THE ZMF ATRIUM!!! and other cool LTD ZMF Stuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #196 of 1,373
I'm curious about the exact improvements to the damping system, and the changes to the Auteur Classic. Are the changes in the damping system something that could be applied to the vintage Auteur …
Asked and answered here — he doesn’t know yet.

Mar 19, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #197 of 1,373
Asked and answered here — he doesn’t know yet.
10-4. I haven't read the entire thread. So, thank you for the link. I will just leave my Auteur be. Sounds great as is.

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #200 of 1,373
Hello all!

I'll be honest - the pretty picture on the main page led me here. I've never heard, nor known anything about ZMF until the captivating photo. I am so enamored I'm contemplating the Atrium as my first ZMF headphone! Can someone give me a comparative sound reference of what I can expect from these compared to something I may be familiar with (see signature).

Also, is there a better choice for my first ZMF experience? Once I join the cult of ZMF, do I also need to grow a man-bun? Should I start using wood everything??? I need to know!

Thanks!

1647740222624.png

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #201 of 1,373
Hello all!

I'll be honest - the pretty picture on the main page led me here. I've never heard, nor known anything about ZMF until the captivating photo. I am so enamored I'm contemplating the Atrium as my first ZMF headphone! Can someone give me a comparative sound reference of what I can expect from these compared to something I may be familiar with (see signature).

Also, is there a better choice for my first ZMF experience? Once I join the cult of ZMF, do I also need to grow a man-bun? Should I start using wood everything??? I need to know!

Thanks!

If the Atrium is your first dip into ZMF headphones, I would say you would be doing quite well :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #202 of 1,373
Once I join the cult of ZMF, do I also need to grow a man-bun? Should I start using wood everything??? I need to know!

Yes, like us, you will give up all your new world possessions except for electricity, cabling, source, and dac.

You'll then purchase multiple tube amps and spend your days researching tubes.

Then you'll start crafting things, whittling, but they never look as perfect as your warm, lush, ZMFs.

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #203 of 1,373
Yes, like us, you will give up all your new world possessions except for electricity, cabling, source, and dac.

You'll then purchase multiple tube amps and spend your days researching tubes.

Then you'll start crafting things, whittling, but they never look as perfect as your warm, lush, ZMFs.
I've already got a head start on the tube amps and tube collectting...

20220317_191016.jpg
20220319_220824.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #204 of 1,373
Hello all!

Thanks!

I can vouch personally that having a man-bun increases ZMF enjoyment immensely.

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #205 of 1,373
I can vouch personally that having a man-bun increases ZMF enjoyment immensely.
Those who can't man-bun can alternately go with the rustic woodworker beard.

Screenshot_20220319-221603_Chrome.jpg

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #206 of 1,373
The Official Atrium Metalfest Has Begun!

Inked20220319_221421_LI.jpg

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #207 of 1,373
Hello all!

Thanks!

1647740222624.png
Hmm... depends on what your looking for. Are you trying to capture a sound similar to what you have? Or perhaps sound like something you don't have?

From what I've read the atrium has it lineage connected to auteur which is more linear and less colored than other zmfs. Another thing is that the biocellulose driver at least from owning the auteur in one wood or another is going to be perceived as slightly slower than headphones you own like the utopia and even a little slower than hd800 from memory (its been awhile since I've heard mine). But I will add this, being slower plays to the auteur strength of sounding natural. It would seem the atrium is trying to use a similar slower pace to its advantage which might be why users are saying it sounds analog. If you want something more colorful Aeolus/Atticus and the verites would be the ones to look into. You might he surprised by the dampening going on in a zmf.

Another thing to keep in mind while zmf headphones won't sound the same as compared to what you have these headphones may ring bells that remind you of headphones you own. The auteur might rings bells that remind you of maybe a hd6xx series headphone but with less mid bass bloat. The verites might ring a bell or two that might remind you of a focal but the sound while focused and holographic are not as aggressive as a focal to my ears. Auteur bass is somewhat recording dependent, on occasion you might find its bass powerful, but most of the time it retains presence but is not the main focus as its wonderful natural mid range is. Verite bass is more rounded sounding and when bass goes off to my ears it can sound like a bomb exploding under a mountain of bed sheets (I often times prefer these more colorful zmf's, but that's just me) and I find it to be an easier to listen to type of bass vs autuer which is tighter sounding, having more snap and crisp.

As you look at different reviews of each zmf, pick the one that has the general characteristics you might be most interested in hearing and know that you are encouraged to swap pads to better tune it to your liking. So the part of the zmf website

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-faq
You can choose the sidebar on the top left and choose product info then you choose whichever headphone you want to read about. If the description of one of them strikes your fancy give it a try, and know that again you can pad swap if they are not at first to your liking.

Have fun :wink:

Mar 19, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #209 of 1,373
Hello all!

Thanks!

I have two Aeolus LTDs, an Auteur LTD, and a Verite Open. The Auteur is my favorite. It’s the most neutral of the three open styles. The Atrium is being described as Auteur 2. With an improved Auteur Classic forthcoming, I’ll look to add one of those. Price should be sub-$2K.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #210 of 1,373
Not to jump the gun but will there be stabilized versions by November?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back