The Zishan dsd's corner
Sep 26, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #3,586 of 3,711
I got some spare parts. Let me check if any works and I send you a PM, meanwhile you could check (when you get the device) which model of LCD is.
So nice of you, thank you!! main issue that I am facing is that there is no labeling on LCD panel. I will PM you the pictures of panel, maybe together we'll be able to find the model used. Thank you!!

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #3,589 of 3,711
what's the latest firmware for DSD AK4497 ? .5 ?
there is no "line out" on new version ?

I'm sorry, I have not following this for years.

The latest DSDs Firmware is 0.5b.
When you say "new version", do you mean the Hardware, or the Firmware?
I'm asking, because the Firmware doesn't affect the Line Out on the AK device models.
The DAC chip has L+, L-, R+, & R- output pins, that the op-amps & transistor buffers amplify, and then output as Single-Ended Line Out, Single-Ended Headphone Out, and Balanced Headphone Out.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #3,591 of 3,711
The latest DSDs Firmware is 0.5b.
When you say "new version", do you mean the Hardware, or the Firmware?
I'm asking, because the Firmware doesn't affect the Line Out on the AK device models.
The DAC chip has L+, L-, R+, & R- output pins, that the op-amps & transistor buffers amplify, and then output as Single-Ended Line Out, Single-Ended Headphone Out, and Balanced Headphone Out.
Sorry, I meant the firmware.
wait .. DSD AK4497 like mine has line out ?
my Zishan DSD only have 1 3.5mm output, it's only headphone out on that correct ?
no line out output correct ?

I will update the firmware to 0.5b
would you mind give me the link to download ?
I just want to make sure

thank you

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #3,592 of 3,711
Sorry, I meant the firmware.
wait .. DSD AK4497 like mine has line out ?
my Zishan DSD only have 1 3.5mm output, it's only headphone out on that correct ?
no line out output correct ?

I will update the firmware to 0.5b
would you mind give me the link to download ?
I just want to make sure

thank you

You're right - the Line Level Output is on the Dual AK4497 model.
One thing to NOTE - Since the Volume adjustment is within the AK DAC chips, none of the DSD units have an actual Fixed Line Level Output.
There were some links in this thread, to 0.5b Firmware downloads, that worked earlier in the year, but they're not working now.
I don't know if this forum software will allow me to upload the copy of 0.5b that I've got, or not - but I'll try.
The file type is a RAR, but I've given it a .txt suffix, so it would upload.
If you can download it, you'll need to delete the the .txt suffix, before uncompressing it.
Then rename sapp.bin to app.bin, and place app.bin and flash.bin on the DSD memory card.

Attachments

• ZiShan_DSD_0.5b.rar.txt
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 28, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #3,593 of 3,711
You're right - the Line Level Output is on the Dual AK4497 model.
One thing to NOTE - Since the Volume adjustment is within the AK DAC chips, none of the DSD units have an actual Fixed Line Level Output.
There were some links in this thread, to 0.5b Firmware downloads, that worked earlier in the year, but they're not working now.
I don't know if this forum software will allow me to upload the copy of 0.5b that I've got, or not - but I'll try.
The file type is a RAR, but I've given it a .txt suffix, so it would upload.
If you can download it, you'll need to delete the the .txt suffix, before uncompressing it.
Then rename sapp.bin to app.bin, and place app.bin and flash.bin on the DSD memory card.

Just check that mine is AK4497EQ.

thank you for the firmware but I can not download, it convert to .rar when I download, and I can not extract it.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #3,594 of 3,711
How many songs can the subj read from a flash card maximum?

Oct 18, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #3,595 of 3,711
I tried to fill 256GB card with m4a files but the player does not read them. What's the problem and how can I fix that?

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #3,597 of 3,711
I broke the plastic Len (LCD still work) on the Zishan DSD (dual ak4977). Where can I get a replacement for the Len or the entire case?
Hello @buzzbuzz you should send a Pm to huo guang Store, he states that is very close to zishan developers, and he could get you the replacements that you need.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #3,598 of 3,711
Hello @buzzbuzz you should send a Pm to huo guang Store, he states that is very close to zishan developers, and he could get you the replacements that you nee
Will do. Thanks.
BTW, the prices for Zishan DSD at Huo Guang Store, and elsewhere, had gone up a lot. Lol.

Screenshot_20211129-184054_Trebuchet.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back