The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Dec 1, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #811 of 1,243
I agree that no eq filter is required; these are well balanced enough that there's little or no point in micro-adjustments.

Tips: EarphonesPlus foam tips are great, more durable and cheaper than Comply, and fit the Pistons. You can find them on amazon.

Interesting. I will have to look into this later. Thanks.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #812 of 1,243
The EarphonesPlus tips don't have the plastic inner so they will come off more easily than tight fitting Comply tips with some IEMs, but I haven't found it a problem when using them with the Pistons.

The material seems to the same dense stuff as Shure foams. I found Comply tips lose their springiness very quickly compared to the Shures and EarphonesPlus.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #813 of 1,243
The EarphonesPlus tips don't have the plastic inner so they will come off more easily than tight fitting Comply tips with some IEMs, but I haven't found it a problem when using them with the Pistons.

The material seems to the same dense stuff as Shure foams. I found Comply tips lose their springiness very quickly compared to the Shures and EarphonesPlus.

I may not have any other foam eartips, but I have to agree. I found that leaving them alone for a while will make them springy again, though.

Also, I might suggest to look into the Monster SuperTips. The silicone core in those composite tips interest me.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #815 of 1,243
Weight for weight they seem to cost about the same as gold or moonrocks.

There's the extensive DIY tips thread. You can make your own tips that may match the capability of Complys and other foam tips for a fraction of the price, using Hearos and similar ear plugs purchased in bulk packs.

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #818 of 1,243
Should I add that to the OP list? Probably not. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #821 of 1,243
Heartbroken. The cable around the jack of my pistons decided to give up on me yesterday while going for a run. No idea what could've happened as I thought I had looked after them quite well. I used to just store them wrapped loosely around my player with plenty of slack given to the jack end but then yesterday out of the blue the right hand channel disappeared. This seems to be a common trend with my earphones so I guess I'm not looking after them as well I had thought 
redface.gif

Weirdly I had just ordered TTPOD-TE1 and AuGlamour phones the day before. Maybe they saw that and got jealous...

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #822 of 1,243
Heartbroken. The cable around the jack of my pistons decided to give up on me yesterday while going for a run. No idea what could've happened as I thought I had looked after them quite well. I used to just store them wrapped loosely around my player with plenty of slack given to the jack end but then yesterday out of the blue the right hand channel disappeared. This seems to be a common trend with my earphones so I guess I'm not looking after them as well I had thought :xf_eek:

Weirdly I had just ordered TTPOD-TE1 and AuGlamour phones the day before. Maybe they saw that and got jealous...
. Yeah that used to be a trend with me too until
I started using altoids tins for storage in my pocket. Haven't had a broken one yet

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #823 of 1,243
My Goodness. After having the Piston for half a year, I can safely say that Piston is the best, fun, drolling, juicy budget IEM in my possession. But I wish the stock tips and isolation could be little better ( I use after market silicone tips for full performance). However, it still isn't as good as my Yammy EPH-100 though 
etysmile.gif
 the mid is bit recessed but not as badly recessed like JVC's. 

Going to spread the love.

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #824 of 1,243
How is the xperia z2 compatibility with piston 2? Some guy was telling, latest update 167 fixed it? Looking to buy z2 for its high res audio features but stuck because of compatibility!
Anybody own a z2? Or know of this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back