The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Mar 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #6,062 of 7,980
Quote:

Great to hear!  What 1/8" to 1/4" adapter are you using for this?  I have a Hosa adapter, but wondering if there are any nicer ones?

I am just using one of these. I don't think there are any particular good 1/4" to 1/8" adapters as such but a good spring internally helps to grip the 1/8" plug better, I have been told.

I have been listening to my pair of 8A a lot lately on the V800/V200 stack and I am really enjoying this pair of customs with small ensembles and audiophile vocals. There is such a soothing and relaxing nature to the 8A with these types of recordings. For me it is very enjoyable listening experience............. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #6,065 of 7,980
I use one of these: http://store.sony.com/p/PC-234S/en/p/PC234S - spring loaded and very, very low profie, sticking out as little as possible from my DX100: 

(That's the Sony 234 on the left)

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #6,066 of 7,980
Quote:

I am just using one of these. I don't think there are any particular good 1/4" to 1/8" adapters as such but a good spring internally helps to grip the 1/8" plug better, I have been told.

I have been listening to my pair of 8A a lot lately on the V800/V200 stack and I am really enjoying this pair of customs with small ensembles and audiophile vocals. There is such a soothing and relaxing nature to the 8A with these types of recordings. For me it is very enjoyable listening experience............. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Violectric stack.  I still need to add the V800, using the V200's builtin DAC for now.  I like having two 1/4" jacks on the front of the V200, but then I'm also paranoid about leaving the volume knob at 12 to 1 or 2 o'clock from a session with the HD800 and plugging in the CIEMs right after 
size]

I also wonder if anyone has had any experience with $149 CablePro extension cables, to add another 5 feet of "audiophile-grade" copper cable to your CIEM cable trail.  Yes, it's expensive so I'm wondering if it's, at all, a justifiable add-on?

http://www.thecablepro.com/cablepro-freedom-up-occ-headphone-extension-cable.html

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #6,067 of 7,980
Quote:
I use one of these: http://store.sony.com/p/PC-234S/en/p/PC234S - spring loaded and very, very low profie, sticking out as little as possible from my DX100: 

Thanks Soren.  So you don't plug your CIEMs in the 1/8" mini jack?  Is there a reason why you prefer plugging into the larger jack (with the Sony adapter), audio-wise?

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #6,068 of 7,980
Quote:

Thanks Soren.  So you don't plug your CIEMs in the 1/8" mini jack?  Is there a reason why you prefer plugging into the larger jack (with the Sony adapter), audio-wise?

I'll answer for him as I already asked. To avoid damaging the phone jack when removing it and putting it back to avoid the pop.

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #6,070 of 7,980
Quote:

Where did you buy it? I'm trying to find one but no luck. Sony US does not deliver outside US. Sony Romania does not have it ....

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #6,072 of 7,980
Quote:
Tons of people have great experiences with UM, especially the US branch. I was screwed over royally and repeatedly lied to by (now kaput) UK branch AmpCity. 

Edit: Haven't really seen anyone being pissed at Heir yet and that is a pretty impressive feat on Head-Fi I think. 

No negative post doesn't mean there's no pissed off customers. HA does offer great products and I do really like the 8.A but there's resolutions offered that left much to be desired.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #6,075 of 7,980
Quote:
Such as? Asking out of curiosity!

Quote:

No negative post doesn't mean there's no pissed off customers. HA does offer great products and I do really like the 8.A but there's resolutions offered that left much to be desired.

That isn't entirely true though, if you read my comments earlier on in the thread to answer you both. But I am looking forward to the resolution and how they will turn out upon completion. I'll update my impressions when that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back