The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #1,126 of 7,980
Quote:
Heir does have amazing design and the worst part about the whole thing is having to select one. Or, you can trust the Wizard and let him work his magic.
On a sound quality note, Has anyone tried the 8.A with the RoCoo BA? I am listening to this combo now and am extremely impressed.

I have the RoCoo BA yet haven't tried it with the 8.A.  I'm quite intrigued.  I'm not that experienced but due to its relative transparency I think it would have an easy time synergizing with most IEM's.

It's lack of bass emphasis (relative neutrality) I would guess would compliment the sound signature of 8.A.

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #1,127 of 7,980
Quote:

I have the RoCoo BA yet haven't tried it with the 8.A.  I'm quite intrigued.  I'm not that experienced but due to its relative transparency I think it would have an easy time synergizing with most IEM's.

It's lack of bass emphasis (relative neutrality) I would guess would compliment the sound signature of 8.A.

The BA is not bass light, but not as authoritative as many other sources, but the bass surprised me when paired with the 8.A.  Maybe I just need to listen more to the 8.A as I just started my listening for my review, but I do think the synergy is quite good.

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #1,128 of 7,980
Quote:

The BA is not bass light, but not as authoritative as many other sources, but the bass surprised me when paired with the 8.A.  Maybe I just need to listen more to the 8.A as I just started my listening for my review, but I do think the synergy is quite good.

Oh I'm not saying it's bass light.  Rather that it has a lack of bass emphasis.  I've noticed that from top to bottom it seems relatively flat as opposed to having one end of the spectrum outweigh another definitively.  

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #1,129 of 7,980
Quote:

Oh I'm not saying it's bass light.  Rather that it has a lack of bass emphasis.  I've noticed that from top to bottom it seems relatively flat as opposed to having one end of the spectrum outweigh another definitively.  

Got ya and agree; Hisoundaudio finally got it right IMO for custom IEMs!

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #1,131 of 7,980
THEY'RE DONE! Much quicker than I expected too. Can't wait to hear them...I will definitely be posting my impressions on them once they get here. Attached is a picture:

The logos are glow in the dark. I can't wait to see what they look like all lit up!

Interesting to hear the good reviews on the Rocoo BAs. I'm tempted to upgrade to one from the Clip+. Will have to see how I feel when the 8.As arrive. Now to sit and wait...:D

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #1,132 of 7,980
Quote:
THEY'RE DONE! Much quicker than I expected too. Can't wait to hear them...I will definitely be posting my impressions on them once they get here. Attached is a picture:

Those look great! The glow-in-the-dark logo sounds interesting. Once you get them I'd love to see a picture of them in a dimly-lit room with flash turned off.

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #1,133 of 7,980
any feedback on the magnus 1 cable?

Jun 16, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,134 of 7,980
any feedback on the magnus 1 cable?

I've only been using mine for a few days since I just received it. But so far a really like it a lot. It's not as flashy as some other cables, but has an understated appeal. I love the feel of the thing, not too stiff, not too flimsy, just perfect. And the generous length from ears to y split is great for tall guys like me.

I really do think it is worth the money so far.

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #1,135 of 7,980
Quote:
I've only been using mine for a few days since I just received it. But so far a really like it a lot. It's not as flashy as some other cables, but has an understated appeal. I love the feel of the thing, not too stiff, not too flimsy, just perfect. And the generous length from ears to y split is great for tall guys like me.

Hope you can do a comparison against the stock cable soon.

Jun 17, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #1,136 of 7,980
Quote:

Alright thanks. The cables are of a much tougher quality than the stock cables right? It would be great if you are able to provide pictures of the 2 cables side by side.

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #1,137 of 7,980
Ok, I snapped a few pics for everyone:

Heir 6.A LE with Magnus cable:

Excellent angle plug - I love it! Normally I'm not a fan of angles... but this one just works for me. 

I know it's wrong to use the Magnus cable with a non-Heir Audio custom. But the Merlin is the only thing I have with a recessed socket. The Magnus cable works perfectly, very deep flush insertion, while still looking great with non-recessed sockets. 

Sorry I didn't take one with a stock cable next to the Magnus cable. Visibly, the differences are not as obvious. You need to hold them both to feel how much better the Magnus is. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,138 of 7,980
I was just looking on the Heir Audio site at the various options available and spotted that its an additional $70 for a 'Wizard' signature to be added. Seems like something that should be a free options IMO. Is the Heir crown logo free, or is that also a chargeable extra?

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,140 of 7,980
In general, adding or deleting the company logo from the design for your customs does not incur a charge. It didn't when I bought mine from Heir Audio in January, but it also seems true of most of the customs manufacturers I've also researched. Adding artwork other than the customs manufacturer's logo is usually what costs extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back