The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 1, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #1,456 of 7,980
Depending on impressions which I'll wait for first, these new universals have got my full attention.

I'll be watching them very closely in coming weeks. (especially the 3.Ai)

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #1,457 of 7,980
Quote:
this company (The Wizard in particular) are truly exemplary in their customer-service... the answers to my questions are always dealt with in a timely courteous manner that shames many other brands... now which do I chose ?

Shakey.

I was thinking of trying the 3.A, then I decided to hit up the 4.A... then after hearing about the 6.A LE... that's where I went.  Do to a Paypal mixup... I ended up going back to the the 4.A and using the extra funds to get my WM-Z... I'm now VERY Happy with them.  They are quite clean and provide good bass when asked, don't have bloated bass (like my Klipsch S4 can), they don't have recessed mids (like my TF10), and aren't shrill like my Grados were... they play down the middle, but still sound wonderful.  Best thing, you can order any of them, and then re-sell if you don't like, and whomever purchased them, can get them re-shelled for $70.  Win win...

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #1,458 of 7,980
Quote:
I was thinking of trying the 3.A, then I decided to hit up the 4.A... then after hearing about the 6.A LE... that's where I went.  Do to a Paypal mixup... I ended up going back to the the 4.A and using the extra funds to get my WM-Z... I'm now VERY Happy with them.  They are quite clean and provide good bass when asked, don't have bloated bass (like my Klipsch S4 can), they don't have recessed mids (like my TF10), and aren't shrill like my Grados were... they play down the middle, but still sound wonderful.  Best thing, you can order any of them, and then re-sell if you don't like, and whomever purchased them, can get them re-shelled for $70.  Win win...

I started looking at the 3.A but thought that for only a little more, I could get the 4.A. But then, for only a little more...

I'm now really enjoying my 8.A. They're great for blocking out the sound of my credit card crying in the corner.

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #1,459 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm now really enjoying my 8.A. They're great for blocking out the sound of my credit card crying in the corner.

LOL 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #1,462 of 7,980
Although I've decided that the 4.A is the route I should go, I was wondering if there are demos because I'd like to hear them for myself before I pull the trigger on them. Or I'm guessing I can just listen to the 4.Ai when they are available and go from there, will there be any stores in north America that will carry them so that I can go to the store to demo them?

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #1,463 of 7,980
Quote:
Although I've decided that the 4.A is the route I should go, I was wondering if there are demos because I'd like to hear them for myself before I pull the trigger on them. Or I'm guessing I can just listen to the 4.Ai when they are available and go from there, will there be any stores in north America that will carry them so that I can go to the store to demo them?

In the immediate future, there are no stores that are set to carry Heir Audio products within North America. Please note that the 4.A and the 4.Ai are identical internally, therefore producing the same sound. Whether or not you want to opt for the 4.A or the 4.Ai is a matter of personal taste as you are essentially deciding between a custom or universal version of the same product.
 ​

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #1,464 of 7,980
In the immediate future, there are no stores that are set to carry Heir Audio products within North America. Please note that the 4.A and the 4.Ai are identical internally, therefore producing the same sound. Whether or not you want to opt for the 4.A or the 4.Ai is a matter of personal taste as you are essentially deciding between a custom or universal version of the same product.
 ​
I'd definitely go with customs because I've always had a problem with universals but was wondering if I can demo either of them so that I get an idea of if they really are for me.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #1,465 of 7,980
Quote:
I'd definitely go with customs because I've always had a problem with universals but was wondering if I can demo either of them so that I get an idea of if they really are for me.

In the past, I have seen others in this industry offer "mail out demos" and I do believe deposits were taken etc for this type of service.  At this point in time, I am not sure if it is still in practice today. I can predict that there would be issues in shipping costs that would make this practice rather impractical, or costly I should say.

WIzard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #1,469 of 7,980
For me the best news here is the American office. I was a bit hesitant before about having to ship to China, but now when I do order some customs I'm almost positive it'll be from Heir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back