The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #4,621 of 7,980
Quote:
that's true they even think I don't what a mp3 player is, but I just stay quiet and say nothing and let them have it their wa,y little do they know the worth of this rig let alone the sound it produces!

Yep ignorance is  bliss and may have saved you from being mauled :wink:...

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #4,622 of 7,980
well guys I didn't mean to talk about amps in this thread, I just wanted to know what's out there to compliment my Heir Ciems so if anyone out there is using an neutral amp with no pop sounds, holla back at me!

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #4,623 of 7,980
Quote:
It'd be great to have isolation like when I had the ear gunk in for my impressions : ) but acrylic is static and absorbs less noise.

To get almost that level of isolation, you'd need to look at Silicone IEMs like the ACS T1

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #4,625 of 7,980
Yes, they were my T1s

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #4,626 of 7,980
Ahh. Yep silicone just continues to intrigue me with its comfort and isolation properties. Too bad it hasn't caught on yet. I think it is clearly superior to acrylic... Just a more pricy option obviously....

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #4,627 of 7,980
Silicone is definitely superior in comfort and isolation.
However, I've found that isolation in acrylic can vary too depending on the manufacturer and the density of acrylic that they use. My JH13 reshelled by UM are much more isolating than my JH16.
The acrylic of the UM reshells is much denser and noticeably heavier. In fact, the JH16 feel flimsy in comparison.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #4,628 of 7,980
Sorensiim
I know you have the Tzar 350, and the 4.A and  you have listened your friend's ETY-4S, and I was thinking to sell my 4.A since I am a Neutral Sound guy, to get either the Tzar 350 or the Ety4s and I don't know what to do if I get the Tzar 350 I have to deal with custom fees and the freight from China to USA I will have to spend like $500 but with the Et4s I only paid $300 or even less and that's it, free shipping and tax free, so if you had to get rid of either the 4.A or the Tzar 350 FOREVER with no other option which one woul you choose to sell and keep?

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #4,629 of 7,980
Quote:
Ahh. Yep silicone just continues to intrigue me with its comfort and isolation properties. Too bad it hasn't caught on yet. I think it is clearly superior to acrylic... Just a more pricy option obviously....

Silicone has downsides too. Since it's softer it's easier to damage and it's harder to keep clean. I suspect getting a proper fit can also be more challenging.

Not to mention that acrylic shells can also isolate better if the IEM has deeper insertion, or the shell is filled or partially filled, rather than hollow.

Now that I've had a couple months with a both an all-acrylic IEM and an acrylic IEM with silicone nozzle, I can see the advantages of both, and I don't really think that a custom IEM can be improved simply by being silicone; there's far more to it than that.

For whatever it's worth, of my two customs, I consider the all-acrylic Heirs to be more comfortable for long-term wear.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #4,630 of 7,980
Sorensiim
I know you have the Tzar 350, and the 4.A and  you have listened your friend's ETY-4S, and I was thinking to sell my 4.A since I am a Neutral Sound guy, to get either the Tzar 350 or the Ety4s and I don't know what to do if I get the Tzar 350 I have to deal with custom fees and the freight from China to USA I will have to spend like $500 but with the Et4s I only paid $300 or even less and that's it, free shipping and tax free, so if you had to get rid of either the 4.A or the Tzar 350 FOREVER with no other option which one woul you choose to sell and keep?

The Tzar 350 is in stock at Heir US I think, so you can stop worrying about taxes, fees etc.

I have the 4.Ai and Tzar 350 (and 8.A). If I were to keep only one of the universals it would be the Tzar, a brilliant sidekick for the 8.A.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #4,631 of 7,980
Quote:
The Tzar 350 is in stock at Heir US I think, so you can stop worrying about taxes, fees etc.

I have the 4.Ai and Tzar 350 (and 8.A). If I were to keep only one of the universals it would be the Tzar, a brilliant sidekick for the 8.A.

if that it's true about not paying taxes (if I buy them from any other state but Florida) or  custom fees I guess we will have the 8.A, 4.A and the Tzar 350, LOL! I will find out! if I decide to sell the 4.A I will be selling them for $400 remember you only pay $70 to get them remold! if any headfier is interested!!!

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #4,632 of 7,980
Quote:
if that it's true about not paying taxes (if I buy them from any other state but Florida) or  custom fees I guess we will have the 8.A, 4.A and the Tzar 350, LOL! I will find out! if I decide to sell the 4.A I will be selling them for $400 remember you only pay $70 to get them remold! if any headfier is interested!!!

Well I bought two iem's from heir shipped from the California office to me, also in California, and there was no tax. So unless something has changed the taxes are included. You can always email Heir to verify, they are super helpful.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #4,634 of 7,980
Ouch to my wallet, now I want to try the Tzar but I would keep the 4 Ai at first.  The 4Ai has been everything I could want in an IEM and more.  Based on what I read it is an excellent complement to the Tzar.

The stock Tzar in the US is for one configuration correct?  I wouldn't need the upgraded cable as I got that one with the 4 Ai  

Rendition also in stock in the US?

Quote:

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #4,635 of 7,980
Quote:
Ouch to my wallet, now I want to try the Tzar but I would keep the 4 Ai at first.  The 4Ai has been everything I could want in an IEM and more.  Based on what I read it is an excellent complement to the Tzar.
The stock Tzar in the US is for one configuration correct?  I wouldn't need the upgraded cable as I got that one with the 4 Ai  

hey I just checked that you own the Portaphile627, how noisy is the pop sound when you connect or turn on or off the amp when using your iem's with it, and I heard that you have turn it on and off repeatedly  to turn the amp on because of the capacitors needs to get some kind of charge, is that true, and once again how hard is the POP on your iems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back