The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #1,141 of 7,980
I was just looking on the Heir Audio site at the various options available and spotted that its an additional $70 for a 'Wizard' signature to be added. Seems like something that should be a free options IMO. Is the Heir crown logo free, or is that also a chargeable extra?

The fee for the Wizards signature should be clarified on Heir Audio's website, as it is more than just a fee for the signature. What you are paying for is having your ciem's built by the Wizard himself as he only signs the ciem's that he personally builds. Heir makes great ciem's as anyone who owns a pair can attest. However in my humble opinion $99 is a small fee to pay (for the level of exclusivity that it will bring to your Heir Audio ciem and definitely worth it) to have your ciem's built by The Wizard, a perfectionist who has mastered his trade.

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #1,142 of 7,980
So the fee we pay for the signature is not just for the signature but a ciem handmade by wizard himself and not the other staff? and how is adding the fees automatically make it an limited edition? (so far, the limited edition i know is 6A only).

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #1,145 of 7,980
Quote:
So the fee we pay for the signature is not just for the signature but a ciem handmade by wizard himself and not the other staff? and how is adding the fees automatically make it an limited edition? (so far, the limited edition i know is 6A only).

Quote:
That is correct your ciem would then be made by the Wizard. I apologize as a better choice of words that I should have chose would have been that this extra would bring exclusivity to your ciem's.

Thanks for the explanations. Seems like a much more sensible price now. I thought originaly it was a purely aesthetic option.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #1,146 of 7,980
Quote:

Alright thanks. The cables are of a much tougher quality than the stock cables right? It would be great if you are able to provide pictures of the 2 cables side by side.

Here are some comparison photos of a stock cable (the Wizard told me the stock cable is the same for Heir as for JHA).

Click image to enlarge

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #1,147 of 7,980
Your Magnus 1 cables joe, look slightly different from mine. At the pin-end. Mine is solid black.

I'm a cable skeptic, but I somehow note slight differences in the cables. However, I've just received them today so I'll reserve my impressions for later

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #1,150 of 7,980
Quote:
No, its not an inlay, its a custom artwork. An inlay looking as detailed like that would be hella hard to produce.

Yes, I guess so. 
tongue.gif

Can I post this pic on Heir Audio's FB page?

Jun 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #1,151 of 7,980
Quote:
Yes, I guess so. 
tongue.gif

Can I post this pic on Heir Audio's FB page?

I'd ask FullCircle or the guys that handle the FB page for heir, not myself. Even if I do own the picture, I'm fine. Its taken in a hurry. Over the weekend maybe I'll produce some proper shots of them.

IEMs are meant to be listened to anyway :p not looked at

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #1,152 of 7,980
Quote:
I'd ask FullCircle or the guys that handle the FB page for heir, not myself. Even if I do own the picture, I'm fine. Its taken in a hurry. Over the weekend maybe I'll produce some proper shots of them.

IEMs are meant to be listened to anyway :p not looked at

I'm pretty sure Sinocelt is one of the people managing the FB page.

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #1,153 of 7,980
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=9pt][size=9pt]Thank you very much for placing the order with Heiraudio and we are pleased to inform you that your earmold impressions just[/size][size=9pt] arrived at our lab today. We have already started the processing and will begin to build your earpieces accordingly.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

The wait begins....

I'm still surprised that there aren't more 4.A review around, considering the price point, and that there are more people who own the 4.A.

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #1,154 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm still surprised that there aren't more 4.A review around, considering the price point, and that there are more people who own the 4.A.

I'll try to do a review of the 4.A (compared with the 8.A) when they both arrive in a couple of days.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I won't have a nice source to run them through, however, as I just sold my Alo Rx Mk2 :/  Smacks head...

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,155 of 7,980
Quote:

Not everyone would want to or would feel qualified to give a review.

That's half the reason why I made game reference when discussing soundstage. I don't have much experience with high-end headphones but I do have lots of experience of bad headphones while gaming and my 4.A's give me near flawless directionality in games that know how to act with headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back