thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #2,881 of 4,190
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #2,883 of 4,190
Anyways, OT. I still have yet to see this amazing sleep mode battery everybody talks about. It will drop a few % after a day, even when off, my Fiio M3 I can have off for weeks and no battery drop

That IS the amazing sleep mode lol... it's only amazing compared to before- for using the DAP somewhat regularly now we don't have to wait for it to boot & rescan every time.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #2,885 of 4,190
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Amazon gave me an immediately refund after some chat with the reseller!!!! OMG it's coming tomorrow a brand new one!!!

Yay!!!!!!! Very happy for you!

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #2,886 of 4,190
Hope to test it out! I will see what the deep sleep function too. It's the moon icon I believe in menu?

Funny I live in Bay Area south of San Francisco!

There is a sleep option in the settings, but I don't suggest you use that. It shuts off the player.

Opus goes into a deep sleep hibernation automatically. This is not a feature you can turn on or off. It simply kicks in after a couple of seconds of inactivity. It's impressive. You can go days and days without losing more than a percent or two of battery, and the player will turn back on instantly with the press of the power button.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #2,888 of 4,190
have you tried for a week or 2? how many % do you loose in those time frames?

No. If I'm not using it very often, then I will just turn it off.

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #2,889 of 4,190
have you tried for a week or 2? how many % do you loose in those time frames?
I don't go that long without using it because it is the main source for the tube amp in my living room. I should experiment with one thing . I think it might lose more if it is connected to the line out while sleeping but I an not sure if that would make sense.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,891 of 4,190
I'm not fastidious enough to have exact numbers. :wink: But it was around a week, and it drained around 5%.

If you want more than that, I say you're living your life wrong.

For those who use their DAP every day, or every other day, just leave the Opus on all the time. But if you go a week or more without using it. Then turn it off until you're ready for it. Deal with the scan time on that first boot-up. If you go that long without using it, you can wait ten minutes for it to scan.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,892 of 4,190
I didn't my own sleep vs battery test a while back. I don't use the player super often so I can do it again. From pics, I took it off the charger at 100% at 11:45 PM, the next morning at 8:45 AM it was at 99%.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,894 of 4,190
Wow! The battery drain in sleep mode sounds like it is perfect for my needs. I don't think I will be shutting mine down much when i get one later this year. That is great news for me. Thanks for this uplifting info.

Cheers

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back