battery very much while in that mode and is instantly ready with a quick botton press. I have two full 128GB cards. If I do a restart I wait 15 minutes or more for it to be ready.
This is something I will remember for sure. It takes forever to reload when I reset my opus. When I get a working one. Gonna put it in sleep mode. No turning off ever.

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #2,855 of 4,190
Hey all. Opus 1 certainly has a nice UI.
I think Im going to have to exchange players on amazon and get another opus 1.

I updated to latest firmware on 2.07
opus 1 will not play any files. Flacs wavs mp3s AAC. Each one saying "The Song Can't be played" I can't find anything on it in the forums via search.

So I might have to wait till I can exchange it or something.

I tried loading songs into internal storage and reformatting sd card and factory resetting. Still oddly same issue.

Definitely gotta send it in?

Something like that happened after I updated my Opus#2. I did a factory reset, which clears internal memory. After which I made Opus "Erase SD Card" This basically means Opus is formatting your SD to its own preference and standard. Then I had to reload all my music, which sucks, and took forever. After that, I rebooted the device and waited for the "scanning" icon to finish. Then I could play music again.

I haven't had a problem since.

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #2,856 of 4,190
This is something I will remember for sure. It takes forever to reload when I reset my opus. When I get a working one. Gonna put it in sleep mode. No turning off ever.

It puts itself into sleep mode a couple of seconds after it stops getting a signal. You don't have to do anything. A quick press wakes it right up again when you want.

If I want to add a couple more albums to one of the cards I just connect the player to the computer to do that because the database will update in real time. No need to restart and re-read it. Of course if you are going to add or move or delete loads of files then it is better to use a card reader because it is so much faster. You will want to power off the player when removing and re-inserting the cards and of course it will then re-read the entire database when you restart.

I think it is because of android that we cannot reflash the current firmware or roll back to an old one. Do you remember which one was on it when the player arrived? Did it work before the update?

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #2,857 of 4,190
Something like that happened after I updated my Opus#2. I did a factory reset, which clears internal memory. After which I made Opus "Erase SD Card" This basically means Opus is formatting your SD to its own preference and standard. Then I had to reload all my music, which sucks, and took forever. After that, I rebooted the device and waited for the "scanning" icon to finish. Then I could play music again.

I haven't had a problem since.

If I had to do that I would just put a few albums on one card to test it first...
What about the fact that he cannot play files from the internal memory either? The player is seeing the art work etc.... obviously sees the files but will not play them. I hope we get the update soon that will address that 10 second bug.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #2,858 of 4,190
It puts itself into sleep mode a couple of seconds after it stops getting a signal. You don't have to do anything. A quick press wakes it right up again when you want.

If I want to add a couple more albums to one of the cards I just connect the player to the computer to do that because the database will update in real time. No need to restart and re-read it. Of course if you are going to add or move or delete loads of files then it is better to use a card reader because it is so much faster. You will want to power off the player when removing and re-inserting the cards and of course it will then re-read the entire database when you restart.

I think it is because of android that we cannot reflash the current firmware or roll back to an old one. Do you remember which one was on it when the player arrived? Did it work before the update?
Unfortunately I bought it yesterday and it came with 2.00 lollipop. But I did not test it. I upgraded the dap with latest firmware. Maybe I shouldve tested it.

But dont worry all! I will find a time at work to upload a nice photo of my iems with opus 1 dap. Even though it doesnt play the file. :p

Jul 29, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #2,859 of 4,190
20170729_081139.jpg
Well I can say for sure. Soundstage is very phenomenal! Full of air.
:p

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #2,860 of 4,190
Jul 29, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #2,862 of 4,190
I just hope maybe they can do a hotfix or something. Most likely have to send it in cause its not an android like opus 3.

Its locked down to one player.

The #1 is running Android - a highly customized one. I doubt they would create a hotfix just for you. If you already did what PinkyPowers did for his #2 - then it's a unit issue - just have it replaced.

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #2,863 of 4,190
The #1 is running Android - a highly customized one. I doubt they would create a hotfix just for you. If you already did what PinkyPowers did for his #2 - then it's a unit issue - just have it replaced.
Alrighty then. No I mean its a locked down android. Like you cant install apps. Like if stock opus player wont play them. Maybe another app like blackplayer would.

It is a locked down lollipop :p

But gonna send it in to prostudio. Then they gotta test it too. Since its a reseller on amazon gotta go through them.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #2,864 of 4,190
Am i correct in saying the opus1 can be used a usb dac but only at 16/44?

There's no indication on the player what it's playing at, didn't see in specs either... the dac itself supports 24/192 natively. I can't even get it to work properly in USB DAC mode- this functionality is pretty hit and miss from what I have read.

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #2,865 of 4,190
There's no indication on the player what it's playing at, didn't see in specs either... the dac itself supports 24/192 natively. I can't even get it to work properly in USB DAC mode- this functionality is pretty hit and miss from what I have read.
Omg I was so scared when I tried out USB dac function and it crashed the Opus 1.
Kept doing it and it kept crashing. And Opus loading screen comes up each time I try usb dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back