THE ZMF ATRIUM!!! and other cool LTD ZMF Stuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #271 of 1,373
Anyone else thinking the aged copper grills/rods from the cherry model would look incredible on the bubinga? I'm debating which wood to go for, and from a wood only perspective, i love the red hues of bubinga, but from a metal/grill standpoint that aged copper looks amazing to me. I'm blessed this is the biggest problem i'm faced with... 1st world problems for sure.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #272 of 1,373
Yeah, we need a pad rolling review too, becuase that is pretty crucial for ZMF cans.

I'm working on that too. I'll have a short summary of the Be2 perforated (leather and suede), Auteur leather perforated and Auteur hybrid perforated when my review comes out for the 1st April headphone release.

More pad-rolling will then follow with VO and VC in the mix too.

Mar 21, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #273 of 1,373
The Verite driver talk has been covered in the Verite thread. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-verite.890270/

I was just trying to provide a quick info response from the ZMF website.

Turns out there is nothing in the Verite thread on what "driver vapor deposed with 20% Beryllium by thickness" entails. Apologies if my searching abilities have failed me.

It would be nice to have more details from Zach, in response to the other poster's concerns. I will ask the question in the Verite thread later.

Mar 21, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #274 of 1,373
At
20220321_164039.jpg

diy Atrium

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #275 of 1,373
Is the Atrium available? In the EU too?

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #276 of 1,373
Anyone else thinking the aged copper grills/rods from the cherry model would look incredible on the bubinga? I'm debating which wood to go for, and from a wood only perspective, i love the red hues of bubinga, but from a metal/grill standpoint that aged copper looks amazing to me. I'm blessed this is the biggest problem i'm faced with... 1st world problems for sure.
It does make a nice combination. I used the aged copper option on my LTD Bocote wood order for the Aeolus last summer. ZMF's craftmanship is outstanding. Wow, that Atrium is a work of art, should I have waited????
DSCN2132.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #277 of 1,373
It does make a nice combination. I used the aged copper option on my LTD Bocote order for the Aeolus last summer. ZMF's craftmanship is outstanding. Wow, that Atrium is a work of art, should I have waited???? DSCN2132.JPG
Man that bocote is nice! I think they'll be different enough that they'd be complementary, if you can swing having two sets at once. I plan on pairing an Atrium with my Atticus.

Mar 21, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #278 of 1,373
It does make a nice combination. I used the aged copper option on my LTD Bocote wood order for the Aeolus last summer. ZMF's craftmanship is outstanding. Wow, that Atrium is a work of art, should I have waited???? DSCN2132.JPG
That is a beautiful set of bocote Aeolus.

Atrium will be a different flavor of the ZMF Sound. Why not own both ? One can never have enough ZMF (self justification for my collection)

Mar 21, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #279 of 1,373

Atrium will be a different flavor of the ZMF Sound. Why not own both ? One can never have enough ZMF (self justification for my collection)
Righttt, gotta catch em all!

Mar 21, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #280 of 1,373

Thank you, oof, so pretty, so tempting when I look over the Atrium. I keep reminding myself it is double what I paid for my last order. ZMF gave me a nice early bird deal on the Bocote LTD at the regular Aeolus price.

Mar 21, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #281 of 1,373
I'll be sitting anxiously by my computer, credit card in hand - all of those extolling comments have sold me!

What pads & cables should I pair with these?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #282 of 1,373
My lord. This is the "aged" Cherry option, yeah?

I love the monotone profile with this grille. I was thinking of holding off for a darker wood (Blackwood, etc), but seeing this may make me go Aged Cherry instead.

@zach915m, will the aged cherry continue to age further yet over the years like the standard cherry (just to a lesser degree)?
I don't know if I can hold out. lol. I, too, have a preference for the darker, denser woods (I have Blackwoods and a dark stabilized), but that patina'd option is uniquely special! The bubinga is a real beauty, too.

Mar 21, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #283 of 1,373
I'm assuming the differences in decay/resonance will be more subtle with the Atrium being ZMF's most open design to date.

If that's the case, the more lightweight, aged cherry and aged copper might contrast my Blackwood VC nicely.

Mar 21, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #284 of 1,373
What pads & cables should I pair with these?
The universe pads come stock, then you have a choice between the Auteur pads or the Be pads. For me personally, I like Auteur, Universe and then Be, in that order.

I started off listening with a ZMF silver cable, then I switched to the stock copper cable. I prefer the copper. My copper 2K cable is back in Chicago getting some TLC.

Mar 21, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #285 of 1,373
The universe pads come stock, then you have a choice between the Auteur pads or the Be pads. For me personally, I like Auteur, Universe and then Be, in that order.

I started off listening with a ZMF silver cable, then I switched to the stock copper cable. I prefer the copper. My copper 2K cable is back in Chicago getting some TLC.
Knowing me, I'll wind up buying all three sets of pads. As for cables, I just had a conversation with @skedra about having something special created. The added advantage is I believe they share the same jack wiring as my Meze's....so win/win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back