The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
May 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #1,186 of 1,799
My new JVC sz2000 should be here by wednesday tenso just recieved them and now getting ready for shipment none of my other headphones will compare to these ws99.pro 900, xb1000 the new Jvc's will blow them away.

May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #1,187 of 1,799
Quote:
I doubt any headphones could do everything great, even costing 1K$.. They are great on trance, house, techno too. My girlfriend tested them (the Uptowns are her headphones) and she was like wooooohaaaaaa, she's more of a basshead than me and she didn't want to give them back 

You mean she tested the WS99's against her Uptowns? Yeah, you won't be getting your 99's back LOL!

May 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #1,188 of 1,799
Quote:

You mean she tested the WS99's against her Uptowns? Yeah, you won't be getting your 99's back LOL!

Uptowns aren't bad for their price but not in the same league as the WS99 at all. It's like comparing a Fiat and a Ferrari. Well...almost. Trouble is when you got your Ferrari you want a Pagani and it goes on and on. When I look at the list of headphones some of you have it's crazy lol

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #1,190 of 1,799
I've burned in my pair for a day, and at this point the soundstage is simply breath taking! And it sounds really nice on piano & jazz, which make me really surprised since it's a bass headphone.
Man, try this track! Piano with rain background, which is AMAZING! If I close my eyes and listen it feel like actually standing under the rainfall!
And the center piano!!! You got to hear it on the ws99!

http://youtu.be/s1-rkMRp-qA

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #1,192 of 1,799
How are these for EDM music? (Armin Van Buuren, Dash Berlin, Tritonal, ect)

My source is my PC running a Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card as well as the PA2V2 Amp, but might upgrade to a Schiit Asgard/Valhalla soon.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,193 of 1,799
Look what came in the mail today...I recabled it with this DIY 8 conductor hybrid cable, ofc copper/spc copper..this is the headphone I've been looking for, there is good bass quantity and impact, but I also like that most of the bass is in the lower registers, it is clean and tight.  It has good soundstage for a closed can.  The mids are pretty liquid especially the lower mid, and there is a smoothness I didn't expect with a "basshead can." Mids are also a bit more forward that what I'm used to. Treble detail and extension is good, it's a dark treble so not too bright.  I actually like bass heavy cans with rock and metal it gives the music that extra punch, as long as it's not bleeding into the rest of the spectrum.  I'll have to admit I'm surprised and impressed by the amount of balance these things have, and these are my inital impressions after the recable.  I got these with a set of HM5 pads, they are very comfortable definately an improvement over the stock pads.  

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,194 of 1,799
Quote:
How are these for EDM music? (Armin Van Buuren, Dash Berlin, Tritonal, ect)

One word: awesome and addictive. Sorry, two or three words :)

Quote:
My source is my PC running a Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card as well as the PA2V2 Amp, but might upgrade to a Schiit Asgard/Valhalla soon.

I'm not familiar, but as long as your source and/or amp aren't too dark, you're good to go.

Quote:
Look what came in the mail today...I recabled it with this DIY 8 conductor hybrid cable, ofc copper/spc copper..this is the headphone I've been looking for, there is good bass quantity and impact, but I also like that most of the bass is in the lower registers, it is clean and tight.  It has good soundstage for a closed can.  The mids are pretty liquid especially the lower mid, and there is a smoothness I didn't expect with a "basshead can." Mids are also a bit more forward that what I'm used to. Treble detail and extension is good, it's a dark treble so not too bright.  I actually like bass heavy cans with rock and metal it gives the music that extra punch, as long as it's not bleeding into the rest of the spectrum.  I'll have to admit I'm surprised and impressed by the amount of balance these things have, and these are my inital impressions after the recable.  I got these with a set of HM5 pads, they are very comfortable definately an improvement over the stock pads.  

Awesome initial impressions! Glad your'e loving them.
beerchug.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #1,197 of 1,799
depth-3/4", diameter 3 1/4".

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #1,198 of 1,799
Would anyone mind going to Youtube to listening to "This Is What It Feels Like - W&W Remix" and tell me how the bass sounds in the big drop towards the middle of the song. You can't miss it.

If possible, would you mind comparing it with the V-Moda M100 bass as well? Please? :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #1,199 of 1,799
I think Im going to put the stock cable back on, the 8 conductor cable increased bass and mid bass too much, I wonder if this is due to 8 cables or if is the spc with the copper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back