The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #4,592 of 7,980
Quote:
Those Jimmy Hoffa are sexy

The last man to say that to Hoffa wound up in cement shoes. I agree with your statement though. I mean the CIEM's of coarse.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #4,595 of 7,980
Since I lost my 4.A I've noticed I listen to a lot less music. In the evenings I game more than listen to music (my HE-500 is surprisingly awesome for this) but during the day at work I usually listen to music. All I have for work now is a pair of Ultimate Ears UE700's.

They. Do. Not. Suffice.

I miss my 4.A's. I want my 8.A's. My impressions landed in San Diego yesterday, here's hoping Brannan thinks they're good and sends them off to The Wizard to work his magics. I miss having good headphones at work.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #4,596 of 7,980
Quote:
I am thinking a "Build Off" is on the Horizon between me and some of the key crew CIEM members...

Keyser Soze

dB Cooper

Bonnie Parker

Jimmy Hoffa

Gumbie

The Wizard

Wow, that's a tough one.....but I gotta go with the Wizard on this one. For one, that's the wood I requested, so I guess I'm a bit biased. Just a beauty. 

Gumbie, however... really put up a fight on this one. Personally, I myself wouldn't choose a red shell - but that combination is freaking unbelievable. And probably the best looking piece of buckeye in the history of cutting down trees. I must stand corrected and consider a red shell next go-around. 

And for pure stealth, Bonnie Parker takes a ribbon home. Just classy, mysterious, aaaaand a bit sinister. That pair could be issued to James Bond.

Great work all-around. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #4,597 of 7,980
Quote:
Those are mine
smily_headphones1.gif

When did they receive your order at their main office in China? Really wanting my 8As! :wink:...

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #4,598 of 7,980
When did they receive your order at their main office in China? Really wanting my 8As! :wink:...

I opted for rush service and placed my order on Nov 27.

HeirUSA received my impressions on Dec 4. and Dec 11 at Chengdu

Then my 8A's were shipped out Dec 17.

My 8A's arrived at my door sometime after the christmas holidays, pretty slow on shipping but then again there were major christmas delays..

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #4,602 of 7,980
. Quote:
Im a little skeptical on how much a cable can improve sound. I probably won't ever have the financial means to experiment with them, but Im kind of wondering how much of an impact it can have. The law of diminishing returns does apply. This is just curiousity.

EveTan my best adivice to you is to invenst  that cable money in getting a new amp or source or something else, there is no audible differences between cables it's just placebo and it's been proven (just do a research here in headfi or somewhere else and you'll see), or do this, buy any expensive cable and do a blind test against the stock cable, this is just my point of view I do not mean to offend the cable believers, and by the way I have done the blind test and I am a proud owner of the 4.A and 8.A, and I might buy the Tzar 350 once there is a SALE on them!

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #4,603 of 7,980
Quote:
. Quote:

EveTan my best adivice to you is to invenst  that cable money in getting a new amp or source or something else, there is no audible differences between cables it's just placebo and it's been proven (just do a research here in headfi or somewhere else and you'll see), or do this, buy any expensive cable and do a blind test against the stock cable, this is just my point of view I do not mean to offend the cable believers, and by the way I have done the blind test and I am a proud owner of the 4.A and 8.A, and I might buy the Tzar 350 once there is a SALE on them!

Well I guess we agree to disagree on this :wink:. While I agree on investing on a good source/amp is potentially a way to improve the sound even further than a cable can. I can still hear audible differences between cables on my gear. I have not received my 8As yet but will test it out between the stock cable, 7 OCC pure silver cable and a gold/silver cable.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #4,604 of 7,980
So isolation isn't the greatest? My last pair of Custom TF10s gave me superb isolation. Actually scary kind of isolation lol.

Isolation is still better than my universals but wasn't what I was expecting, it'd be great to have isolation like when I had the ear gunk in for my impressions : ) but acrylic is static and absorbs less noise.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #4,605 of 7,980
Quote:
Well I guess we agree to disagree on this :wink:. While I agree on investing on a good source/amp is potentially a way to improve the sound even further than a cable can. I can still hear audible differences between cables on my gear. I have not received my 8As yet but will test it out between the stock cable, 7 OCC pure silver cable and a gold/silver cable.

lol, we all agree to disagree at some point, Lee730 I believe you had the latest Leckerton amp, did you have any POP issues when connecting your ciems to it, or when turning on or off the unit, and does the Tralucent amp have any issues with POP sounds, and also what has been the MOST NEUTRAL AMP you have had NOThaving the POP sound issues, I really take care of my Heir 4.A and 8.A so I hate those pop noises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back