The Zishan dsd's corner
Sep 28, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #739 of 3,711
Sep 28, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #740 of 3,711
HTB1UzEAdTZRMeJjSspkq6xGpXXaR.jpg
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/YinL...id=0059ff23-9623-4129-a2f5-5002a29a351a&tpp=1

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #741 of 3,711
Today I modified my DSD. In LPF I put OPA627х2, and on the output - AD8620.
The sound is fantastic! Very detailed. The stage is wide, the arrangement of instruments is excellent.

I am very pleased with the result

Oct 13, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #742 of 3,711
Hello.

I want to buy a new DIY DAP with screen, like Zishan DSD or Xunsound XS01. I read here that Xunsound XS01 has better construction but Zishan DSD has better sound. Wich is better in terms of sound, battery life and power?
I know also that Xunsound XS01 can be purchased directly with several options in Penon Audio. Is there any way to do it the same with Zishan DSD in AliExpress? I only find the same model in several stores without any mention of oamp switch.
I read that there are an upgraded version of Zishan DSD, I think that is a basic model with different oamps, isn't it?
I see two versions of Zishan DSD with and without volume potentiometer, I think that the model with volume potentiometer has better DAC chip.
Now I have a Zishan Z2 model, is DSD model an upgrade in terms of sound quality?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Oct 14, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #743 of 3,711
Hello.

I want to buy a new DIY DAP with screen, like Zishan DSD or Xunsound XS01. I read here that Xunsound XS01 has better construction but Zishan DSD has better sound. Wich is better in terms of sound, battery life and power?
I know also that Xunsound XS01 can be purchased directly with several options in Penon Audio. Is there any way to do it the same with Zishan DSD in AliExpress? I only find the same model in several stores without any mention of oamp switch.
I read that there are an upgraded version of Zishan DSD, I think that is a basic model with different oamps, isn't it?
I see two versions of Zishan DSD with and without volume potentiometer, I think that the model with volume potentiometer has better DAC chip.
Now I have a Zishan Z2 model, is DSD model an upgrade in terms of sound quality?

Thank you in advance for your comments.
I don't own Xunsound XS01 nor Zishan Z2, so can't compare them.
About Zishan DSD. As far I know, you can buy only stock version in Aliexpress. Upgrade version is no longer available from taobao (by the guy who was doing it usually) either; maybe in eBay..
Stock version comes with LME49720NA as LPF (low pass filter, which is switchable, DIP-8 socket) and OP275 as amp stage (soldered), 2xBUF634 as buffer. It uses coupling caps capacitors (470uF) and has an output impedance <1Ω. working voltage is 4.5 or 5V, I think. DAC is AK4495SEQ, while "not-potmeter" version is AK4490, like Z2 (for the price difference, i think AK4495 is a good option).
Upgrade version comes with different opamps (LPF and amp) of your choice; LPF is switchable, but you'll have to solder to replace amp one; 4xBUF634 as buffer. It uses symmetric voltage (-12 to 12V, or -15 to 15V), so no coupling caps needed. Output impedance is about 10Ω (you can bridge a resistor to return it back to <1Ω, but you'll have avoid plugging low impedance sensitive phones at excessive volume). This one is able to deliver much higher power than stock one, if needed (from 3.75Vrms to 6.11Vrms, unloaded), but battery runs out quicker as well.
It can works as USB DAC (some options possible: sharp, slow, super slow roll-off, short/normal delay) and has a digital (coaxial) output available.
It's portable, but has considerable size. Battery duration is not remarkable, but can deliver good power to drive hard phones.
Sound quality is good for me (using it as desktop to drive HE-400i).

Oct 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #744 of 3,711
I don't own Xunsound XS01 nor Zishan Z2, so can't compare them.
About Zishan DSD. As far I know, you can buy only stock version in Aliexpress. Upgrade version is no longer available from taobao (by the guy who was doing it usually) either; maybe in eBay..
Stock version comes with LME49720NA as LPF (low pass filter, which is switchable, DIP-8 socket) and OP275 as amp stage (soldered), 2xBUF634 as buffer. It uses coupling caps capacitors (470uF) and has an output impedance <1Ω. working voltage is 4.5 or 5V, I think. DAC is AK4495SEQ, while "not-potmeter" version is AK4490, like Z2 (for the price difference, i think AK4495 is a good option).
Upgrade version comes with different opamps (LPF and amp) of your choice; LPF is switchable, but you'll have to solder to replace amp one; 4xBUF634 as buffer. It uses symmetric voltage (-12 to 12V, or -15 to 15V), so no coupling caps needed. Output impedance is about 10Ω (you can bridge a resistor to return it back to <1Ω, but you'll have avoid plugging low impedance sensitive phones at excessive volume). This one is able to deliver much higher power than stock one, if needed (from 3.75Vrms to 6.11Vrms, unloaded), but battery runs out quicker as well.
It can works as USB DAC (some options possible: sharp, slow, super slow roll-off, short/normal delay) and has a digital (coaxial) output available.
It's portable, but has considerable size. Battery duration is not remarkable, but can deliver good power to drive hard phones.
Sound quality is good for me (using it as desktop to drive HE-400i).
Wow! Awesome post, thank you so much for all the info.
Sure I need the normal version of zishan dsd because I have a lot of iems and earbuds and I need low impedance. This is the most important detail for me.

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #746 of 3,711
what's the difference between zishan dsd and new zishan dsd 16gb beside the memory and the chip AK4495seq ?
in term of sq?
Hello, as you are learning about the player ZiShan DSD, I do not know why nobody answers, but in what I can try to help you ,,,,, I understand that there was for sale in taobao a modified version of the player that in simple terms the difference was that instead of having an output at 9 volts, it was now at 15 volts helping its sound have more energy to give it a sound with more body and envelopment but the sacrifice is that the battery instead of 8 hours is now 5 hours at most that player is no longer on sale, now in aliexpress only sell the standard version but with the latest update in its sofwere, the player by itself has no memory, it includes a micro memory SD 16GB but the player supports up to a 256GB memory formatted to FAT 32, if not the format does not read the memory the player ,,,,,, I order on aliexpress my player and now I am waiting for it to arrive to my house now what you can cer in the fact that you decide to buy a player is to buy a Hi-End OPAmp to achieve a sound full of details which you replace yourself with the cheap OPAmp that originally includes the player, I currently have the MUSES02 but this is coming the Burson Supreme Audio duo V5-i that promises to have a sound even more heavenly than the MUSES, if you want it once I arrive and compare both OPAmp I give you the description of the sound of each and so you encourage by some, Greetings

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #748 of 3,711
origen,
thank you for your answer, waiting your's arrive and hear your review.

where you find the spec that says 15v ?
zishan dsd has no internal memory ?
It does not have internal memory, in aliexpress sold it including a Micro DS memory of 16 GB, there was for sale a modified version of the player with output to 15 volts, they discontinued that vercion because the battery lasted less than 5 hours, the original version of the player is 9 volts, but neglect, has volume to spare.

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #749 of 3,711
this is coming the Burson Supreme Audio duo V5-i that promises to have a sound even more heavenly than the MUSES said:
Yes, do it please. Could you share the link to by Burson V5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back