The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 3, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #362 of 1,243
  I was using my Pistons that I've had for about a month and a half and the right earphone goes out unexpectedly. I try and play with the jack and need to press in in order to get sound... after some fiddling around, getting sound intermittently, it seems to have totally gone out now. This has happened with countless KSC75s that I've been using for jogging the past few years. It sucks that my Pistons developed the same issue this fast... I was really enjoying them, much more so than my 2-year old Turbine Coppers which I'm gonna have to go back to. Is there an easy fix for this, or is my only option to buy another pair...? If I do get another pair, it's at least encouraging to see that there's actually some sort of warranty you can get with them.

A recurring problem usually indicates that you used your IEM in the wrong way. How do you set up your music listening when jogging? And when you said that you need to push down, does it mean that the jack didn't go all the way in to the headphone jack?

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #363 of 1,243
The KSC75 is the only headphone I use for jogging (I use an arm band), and given how cheap they are, each KSC75 still quite last long under this harder type of use. In the month and a half I've owned them, I've treated the Pistons the same as I do any other mid-to-high end IEM in my collection, none of which have given out this quickly (...or as of yet, knock on wood). Trust me, I'm the type of guy who's amazed reading the countless crappy Amazon reviews that say that "x headphone breaks way too easy" or "it broke within the 2 weeks I've had it." Haven't had an experience like that in ages, even with lower end Sony buds.

The problem I'm having is that jack goes in normally, yes, but you need to play with, and push down on the wire (where the rubber protector is) to get sound back in the right channel.

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #364 of 1,243
  The KSC75 is the only headphone I use for jogging (I use an arm band), and given how cheap they are, each KSC75 still quite last long under this harder type of use. In the month and a half I've owned them, I've treated the Pistons the same as I do any other mid-to-high end IEM in my collection, none of which have given out this quickly (...or as of yet, knock on wood). Trust me, I'm the type of guy who's amazed reading the countless crappy Amazon reviews that say that "x headphone breaks way too easy" or "it broke within the 2 weeks I've had it." Haven't had an experience like that in ages, even with lower end Sony buds.

The problem I'm having is that jack goes in normally, yes, but you need to play with, and push down on the wire (where the rubber protector is) to get sound back in the right channel.

Hmm, i guess we can safely say that it is a defect. Where did you buy it from, try to contact the seller for replacement.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #366 of 1,243
Seems so. I bought mine from bigbargainonline on ebay. ...I hope this is still a good place to order them, I read so on the first thread a long time ago. I'll see what I can do to get them replaced, as they say they have a one-year warranty. I really liked how these sounded, with a nice an energetic presentation, and at ~$30? Waiting for a replacement is gonna suck, and my old faithful Copppers are gonna have to tide me over until then...

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #367 of 1,243
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281407649144

Hey guys found this seller. Msg him and he says they are 100% authentic..

"Hi Buyer
yes 100% we order them from the factory in china. they come in their box"

Only reason why im considering this is because i can get them in 2 days.. Also because he has the silver/black version. penon only has silver/white. I think gold is too flashy.

paypal would protect me from anything shady but is it worth taking the risk.

this is the pic of the box he says.
http://i.imgur.com/lg3QQ95.jpg

thanks for the help.

aaron

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #369 of 1,243
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281407649144

Hey guys found this seller. Msg him and he says they are 100% authentic..

[COLOR=231F20]"Hi Buyer[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]
[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]yes 100% we order them from the factory in china. they come in their box"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=231F20]Only reason why im considering this is because i can get them in 2 days.. Also because he has the silver/black version. penon only has silver/white. I think gold is too flashy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=231F20]paypal would protect me from anything shady but is it worth taking the risk.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=231F20]this is the pic of the box he says.[/COLOR]
http://i.imgur.com/lg3QQ95.jpg

thanks for the help.

aaron

Silver-Black worries me. But the box does look real. And the seller has got 99.3%...Still your risk. If you can, just go for it and confirm how do these things sound etc. If you can only buy one pair...You are better off somewhere else. The golden pistons look good enough as many people have stated earlier.
Edit- I also noticed the cord on the silver ones look likes it's a fabric all the way upto the earphone. If you look at the pic of the opened box you would notice the icons instead of S,M and L. Would not recommend also the silvers are the 2.1 edition and those must come with a shirt clip whereas these do not have one.Don't bother, you are better off somewhere else with a gold/silver color rather than this one.

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #370 of 1,243
Silver-Black worries me. But the box does look real. And the seller has got 99.3%...Still your risk. If you can, just go for it and confirm how do these things sound etc. If you can only buy one pair...You are better off somewhere else. The golden pistons look good enough as many people have stated earlier.
Edit- I also noticed the cord on the silver ones look likes it's a fabric all the way upto the earphone. If you look at the pic of the opened box you would notice the icons instead of S,M and L. Would not recommend also the silvers are the 2.1 edition and those must come with a shirt clip whereas these do not have one.Don't bother, you are better off somewhere else with a gold/silver color rather than this one.

The pictures do not depict a 2.0 or any of its variants. This is a 1.0 pair.
As far as I know there are no legit sellers still selling these. Also, they sound lightyears behind the Pistons 2, so don't bother buying one of these.
TL;DR: Avoid at all costs.

@zzaaron: You should get the silver/white Pistons from Penonaudio, since they are the 2.1s. And they should be 100% legit.
@HawkEye0701: Please take the seller ratings with a huge grain of salt (or just a bag of it). If online shopping has told me anything, it's that these ratings are not to be trusted. Trust me on this one.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #371 of 1,243
thatBeatsguy said:
  Please take the seller ratings with a huge grain of salt (or just a bag of it). If online shopping has told me anything, it's that these ratings are not to be trusted. Trust me on this one.

Gotta agree, as for the "Trust me on this one" if you read the Edit that should have told you that I won't prefer these at all, anyways just to clear things. Also if you did not read this already, read the first comment on this page.
HawkEye0701 said:
  Interesting news coming in. I just contacted Xiaomi and they say that the Flipkart version is legit. I asked if there were sound differences and they say no.
But I still will buy the ones from eBay.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #372 of 1,243

Worth seeing in my opinion. BTW if you don't know what crap this photo is then I would like to tell you that this is a Xiaomi Phone. In the sound configuration menu you can see these 4. Mi Pistons and Xiaomi in-ear headphones? Hmm...

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #373 of 1,243

Worth seeing in my opinion. BTW if you don't know what crap this photo is then I would like to tell you that this is a Xiaomi Phone. In the sound configuration menu you can see these 4. Mi Pistons and Xiaomi in-ear headphones? Hmm...

That's their cheapo MI IEMs. They seem to be discontinued now, but I did see them in their Xiaomi store page a long time ago. 
Also, just a suggestion: if you're going to express skepticism, at least do it without sounding like you're trying to insult me. Because clearly what you just wrote sound like you're doing exactly that.

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #374 of 1,243
That's their cheapo MI IEMs. They seem to be discontinued now, but I did see them in their Xiaomi store page a long time ago. 
Also, just a suggestion: if you're going to express skepticism, at least do it without sounding like you're trying to insult me. Because clearly what you just wrote sound like you're doing exactly that.

I don't know how did you feel that was directed towards you but...Well it was directed towards many of those American/British fellas who might not even know that MI phones do exist until they've visited their website or something. Oh and if I post anything, you do not need to feel that it is being directed towards you for being the thread starter.

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #375 of 1,243
I don't know how did you feel that was directed towards you but...Well it was directed towards many of those American/British fellas who might not even know that MI phones do exist until they've visited their website or something. Oh and if I post anything, you do not need to feel that it is being directed towards you for being the thread starter.

Well, even then, it did sound rather insulting. So whether you're directing it at me or anyone else, please refrain from doing so. It is still provoking nonetheless. Just a heads-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back