The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #4,579 of 7,980
Quote:
I think there was a question regarding spalted Tamarind

and for one of my favorite woods

Buck Eye Burl

I ordered my 4A with buck eye burl and mamba shells. I can hardly wait to see a picture of my 4A's when they're done
etysmile.gif

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #4,580 of 7,980
It's been said before, but all I can say is 8.A = Holy Friggin Wow.

They were soooo worth the wait.

I can safely say that even after only an hour of them being used I am madly in love with them :)

The fit is perfect, look is perfect and most importantly sound is above my expectations. Thanks to all at Heir (especially Brennan) who helped me on my journey of getting them.

dgcrane
Darren

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #4,583 of 7,980
It's been said before, but all I can say is 8.A = Holy Friggin Wow.

They were soooo worth the wait.

I can safely say that even after only an hour of them being used I am madly in love with them :)

The fit is perfect, look is perfect and most importantly sound is above my expectations. Thanks to all at Heir (especially Brennan) who helped me on my journey of getting them.

dgcrane
Darren

Happy to see I'm not the only one who thinks that the 8.A is worth the cost and wait :)

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #4,585 of 7,980
^ They are all exceptional, but I have to say the Wiz gets the chip because of that stunning piece of wood he had to work with - is it even wood? It looks like it could be some sort of polished gemstone...whatever it is, it really pops. To be fair, everybody's build should be the same size in the picture - some of them are set back a bit and I can't see the fine details. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #4,587 of 7,980
Quote:
I am thinking a "Build Off" is on the Horizon between me and some of the key crew CIEM members...

Keyser Soze

dB Cooper

Bonnie Parker

Jimmy Hoffa

Gumbie

The Wizard

Dr Moulton you forgot to include Salvador Dali, Pancho Villa, Sitting Bull, and Rasputin. I'm curious to see what crazy old Rasputin could come up with.
wink_face.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #4,588 of 7,980
Quote:
I think there was a question regarding spalted Tamarind

and for one of my favorite woods

Buck Eye Burl

Thanks for posting an image of Spalted Tamarind. I was the one who asked that. The spalted tamarind in the photo looks actually quite darker than the one on the order form.

http://cn.heiraudio.com/small/images/wood/SpaltedTamarind0212.jpg

Also I've compared it to the ones available on Etsy such as the following:
http://img2.etsystatic.com/008/0/5877800/il_570xN.362037246_peoc.jpg

The above two links seems to have a lighter shade. Could it be that there is a variation of the shades for spalted tamarind or am I expected to receive a dark tint like the one you posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back