thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jul 29, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #2,836 of 4,190
Edit: OMG. I applied a screen protector on top of screen protector The Bit applied for me already.

Been there. Back with the FiiO X5 Classic. Couldn't see any screen protector, so I applied the spare, only to realize I just double-layered them. :D

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,837 of 4,190
Hey all. I succumbed and ordered Opus 1 ABS plastic DAP for same day delivery. Its coming today.

I couldn't make up my mind between opus 1 metal and Questyle Q1PR.

I ended wanting to save money and bought "lesser ABS Opus1"
Twas too late when I made up my mind.

:p oh well. Im gonna be touching leather anyways and keep it away from my phone and other peoples phones from EMI.

Gonna pour rest of my moneys towards CA Andromeda.

Yeah good choice by putting money into better iems imo.

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #2,838 of 4,190
Yeah good choice by putting money into better iems imo.

^This! I'm non-audiophile but for my money I don't think anyone is missing too much with Opus#1... from what I have heard I would probably pick ZX2 as next upgrade, but that's like 3x the Massdrop price and it's not an enormous leap or anything. Otherwise it's more like signature and feature/functionality/form factor preference or maybe headphone synergy differences (like L5Pro I thought sounded great but not quite my taste, that kind of thing).

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #2,839 of 4,190
Hey all. Opus 1 certainly has a nice UI.
I think Im going to have to exchange players on amazon and get another opus 1.

I updated to latest firmware on 2.07
opus 1 will not play any files. Flacs wavs mp3s AAC. Each one saying "The Song Can't be played" I can't find anything on it in the forums via search.

So I might have to wait till I can exchange it or something.

I tried loading songs into internal storage and reformatting sd card and factory resetting. Still oddly same issue.

Definitely gotta send it in?
20170729_042549_HDR.jpg

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #2,840 of 4,190

opus 1 will not play any files. Flacs wavs mp3s AAC. Each one saying "The Song Can't be played" I can't find anything on it in the forums via search.

I tried loading songs into internal storage and reformatting sd card and factory resetting. Still oddly same issue.

I have never seen anyone report anything like this. I would first try reflashing the firmware. Also report this to Opus.

Jul 29, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #2,842 of 4,190
How do I reflash the firmware. It won't let me reapply latest firmware. i sent an email to opus

Ah...I understand. It does not see an update as being available now. Some devices will let you put any firmware on. Did you buy from Amazon?

Jul 29, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #2,846 of 4,190

Since you're on the latest firmware, have you tried resetting the player back to factory defaults?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back