The Zishan dsd's corner
Jan 31, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #2,611 of 3,711
Don't have a real multi meter, what kind would I need?

How do I check that?
OK, I checked, everything seems fine up to the point where the main board meets the little potentiometer board, seems I cut a lead on the small potentiometer board, so now I see there are 5 contacts that connect those two boards, need to figure out which is which.....
Any one here know?
This was a lot easier on the z1.....

Jan 31, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #2,612 of 3,711
OK, I checked, everything seems fine up to the point where the main board meets the little potentiometer board, seems I cut a lead on the small potentiometer board, so now I see there are 5 contacts that connect those two boards, need to figure out which is which.....
Any one here know?
This was a lot easier on the z1.....

hope this helps to figure out..

pot wiring-01.jpg

Jan 31, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #2,613 of 3,711
Well thanks guys, I figure it out, the old pot is backwards, and the 5 leads that join the board are a little difficult to figure out, but the issue was that I cut the lead on the pot board and headphone out was getting any juice, turns out that the 1,3,4,5
Leads are the + and the 2nd lead was the negative

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #2,616 of 3,711
I keep getting this crunchy hash sound between tracks on WAV files. The same files and card run fine on my fiio player. any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #2,618 of 3,711

A new zishan dsd with ak4497×2, type-c and PO+2.5Bal+LO+coaxial
Well, that's attractive, but, considering that everyone only spoke of the 4497, and it ended up being the worst of the three, the 4495 was the best, then came the 4490 (good output impedance, volume control is a bit crappy) , then the 4497 had too high impedance for anything other then dynamic drivers, I will wait a wile before I bother with it, as far as I know, it might be worst then the 4490/95 versions, it's probably an upgrade for the 4497 version, if they didn't fix the impedance issue, what's the point? Either way, all of the "amazing" iems are under 80 ohms, most of the heavily marketed "awesome" full-size headphones tend to be in th 32-50 ohm range so they will sound extra boomy and lack dampening, high impedance earbuds are great, if you don't need or want isolation...... It sounds like it could be a great player, let's see what happens

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #2,619 of 3,711
Well, that's attractive, but, considering that everyone only spoke of the 4497, and it ended up being the worst of the three, the 4495 was the best, then came the 4490 (good output impedance, volume control is a bit crappy) , then the 4497 had too high impedance for anything other then dynamic drivers, I will wait a wile before I bother with it, as far as I know, it might be worst then the 4490/95 versions, it's probably an upgrade for the 4497 version, if they didn't fix the impedance issue, what's the point? Either way, all of the "amazing" iems are under 80 ohms, most of the heavily marketed "awesome" full-size headphones tend to be in th 32-50 ohm range so they will sound extra boomy and lack dampening, high impedance earbuds are great, if you don't need or want isolation...... It sounds like it could be a great player, let's see what happens
Seems like the DSDs with ak4499 is coming out soon but with only 4 hours of battery life
IMG_20200219_221606.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #2,620 of 3,711
Seems like the DSDs with ak4499 is coming out soon but with only 4 hours of battery lifeIMG_20200219_221606.jpg
Yeah, sounds pretty cool, but I was foolish before, I read on here that the 4497 was the "bees knees" and even though the Russian sight said the 4495 was best, I got the 4497, then I ordered another one for my wife, but the shady guy sent us the 4490 instead, at first I was upset but my wife kept telling me it was even better, then I decided to buy the 4495 at the same time as the t1 was released, so I waited too see if the t1 was an upgrade, I was disappointed and the 4495 version was taken off of AE, I got lucky and found one used. So I think, best bet is to wait until someone gets one and compares it to the rest, I am glad I didn't get the t1, and now I am worried that the DSDs might not be nearly as good as the first version, seems every version gets worst as the price goes up.

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #2,621 of 3,711
Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on the Zishan dsd, I am just stating the facts, every model gets a bit more expensive then the model it is replacing but the sound quality slowly goes down hill, if zishan makes a dsd with low output z like the ak4490/4495 versions, then I am all in, but for now I will play it safe... It sounds exciting but only if they fixed the issues the last model had.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #2,622 of 3,711
Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on the Zishan dsd, I am just stating the facts, every model gets a bit more expensive then the model it is replacing but the sound quality slowly goes down hill, if zishan makes a dsd with low output z like the ak4490/4495 versions, then I am all in, but for now I will play it safe... It sounds exciting but only if they fixed the issues the last model had.

I wish I had known all this before I bought my 4497 model last July. Mine is unusable with the channel imbalance that I posted about previously. Do we have any kind of warranty on these? I was planning to contact NiceHCK about it as that is where I bought mine but I don't know how to explain it to him so I keep procrastinating. Now with the virus I don't even know if anyone would respond to messages.

This is what I wrote in here several weeks ago.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zishan-dsds-corner.826185/page-173#post-15395993

edited to add.... my plan was to use this with my higher impedance earbuds (one of which is balanced) and with headphones. I have many DAPs that I can use with my IEMs

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #2,623 of 3,711
I wish I had known all this before I bought my 4497 model last July. Mine is unusable with the channel imbalance that I posted about previously. Do we have any kind of warranty on these? I was planning to contact NiceHCK about it as that is where I bought mine but I don't know how to explain it to him so I keep procrastinating. Now with the virus I don't even know if anyone would respond to messages.

This is what I wrote in here several weeks ago.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zishan-dsds-corner.826185/page-173#post-15395993

edited to add.... my plan was to use this with my higher impedance earbuds (one of which is balanced) and with headphones. I have many DAPs that I can use with my IEMs
Well I am not an electrician or engineer but I had a similar problem after I replaced the op amps that are soldered in (opa275 I think) then about 3 days after, it fell and something similar started to happen(one side got much quieter, had some hissing, popping noises when I used a button) I couldn't seen anything wrong with it, but for the hell of it I touched up the solder points on the opamps and 2.5mm - 3.5mm outs. Everything whent back to normal

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #2,624 of 3,711
Hi,
I just got a Zishan DSD 4497 and can't seem to make it work with my 64GB micro SD (It can read my 16GB card fine though). Are there any special requirement for the card to work? I noticed that the 16GB Card is FAT32 while my 64GB is exFAT.
Edit: Even format to FAT32 didn't solve the issues. The card can be read on other devices.
Thank.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #2,625 of 3,711
it doesn't like certain itunes formats

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back