The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Sep 30, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #181 of 1,243
Hey guys! I stumbled across this thread recently and though I'd link my recent Pistion 2.1 review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/xiaomi-pistons-2-0-mk301/reviews/11655
I hope you guys enjoy it. 
smile.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #182 of 1,243
Oct 1, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #183 of 1,243
would anyone say that aliexpress is a bad source for cheap chinese iems?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Gold-XIAOMI-2nd-Piston-Earphone-2-II-Headphone-Headset-Earbud-with-Remote-Mic-For/1917059095.html

i keep seeing peolpe say the pistons 2's costed them $25 but here, it's for $5

EDIT: sure, shipping will take a while but that's another story.

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #184 of 1,243
  Hey! I remember reading your Steelseries Flux review (again, congrats on making the front page on that one). Again, you've blown me away by your reviews. Again, great job. I really hope to see more of your reviews in the near future.

beerchug.gif

Ahhhh! It's so great to hear you liked it.
biggrin.gif
 Believe it or not I'm gonna have another review up this week. Can't wait to post that one. Thanks! 

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #185 of 1,243

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Gold-XIAOMI-2nd-Piston-Earphone-2-II-Headphone-Headset-Earbud-with-Remote-Mic-For/1917059095.html

I wouldn't trust it. Just go with the confirmed legit sellers list in the OP. It should cost ~$20-30, but if you want to buy the $5 one on Aliexpress, buy at your own risk.

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #186 of 1,243

Five dollars. The retail price for the Pistons in China is $15.
Clearly that's a fake.
I recall other sellers on Aliexpress are legit, but I don't know which ones.

Ahhhh! It's so great to hear you liked it.
biggrin.gif
 Believe it or not I'm gonna have another review up this week. Can't wait to post that one. Thanks! 

New review? I'm gonna be waiting on ya for that one!
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #187 of 1,243
  Five dollars. The retail price for the Pistons in China is $15.
Clearly that's a fake.
I recall other sellers on Aliexpress are legit, but I don't know which ones.

I didn't think so at first reason being:
- who would make fakes of such an already cheap item?
- they come from china in the first place

but i guess you're right haha. $5 is ridiculously low. i was already advise to stay away from there for replacement cables but i've also heard good things about cheap replacement cables - which they have many of.

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #188 of 1,243
Having plenty headphones is ok, coz each has different sound signature that caters to different moods. This is why the pistons are awesome for the price, great v-shape to let you afford another phone with balanced sound

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #189 of 1,243
  I didn't think so at first reason being:
- who would make fakes of such an already cheap item?
- they come from china in the first place

but i guess you're right haha. $5 is ridiculously low. i was already advise to stay away from there for replacement cables but i've also heard good things about cheap replacement cables - which they have many of.

Well, turns out the fake is everywhere lol
and $5 is definitely a fake, especially if it's the metal one since the cheapest you can get it is through xiaomi store, which is priced about $15

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #190 of 1,243
Finally I am a proud owner of Xiaomi Piston 2.0 Gold Chocolate

Is this earphone an Audiophile earphone coz I need some points to brag about it.?

I am satisfied with the sound , I have listened to sennheiser cx475 inear before and Stock Samsung GS2. I was a little disappointed with the bass first and thought if Audiophiles listen to this low bass. But then I adjusted to medium eartips and let some time to play (burn in)  and the bass was good. They have not disappointed so far. Not into classical but I listened to Older Dr Chesky Soundtracks 932kbps FLAC on my not so loseless Galaxy Tab 2 and was able to experience what he said at some level.

Durability?
I bought this to use it longer When I move around in public transportation. So braided cable and meta and Kevlar all sound so durable.One Gripe is the Case they provide. It bends the earphone cable near the earphone plug,controls ( see the case pictures)  so nastily and then tightly wrap around .  Almost every piston has a bent cable near the plug due to the case. And that has made me worry , because it is where the weakest of all earphone lie . In no time it could cause a short.

I need have confidence in the durability guys?? Need your suggestion on handling and usage!!

PS: I bought piston 2 from Flipkart India.

Enjoy Your Pistons

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #191 of 1,243

Is this earphone an Audiophile earphone coz I need some points to brag about it.?

I am satisfied with the sound , I have listened to sennheiser cx475 inear before and Stock Samsung GS2. I was a little disappointed with the bass first and thought if Audiophiles listen to this low bass. But then I adjusted to medium eartips and let some time to play (burn in)  and the bass was good. They have not disappointed so far. Not into classical but I listened to Older Dr Chesky Soundtracks 932kbps FLAC on my not so loseless Galaxy Tab 2 and was able to experience what he said at some level.

Durability?
I bought this to use it longer When I move around in public transportation. So braided cable and meta and Kevlar all sound so durable.One Gripe is the Case they provide. It bends the earphone cable near the earphone plug,controls ( see the case pictures)  so nastily and then tightly wrap around .  Almost every piston has a bent cable near the plug due to the case. And that has made me worry , because it is where the weakest of all earphone lie . In no time it could cause a short.

I need have confidence in the durability guys?? Need your suggestion on handling and usage!!

Enjoy Your Pistons

The Pistons' bent cable actually isn't because of how tightly they're placed in (they're actually rather loose in there), but because of time. They are just placed in boxes for an indefinite amount of time, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. They should be durable enough to be worth it.

You bought your pair from Flipkart? Can you provide pictures (specifically of the right housing stem)? TIA

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #192 of 1,243

Durability?

Enjoy Your Pistons

This thing is durable based on some testimonials, but i highly suggest to treat everything with care and stay away from the provided case since it bends the IEM. I always coil my cable with over/under technique and put it in a pouch.

Regarding sound, well this thing sounds good, but the term 'audiophile earphone' is blurry IMHO lol. You can always has something better whether in the same price range or in the hundreds of dollars difference. Best thing to do is to match your taste of music and sound signature to the hardware, also try to audition some of the expensive stuff on the store (careful here, it might ambush your wallet!), if you're happy with what you have that's all there is to it 
smile_phones.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #193 of 1,243
Sir I don't wanna really say this but..... Believe it or not the ones from flipkart are the so called Indian edition which is different from the original Chinese version and there is a sound difference. I have a video link in my post on page ten or eleven maybe in but check it out. That is the reason for low bass at least its what the people say. Watch the Chinese vs Indian version comparison at the last part of the video . Oh and as TBG said please provide some pictures of the right earphone and the box if you still have it.

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #194 of 1,243
Sir I don't wanna really say this but..... Believe it or not the ones from flipkart are the so called Indian edition which is different from the original Chinese version and there is a sound difference. I have a video link in my post on page ten or eleven maybe in but check it out. That is the reason for low bass at least its what the people say. Watch the Chinese vs Indian version comparison at the last part of the video.

Yes, I know about the Indian vs. Chinese versions. I already watched the video you linked to. The sound difference baffles me as Xiaomi's manufacturing processes are pretty tight, and it's strange to see a version pop up only in India while the rest of the world gets the regular Chinese version. I'm still thinking it's a fake, but cannot comment on that any further. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #195 of 1,243
http://1drv.ms/ZqKO3t

here is some pics!!  Right Earbud has a circular bump and R sign  is not printed rather it is bumped up.

See the description of the importer in on of the pics .. Barcode and 1moredesign logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back