The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Jan 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #1,636 of 1,799
After spending a few months away from the WS99s, I'm finally going back.  I had given them to my bro to try out on his trip and he ended up breaking them.  So I haven't really looked to replacing them as I have had a few alternatives (M100 still and picked up the new DNA Pro and the Beats Studio 2013)...but ultimately, I'm not happy and thus, I re-ordered a pair of WS99s.  LOL...So I'm back in business on Wednesday.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #1,637 of 1,799
How would you say the WS-99s compare to the V-Moda M-100s?  Which ones sound better?  I can't decide which ones to get.  I currently have the ATH-M50s and I listen to rap and rock and I want more bass and mids.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #1,638 of 1,799
If mids are important, the WS99s are better.  They are slightly recessed on the M100s.  I like both headphones for different reasons.  I listen to the WS99s at home because they are a bit more accurate across the whole spectrum and the M100s when I go out...as they are a bit more fun and seem to work better when you're out and about.  Plus they are built better and they are quite a bit smaller when folded up.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #1,640 of 1,799
For anyone interested in a headphone case for their WS-99s I ordered this one on Ebay
and it just fits. It's a plastic shell zipper case with material covering the plastic shell..Elastic
retaining strap inside for headphones and a mesh pocket for wires or whatever. $11.98 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221243481260&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Here's a pic with the WS-99s inside...I tried to insert the photo here but this site says I don't have permission...I guess
because I'm new here? 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/davei42261/HeadphoneCase_zpsa4fc3e5f.jpg

Happy with the purchase and price.

Thanks for the tip. I was trying to get a case sent from Koss hoping that it would fit these. Went ahead and ordered this one, it fits great and didn't break the bank.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #1,641 of 1,799
For anyone interested in a headphone case for their WS-99s I ordered this one on Ebay
and it just fits. It's a plastic shell zipper case with material covering the plastic shell..Elastic
retaining strap inside for headphones and a mesh pocket for wires or whatever. $11.98 delivered.

Thanks for the tip. I have been looking for a case for these ever since I got em. Ran through all the options on amazon but didn't want to fork out the money for what they were wanting. I went ahead and ordered this one, fits nice and didn't break the bank. Cheers!

Sorry for the double post, I didn't know that first one went though and I don't see how I can delete one of them

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #1,642 of 1,799
I got that case on Monday, and it is a pretty good case for $12. I am shocked by how smooth the zipper is. For something this cheap, I was expecting a zipper that was more choppy. But it is probably the smoothest one I have zipped. Sorry, still shocked, lol.

On a side note, the ws-99s sound amazing on the zero DAC. The synergy between the two is amazing.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #1,643 of 1,799
Haha it's an easy choice.
The ws99 by far my best can out of all my can history.
Not sure why they calling it a bass can,
As to me it just sounds strong and large with major realism, as the bass is not blooming or fat like an m100 Or any traditional bass can for that matter.
Edit: woops spoke too soon!
the bass was song dependant as I just got an ear full with another song lol.
Edit: my second choice is an surprising admission.
The Sony 1r as it is so smooth.
The es700 is slightly over aggressive in the mids & bass for me.
These ws99 are just doing everything right for me

Why are you selling yours if they're so great?  Just wondering.  I'm thinking about getting a pair.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #1,645 of 1,799
I've got mine FS in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Just didn't find them to pair well with my Galaxy S3. Lenovo laptop directly and Yulong D100 however and they sound fantastic, both those sources are on the bright side of things and have enough power to drive them properly.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/709476

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #1,646 of 1,799
  I've got mine FS in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Just didn't find them to pair well with my Galaxy S3. Lenovo laptop directly and Yulong D100 however and they sound fantastic, both those sources are on the bright side of things and have enough power to drive them properly.

If you are willing to spend the money, get the C&C BH amp. That little amp alone with the WS-99 is a match made in Heaven. 

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #1,647 of 1,799
+1 on the BH amp for the ws99's! The amp also works very well with many other closed headphones, and with many iems.

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #1,648 of 1,799
Thanks for the tip, not looking to lug around an extra piece however. Just straight from the cell phone. I did the E18 stacked to the Galaxy 3 for a bit, definitely step up in SQ but the brick, the straps, the extra cable.... not as neat as sticking the phone and cord in the pocket. If I'm stationary I could use my laptop directly to a closed can but I don't find myself with my laptop all the time.. at home it's open-backs to Dac/Amps FTW.

Quote:
  If you are willing to spend the money, get the C&C BH amp. That little amp alone with the WS-99 is a match made in Heaven. 

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #1,649 of 1,799
What amp would you recommend for the WS99?

The clarity is great with my Kindle HDX, but they seem to lack energy. This is compared to my old MG7's. To test, I also tried the ws99's with and iPod 4g and was amazed at how much richer they sound across the whole spectrum. Perhaps not as clean as with the HDX, but miles ahead in bass impact and fullness. They sound anaemic in comparison to my HDX.

I figure an amp could sort this out as I want to use my HDX as my primary source. Which amp pairs best with these headphones?

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #1,650 of 1,799
What amp would you recommend for the WS99?

The clarity is great with my Kindle HDX, but they seem to lack energy. This is compared to my old MG7's. To test, I also tried the ws99's with and iPod 4g and was amazed at how much richer they sound across the whole spectrum. Perhaps not as clean as with the HDX, but miles ahead in bass impact and fullness. They sound anaemic in comparison to my HDX.

I figure an amp could sort this out as I want to use my HDX as my primary source. Which amp pairs best with these headphones?

C&C BH. I can not speak for any other portable amp, but this and the WS-99 is a match made in Heaven. 
http://www.amazon.com/BH2-Portable-Headphone-battery-Version/dp/B00A2QJSBO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back