The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Jun 14, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #1,234 of 1,799
Absolutely.. The big drivers of the WS99 take to amping like a champ and asks some more. E11 bass boost is crazy sounding on the WS99. No distortion with full on mids and highs. It is music in your face. I recommend a good burn in for around a 100 hours.

I use several amp dacs and my favorite combo is using my Meridian Explorer connected to my Audinst MX2. Freaking amazing sounding..

Once the new WS55X is out I am gonna consider a purchase on them. Somehow I have a feeling those will be bassier for some reason.

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #1,237 of 1,799
Quote:
Yup, they are twice as good. Need burnin as usual and I have been burnin them nonstop.

popcorn.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #1,238 of 1,799
Quote:
Yup, they are twice as good. Need burnin as usual and I have been burnin them nonstop.

Somehow I have a feeling you may have a specific signature preference that maybe fits the JVCs much better. Me again I have a feeling possibly WS99 fits my preferred sound signature better as it seems to have that "in-your-face" sound I crave with forward mids. Of course the JVCs bass response sounds appealing but so far mids & highs sound more appealing to me on WS99 based on user feedback but it's too early to tell. Will wait for more SZ2000 feedback. :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #1,240 of 1,799
ws99 build quality was lacking the ear pads hurt your ears, the headband adjustment was very mediocre and you can easily bend the metal, the ws99's sound was bright and forward to me a lot of clarity with the Bass still holding its own and once amped they can seriously rattle your ear drums, not as good as what the hype where for these. Im waiting on a new portable bass headphone from audio technika not interested in the ws55x seems they are well below the ws99's standards with only a 750mw power handling. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,241 of 1,799
Quote:
Absolutely.. The big drivers of the WS99 take to amping like a champ and asks some more. E11 bass boost is crazy sounding on the WS99. No distortion with full on mids and highs. It is music in your face. I recommend a good burn in for around a 100 hours.

I use several amp dacs and my favorite combo is using my Meridian Explorer connected to my Audinst MX2. Freaking amazing sounding..

Once the new WS55X is out I am gonna consider a purchase on them. Somehow I have a feeling those will be bassier for some reason.

Is a DAC necessary? I'd be a Galaxy Note 2 as my source, and I'm positive it has a dac built in to it. Also I'll be using the headphones with an optical audio cable (fiber optic cable) for my tv. Do you know if optical cables output digital or analog signals???... because if they output digital signals then I will definitely need to buy a DAC to convert the signals.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,243 of 1,799
ws99 build quality was lacking the ear pads hurt your ears, the headband adjustment was very mediocre and you can easily bend the metal, the ws99's sound was bright and forward to me a lot of clarity with the Bass still holding its own and once amped they can seriously rattle your ear drums, not as good as what the hype where for these. Im waiting on a new portable bass headphone from audio technika not interested in the ws55x seems they are well below the ws99's standards with only a 750mw power handling. 

I totally disagree with the sound being bright, its actually pretty dark. The adjuster is also great if you ask me. Is very smooth, and the build is very good.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,244 of 1,799
+1

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #1,245 of 1,799
I thought the ear pads were terrible at first, too, but after a few days of wearing them, I started to find them quite comfortable. I'd have to disagree with everything else, though. What gives you the impression that the metal is easy to bend? I just briefly stretched mine out just now and think that you'd have to seriously put effort into deforming them, in which case, maybe you should look into different storage habits if you're concerned about the band deforming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back