The Zishan dsd's corner
Sep 24, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #3,571 of 3,711
Thanks, but it still happens on a cold device It is strange that only on the PO in turbo pcm and hires mode There are no problems with turbo turned off
Stupid question: The clicking, it's not fault of any cap? Maybe in the LDO for 7V (if you hadn't modded) or in the opamp device its self? Also, if current draw rises depending on the file, maybe CPU current is dropped .... causing malfunction of decode those files.

In my case, I did not notice this clicking, maybe because my 660s are not sensitive as yours. The heating device did I spot is this (5V LDO) :

Screenshot at 2021-09-24 09-28-49.png

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #3,573 of 3,711
Stupid question: The clicking, it's not fault of any cap? Maybe in the LDO for 7V (if you hadn't modded) or in the opamp device its self? Also, if current draw rises depending on the file, maybe CPU current is dropped .... causing malfunction of decode those files.

In my case, I did not notice this clicking, maybe because my 660s are not sensitive as yours. The heating device did I spot is this (5V LDO) :

Fully agree: caps and LDOs would definitely play a role if power supply voltage drops are the issue. Slightly higher capacitors and/or slightly lower-drop LDOs could be enough to solve the problem. But one would have to experiment to find the right mod! I don’t have the AK4499 version, so I’m just guessing here! :ksc75smile:

Edit: if I remember correctly, the DSD (single) Ak4497 5V LDO was a problem. Power supply coul drop low enough to cause the LDO to stall and not regulate 5V. Since the LDO is also used as a Vref for the DAC, in effect it was commanding the DAC to lower its gain, creating perceived distortions. Changing the LDO for a better one (lower drop), or adding capacitors on the PS, or increasing the PS voltage slightly, were good solutions to fix the problem. The AK499 DSDs may have a similar issue…

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #3,574 of 3,711
I would like to thank everyone for all the advice. I will try to make an extension to the plug with a 10pin cable and connect to measure. I will give photos and then I will be happy to talk. Then what can the gentlemen advise Thanks a lot

I also noticed at 150 ohms I hear quieter knocks, probably at 250ohm or 600ohm I would not hear anything and there would be no problem
I am convinced that this is a voltage drop

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #3,576 of 3,711
I would like to thank everyone for all the advice. I will try to make an extension to the plug with a 10pin cable and connect to measure. I will give photos and then I will be happy to talk. Then what can the gentlemen advise Thanks a lot

I also noticed at 150 ohms I hear quieter knocks, probably at 250ohm or 600ohm I would not hear anything and there would be no problem
I am convinced that this is a voltage drop
You can find here more info about it

Sep 24, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #3,577 of 3,711
Fully agree: caps and LDOs would definitely play a role if power supply voltage drops are the issue. Slightly higher capacitors and/or slightly lower-drop LDOs could be enough to solve the problem. But one would have to experiment to find the right mod! I don’t have the AK4499 version, so I’m just guessing here! :ksc75smile:

Edit: if I remember correctly, the DSD (single) Ak4497 5V LDO was a problem. Power supply coul drop low enough to cause the LDO to stall and not regulate 5V. Since the LDO is also used as a Vref for the DAC, in effect it was commanding the DAC to lower its gain, creating perceived distortions. Changing the LDO for a better one (lower drop), or adding capacitors on the PS, or increasing the PS voltage slightly, were good solutions to fix the problem. The AK499 DSDs may have a similar issue…
And where is this voltage regulator in the ak4497 version?

Sep 26, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #3,582 of 3,711
Need little help, while experimenting with different opamps I accidentally broke the screen. Please guide a bit regarding the replacement screen. I have the first gen of the device.

20191015_215149-01.jpeg

Sep 26, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,584 of 3,711
@abheybir are you sure that is the lcd cracked or the digital board is in short?
Yes, the LCD pannel is cracked, it turn on but there are some fine lines in the display and I felt that panel shattering sound when I was handling it. I tried searching on ebay/aliexpress but not able to find any replacement panel. The attached picture is just for reference of model as currently the device is not with me. :)

Sep 26, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #3,585 of 3,711
Yes, the LCD pannel is cracked, it turn on but there are some fine lines in the display and I felt that panel shattering sound when I was handling it. I tried searching on ebay/aliexpress but not able to find any replacement panel. The attached picture is just for reference of model as currently the device is not with me. :)
I got some spare parts. Let me check if any works and I send you a PM, meanwhile you could check (when you get the device) which model of LCD is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back