The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,472 of 7,980
Quote:

In the past, I have seen others in this industry offer "mail out demos" and I do believe deposits were taken etc for this type of service.  At this point in time, I am not sure if it is still in practice today. I can predict that there would be issues in shipping costs that would make this practice rather impractical, or costly I should say.

WIzard

Yeah, that does sound a bit impractical. Also, I am quite excited about the north american branch because now I don't have to worry about shipping to China, it'll surely decrease shipping costs and worries of it being lost.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,473 of 7,980
I agree with everyone... the universal line is a great idea and having a US office to order from will be awesome  
beerchug.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #1,474 of 7,980
Quote:
I was thinking of trying the 3.A, then I decided to hit up the 4.A... then after hearing about the 6.A LE... that's where I went.  Do to a Paypal mixup... I ended up going back to the the 4.A and using the extra funds to get my WM-Z... I'm now VERY Happy with them.  They are quite clean and provide good bass when asked, don't have bloated bass (like my Klipsch S4 can), they don't have recessed mids (like my TF10), and aren't shrill like my Grados were... they play down the middle, but still sound wonderful.  Best thing, you can order any of them, and then re-sell if you don't like, and whomever purchased them, can get them re-shelled for $70.  Win win...

Quote:
I started looking at the 3.A but thought that for only a little more, I could get the 4.A. But then, for only a little more...

I'm now really enjoying my 8.A. They're great for blocking out the sound of my credit card crying in the corner.

Way & Sorenslim... both of you have convinced me enough to invest in either the 4.Ai or the 6.A customs... Way knows from the WM-Z thread the trouble I am having trying to find something to match the fantastic SQ & soundstage of this particular DAP... I also follow Sorenslim's post in the DX100 thread and know how blown away he is with the 8.A's and both of you have said about the unrivaled customer-service you received.

The Wizard has been very understanding with my request as I have a complication and that raises questions to whether 'customs' would be appropriate for me... this man has been considerate & understanding with not only my questions but my needs and has been a utter gent to deal with... there has been no hard sell, he even informed me of the 4.Ai IEM before it was mentioned on these boards and that to me as a partially disabled person is worth 'million bucks' ( I lie of course but you get my drift).

Which ever I choose will be a major investment for me and one that I will get enormous pride in owning... I thank-you all.

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #1,475 of 7,980
wow , the 4.Ai look really awesome , i'm so happy that i have a friend in china , i think i will get a pair as soon as they release it :X and i will write an impression about 4.ai vs fitear 334

@heir audio : is it possible to order the 4.ai now ???­

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #1,476 of 7,980
Joe's, Kunlun's and Sorenslim's reviews of the 8.A helped me decide for that model as my second CIEMs but I couldn't figure out how to get what I wanted, so I just wrote them a letter with a picture and asked for an offer.* I'm soo looking forward to these... :D

* 3 1/2 years in a Ph.D. programme sure hell did not help me find clear shells on their Store page. Have any of you lads been able to find it? LOL

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #1,477 of 7,980
Quote:
Joe's, Kunlun's and Sorenslim's reviews of the 8.A helped me decide for that model as my second CIEMs but I couldn't figure out how to get what I wanted, so I just wrote them a letter with a picture and asked for an offer.* I'm soo looking forward to these...
biggrin.gif

* 3 1/2 years in a Ph.D. programme sure hell did not help me find clear shells on their Store page. Have any of you lads been able to find it? LOL

I don't think they list clear shells, but the closest to that would be light smoke.  You may have to request "clear shells" on the order form?

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,478 of 7,980
While I do love Heir's customer service (they are among the best of any company I have dealt with) and think their products are among the best to be had at any price... Their website could use some love. And I say this as a professional web designer.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,481 of 7,980
Quote:
For me the best news here is the American office. I was a bit hesitant before about having to ship to China, but now when I do order some customs I'm almost positive it'll be from Heir.

where did it say that they have a US office? Will Heir start making CIEM's in the USA? That would/should decrease shipping costs. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,482 of 7,980
It was posted a couple of pages back in the post that John announced the 3 & 4ai's.   Impressions will be shipped to the US for ciem's however I think they will still be built in the main lab.  

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #1,483 of 7,980

About the 3.Ai and 4.Ai, will they be differentiated from each other by design, color scheme or wood plates?

In terms of shell color and faceplates, both the 3.Ai and 4.Ai will come in Black Mamba and Amboyna Burl. However, both are engraved on the top of the IEM (see photo) to indicate make and model, the 3.Ai in red and the 4.Ai in gold.
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back