The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #4,606 of 7,980
Quote:
lol, we all agree to disagree at some point, Lee730 I believe you had the latest Leckerton amp, did you have any POP issues when connecting your ciems to it, or when turning on or off the unit, and does the Tralucent amp have any issues with POP sounds, and also what has been the MOST NEUTRAL AMP you have had NOThaving the POP sound issues, I really take care of my Heir 4.A and 8.A so I hate those pop noises.

The UHA6 MKII with Op Amp 8610 has a very small pop. Nothing major at all. Like a click and that it. The T1 amp would be the same. Nothing like on the DX100 on firmware 1.1.7 which would almost blow up your ear drums lol. So its all a non-issue in regards to those pops on these units.

Both amps are quite neutral IMO but I feel the T1 has the best overall balance in terms of its sound stage which makes the entire presentation sound even better. So in that I think the T1 would be the better amp. From what I'm hearing they are still improving upon the volume pot so if that is the case then it would really be the ideal amp for me in terms of sensitive IEMs. If you decide to go that route bring this up to them though to confirm it.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #4,607 of 7,980
Quote:
Isolation is still better than my universals but wasn't what I was expecting, it'd be great to have isolation like when I had the ear gunk in for my impressions : ) but acrylic is static and absorbs less noise.

Yeah I know what you mean lol. I could hear the silence with that silicone paste in my ears.... Not too often where I am in such a quite environment where I can hear the silence noise :p. The lady was talking to me and I didn't even realize it. I had to tell her "sorry, I can't hear a think you are saying!" :p. I think the SE5s would be the way to go if you want that type of isolation. I really want a pair of those one day lol :).

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #4,608 of 7,980
Quote:
lol, we all agree to disagree at some point, Lee730 I believe you had the latest Leckerton amp, did you have any POP issues when connecting your ciems to it, or when turning on or off the unit, and does the Tralucent amp have any issues with POP sounds, and also what has been the MOST NEUTRAL AMP you have had NOThaving the POP sound issues, I really take care of my Heir 4.A and 8.A so I hate those pop noises.

Any size restraints? Pocketable or lugable?

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #4,609 of 7,980
Quote:
Any size restraints? Pocketable or lugable?

looking for a Pocket firendly amp, my current portable rig it's a Sony discman D-25, THE BEST SOURCE I HAVE EVER HAD! so I really don't want to make my rig bigger, I own the Fiio E6 which really doesn't have any POP issues whatsoever but I feel that it does not power my 4.A and 8.A to their potential!

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #4,610 of 7,980
Very few portable amps have soft power-up and power-down. I have no idea what kind of constraints there are on providing it; it's just not all that common.

That said, I've found the UHA-6 has different noises depending on the op-amp. The 8610 is pretty close to silent (a slight fizz sound after powerdown), the OPA627 pops. The UHA-6 Mk II has a redesigned circuit so I can't tell you how that performs.

You can always plug your IEMs in after turning it on and unplug before turning it off. Solid-state amps are safe to run unloaded.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #4,611 of 7,980
Quote:
looking for a Pocket firendly amp, my current portable rig it's a Sony discman D-25, THE BEST SOURCE I HAVE EVER HAD! so I really don't want to make my rig bigger, I own the Fiio E6 which really doesn't have any POP issues whatsoever but I feel that it does not power my 4.A and 8.A to their potential!

They're not really that demanding, but you'll want something clean sounding. I've only heard the beta version of the Rendition 1, but I liked the clean and spacious sound. Looking forward to reading reviews of the final version. Sonically, the Just Audio AHA-120 could be just what the doctor ordered, but it's quite the brick. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4,614 of 7,980
Quote:
They're not really that demanding, but you'll want something clean sounding. I've only heard the beta version of the Rendition 1, but I liked the clean and spacious sound. Looking forward to reading reviews of the final version. Sonically, the Just Audio AHA-120 could be just what the doctor ordered, but it's quite the brick. 

I know I was thinking the same, that they are not that demanding but every time I listen to my music and I get lost with this combo I ask myself can it get better that this and what if the answer is Yes ah

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #4,617 of 7,980
Quote:

Sorensin so the Just Audio AHA-120 is neutral with no POP sound? because if the answer is yes I might get it for my 8.A and use it at home as a Desktop/Portable amp!

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4,618 of 7,980
Sorensin so the Just Audio AHA-120 is neutral with no POP sound? because if the answer is yes I might get it for my 8.A and use it at home as a Desktop/Portable amp!

I don't remember if it pops, but it is a very neutral amp. I'm afraid you need to plow through some reviews :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4,619 of 7,980
Quote:

The UHA4 was dead silent on power on and off if that is such a big deal to you lol. Still my point is its such a small noise that is in no way painful or even close to being damaging to the IEM upon powering it on or off :p. I'd rather have better sound quality than worry about a minor click :).

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4,620 of 7,980
Quote:
They're probably thinking "Oh I feel sorry for him, he can't afford an ipod and has to use that old crappy CD player" lol :wink:.

that's true they even think I don't what a mp3 player is, but I just stay quiet and say nothing and let them have it their wa,y little do they know the worth of this rig let alone the sound it produces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back