The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Nov 11, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #736 of 1,243
Good price for Indians, probably not useful for anyone called jacquelope.

Also on that first page is the following rider:

*NOTE: The Flipkart seller is indeed the official retailer in India (as confirmed by @DJScope); however, we still cannot confirm that these are 100% legit because of some differences between the models sold through Flipkart and those sold practically everywhere else. Still awaiting further confirmation on this.

I am not in India but did spend 18 months there. I would not fall down in a fainting fit if an Indian price two or three times lower than the usual Asian price turned out to be for fakes/used/damaged goods, even from a supposedly official retailer.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #738 of 1,243
@jacquelope - I bought mine from Flipkart and the product that I received is indeed a genuine Pistons 2.1 version (Having extremely good sound quality for the money that I have paid = 800 Indian Rupees). Since Flipkart does not ship their products internationally (as already mentioned by @julian67) Ibuygou seems to be the best option for you, ATM.

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #739 of 1,243

Good price for Indians, probably not useful for anyone called jacquelope.

Also on that first page is the following rider:

I am not in India but did spend 18 months there. I would not fall down in a fainting fit if an Indian price two or three times lower than the usual Asian price turned out to be for fakes/used/damaged goods, even from a supposedly official retailer.

k, thx for the input. Will be ordering from ibuygou then.

They recently had Pistons for around $20, on sale. If you can time wait until Black Friday. Even though not a US company they may have another sale.

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #743 of 1,243
Bought mine from ibuygou, how long did they take to arrive for everyone who bought from there? I'm dying to get my hands on them 

I bought another pair of the plastic ones as a gift; paid for them on October 28 and they were received on November 11. This is to UK. I chose the free shipping and no insurance. The first pair I bought were on special offer, which was same price but express international tracked delivery via DHL and they arrived in just a few days. When I bought the gold and brown metal version I also chose free delivery but with insurance and it took about a couple of weeks. I think between 2 and 3 weeks for cheapest surface mail to Europe is normal. I don't know about North America.

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #744 of 1,243
Bought mine from ibuygou, how long did they take to arrive for everyone who bought from there? I'm dying to get my hands on them 

First order of white paper edition took 12 days. A month later I ordered the black/brown but they were out and asked me to swap for white/silver. That order took 18 days. I'm in the US, Florida.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #745 of 1,243
@thatBeatsguy

Wow, didn't realize there was another thread for the Pistons.  A suggestion if I may, I've got an Android button compatibility list running here http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ibuygou-com-xiaomi-piston-earphones-23-us-shipped-1495771/18/#post19153961 that may be helpful for people curious about whether the volume buttons work on their Android phone.  I know a list like this would have been really helpful when I was first searching for compatibility info before buying them.  You can link to it or just copy/paste the list directly, but I'll only update it there because I'm too lazy to update multiple copies of that list.  I posted it in the original Pistons thread but it got buried pretty quickly by newer posts.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #746 of 1,243
  @thatBeatsguy

Wow, didn't realize there was another thread for the Pistons.  A suggestion if I may, I've got an Android button compatibility list running here http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ibuygou-com-xiaomi-piston-earphones-23-us-shipped-1495771/18/#post19153961 that may be helpful for people curious about whether the volume buttons work on their Android phone.  I know a list like this would have been really helpful when I was first searching for compatibility info before buying them.  You can link to it or just copy/paste the list directly, but I'll only update it there because I'm too lazy to update multiple copies of that list.  I posted it in the original Pistons thread but it got buried pretty quickly by newer posts.

Well, I kinda laid off on the Pistons lately, so I didn't think of adding this. Thanks; will be adding this to the OP. I'm considering making a full-sized chart on the actual OP when I have time; I'd love some help if you're willing to lend me a hand.

Nov 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #747 of 1,243
Just got em! TIL I have small ear canals because the small tips seal perfectly

Do they change much with burn-in? The bass sounds a little muddy for lack of a better word and I'm hoping that goes away over time

Also I'd like to get some foam tips for these, any recommendations?

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #748 of 1,243

Do they change much with burn-in? The bass sounds a little muddy for lack of a better word and I'm hoping that goes away over time

I know what you mean. I think it does improve on burn in. I also use equalizer (Poweramp player on Android) to tweak the bass down.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #749 of 1,243

you can tighten up the bass on them by buying ttpod t1-e's.  haha.  just playing.  they should smooth out a little bit after a bit of burn in, but not a ton.  pistons do have lots of bass but it's not the tightest. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #750 of 1,243
Looking for some cheap earbuds that I can use when I don't want to lug around my (slightly) more expensive Sennheiser over-ear headphones. I need to get it from Newegg because I have gift card money there--are these legit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3ZB1ZP2031&cm_re=xiaomi_pistons-_-9SIA3ZB1ZP2031-_-Product ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back