The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Dec 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,621 of 1,799
For anyone interested in a headphone case for their WS-99s I ordered this one on Ebay
and it just fits. It's a plastic shell zipper case with material covering the plastic shell..Elastic
retaining strap inside for headphones and a mesh pocket for wires or whatever. $11.98 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221243481260&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Here's a pic with the WS-99s inside...I tried to insert the photo here but this site says I don't have permission...I guess
because I'm new here? 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/davei42261/HeadphoneCase_zpsa4fc3e5f.jpg

Happy with the purchase and price.

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,622 of 1,799
For anyone interested in a headphone case for their WS-99s I ordered this one on Ebay
and it just fits. It's a plastic shell zipper case with material covering the plastic shell..Elastic
retaining strap inside for headphones and a mesh pocket for wires or whatever. $11.98 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221243481260&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Here's a pic with the WS-99s inside...I tried to insert the photo here but this site says I don't have permission...I guess
because I'm new here? 

Thanks a lot mate been looking for the case for my WS99 for a while.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #1,624 of 1,799

because I'm new here? 

Awesome find! I'm using my Koss TBSE case for the WS99's, and the case that you found is quite similar. Good stuff.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #1,625 of 1,799
Hey guys, I picked up my pair of 99's a few weeks ago, and I love them! Coming from the Pro 900's, I really appreciate the forward mids and non-sibilant highs of the 99's.

What I don't understand is how these headphones and this thread didn't pick up more steam. To me, the sound, price, form factor, and aesthetics are all positives about these headphones, and yet they're rarely talked about except by the same handful of people in this thread. I guess they'll just go down as hidden gems.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,626 of 1,799
Hey guys, I picked up my pair of 99's a few weeks ago, and I love them! Coming from the Pro 900's, I really appreciate the forward mids and non-sibilant highs of the 99's.

What I don't understand is how these headphones and this thread didn't pick up more steam. To me, the sound, price, form factor, and aesthetics are all positives about these headphones, and yet they're rarely talked about except by the same handful of people in this thread. I guess they'll just go down as hidden gems.

The torch is now in your hands bdub77!  Congrats on the 99's though - they are great. They are still in my rotation, and whenever I throw them on, I love 'em!

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #1,627 of 1,799
LOL. I'm definitely not one to be carrying the torch - more of a lurker than anything. I just don't see how this thread gets minimal attention when threads like the Pro 900 and many other are in the multi-hundreds of pages. These things are fantastic for the cost (in my opinion).

I've had a decent selection of mid-fi phones (K550, M50, Pro 900) and they all performed as expected, but these were the first ones to genuinely surprise me out of the box. I wasn't dissatisfied with my Pro 900's at all, but after a couple weeks the WS99's made them totally expendable.Again, this is only to my ears and I understand why some people wouldn't like them, but for someone like me, they are exactly the sound I'm looking for without breaking the bank.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #1,628 of 1,799
  Would like to know how they work. If you don't change the sound quality, I might pick some them up.

OK...To keep our WS-99 thread alive...
I received my HM-5 pads today...
I wish to give props and thanks to the original poster (Somewhere in the 109 pages)...
The HM-5 pads fit amazingly well...I can even fit my WS-99s in my case still...
It did change the sound somewhat. To me  the sound is more open. Still plenty of bass,
I seem to hear the highs even more. I'm assuming this has to do with the fact that the
HM-5 pads are thicker. There's one thing for certain. There's no comparison in comfort
between the stock pads and these HM-5 pads. You could easily listen all day with
the HM-5 pads where the stock WS-99 pads start becoming annoying at about the 2 hour
point. I'm really quite surprised at how well these pads fit the Ws-99s. I'll probably order another pair
to have for the distant future replacement...Can't see myself wanting to go back to the stock pads.

EDIT: I did just order another pair
darthsmile.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #1,631 of 1,799
  And there was much sadness.

My WS99s just fell apart today. No roughness, nothing to cause damage, I just adujsted them on my head and the ear cup came off in my hand.

It looks like the whole thing is kept together with a single small screw and I might be able to put it all together again, but I think I'll have to figure out how to separate the earpiece from the swivel since the earcups only tilt 20 degrees or so and don't fully swivel like DJ cans.

Not really happy that a headphone of this price point would just fall apart.

Same thing happened to mine, you just have to remove the earpad and than remove the four screws in order to disassemble the side that's loose. After you do that you'll be able put back that piece which connects the earpad to the frame of the headphone. I'm not sure if the screw fell but if you still have it, you'll be able to put it back only if you disassemble it.

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #1,635 of 1,799
  That almost happened to me as well.

Good luck!

ha I was just going to message you again to watch that thing after seeing the quoted pictures on the next page. See you are already on it.

If anyone does this I would NOT recommend using Loctite to keep it secure, since in the Fostex T50RP mods it has been found that Loctite made the plastic disintegrate somewhat and become fragile, if not fall apart. Not worth risking it since we have no idea if the plastic is the same chemical composition ( yeah even if it looks to be,plastic is not all the same )

Perhaps a bit of Crazy glue and get it back in there fast???. Or something like a small black decal over top of the screwhead when it's back in?

Anyhow keep an eye on those screws!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back