The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 19, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #1,157 of 7,980
Quote:

I do, sort of. I don't have any official position and don't post comments in Heir's name (except for simple links to reviews), but I can post pictures. The Wizard, being in China, has very limited access to Facebook. :xf_eek:/

Probably not.  It's really easy to get around China's firewall to FB in certain situations.

I guess he does have limited access.  

Jun 19, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #1,158 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm still surprised that there aren't more 4.A review around, considering the price point, and that there are more people who own the 4.A.

I've got a review promised but it has an elusive sound signature; it's been difficult to say anything about the 4.A that I could agree with myself on a week later.

I'm slowly circling around a set of impressions I'm happy with, and hopefully there'll be something up in a while.

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #1,159 of 7,980
I will be Receiving my 8As tomorrow!!

Very Plain though.. No fancy picture.. =( got no choice.. i have a tight budget!

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #1,163 of 7,980
Quote:Originally Posted by vincent199188 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very Plain though.. No fancy picture.. =( got no choice.. i have a tight budget!

They are very classy. I went with plain Dark Siamese Rosewood and have to say that I would have opted for these as they look so much classier than mine. Cheers.

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #1,164 of 7,980
I can't wait for pics of mine lol. I also went with Rosewood, looks classy!

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #1,165 of 7,980
Quote:

I think any picture or inlay would ruin the effect. These look really sleek and reminds me of antique furniture. I hope the sound will be a little bit more modern .... jk :wink: I love it, seriously, you've made a good call.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,166 of 7,980
That's the thing about the woodies. If I had gone that direction I'm not sure I wouldn't have just left the faces blank because the wood textures are often so beautiful. Somehow I get the impression that Wizard looks for cuts of wood with a particularly pleasing grain.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #1,167 of 7,980
Thanks for all the compliment guys!

I chose the rosewood as i own a set of LCD2 so i thought i would complete my antique looking rig.. lol...

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #1,168 of 7,980
Called UPS today and it looks like they've lost track of the package (both CIEMs) after it arrived in Alaska 
blink.gif

I was counting on getting them by today or tomorrow and now I'm not sure when 
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #1,169 of 7,980
I, too, would love to see more reviews of the 4.A.. I can't seem to get my mind of them (despite not really needing any more customs).  Tomscy2000 gave me a fantastic breakdown of what they offer in terms of sound.. but more impressions.. the merrier.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #1,170 of 7,980
Quote:
  I, too, would love to see more reviews of the 4.A.. I can't seem to get my mind of them (despite not really needing any more customs).  Tomscy2000 gave me a fantastic breakdown of what they offer in terms of sound.. but more impressions.. the merrier.

I've planned a review, but it'll have to be later in the summer when I've got more free time and when my other customs are finally ready. I'm also working on a way to make measurements of my own 4.A (to better explain what I've been hearing) but I can't guarantee being able to do so. Even then, there's a surprising lack of impressions (it needs not be a full-on review, fellas!) on the 4.A, especially when it made up a good chunk of Heir's business a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back