The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,726 of 7,980
Quote:
I can't wait to hear them! Not to mention it's highly likely that I will order Fitear To Go 334 sometime this month. Should be interesting how these 3 compares to each other!

Thatd be great, 334 vs 4.Ai, yes please :wink:

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #1,727 of 7,980
Quote:
Thatd be great, 334 vs 4.Ai, yes please :wink:

Oh yes, will do! Hopefully I can place an order within 2 weeks and get it around the same time as 4.Ai

I hope you are enjoying your pair, what a tease ha!  Do you know what kind of tips are compatible with 4.Ai? I only have Sony Hybrids, so I might have to do a quick shopping before it arrives.

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #1,728 of 7,980
That would be cool!

I know hehe, and of course they are, best things i have ever heard!

Comply T200 and T500, Hybrids are but i prefer the sound with the stock tips personally as they have a larger bore.

They have a 6mm diameter so any other with that i guess which is UE for example.

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #1,732 of 7,980
The build quality of the 4ai is nothing short of spectacular.   They simply scream to other iem's look at me I am breathtakingly sexy.  None of the other IEM's that I have had the pleasure to own even come close and I would be surprised if anything in the future from a company other than Heir would even come close.  They are built and adhere to the same strict standards that Heir builds their ciem's to.  

As I have previously stated the 4a's are simply the best sq that I have heard to date (that statement was made proor to receiving my 8a's, more on those in a future post) and since the AI version utilizes the same components it should be no surprise that the 4.AI sounds identical to its fraternal twin brother the 4.A.  Out of the two my preference would goto to the 4.A's younger sibling as now I am able to share the masterpiece that is the 4a with friends and family.  

These iems are by far the most comfortable that I have ever worn and they truly disappear into your ears and in no time you will forget that you are even wearing them.  This is by no means a small feat as the Wizard can attest to my small ears and canals.

It is incomprehensible to me that a company can put out such an outstanding IEM that is not only hand built with a stellar build quality but also possesses a sound quality that is equally astonishing for such a low price.   And to boot they include a removable cable that is interchangeable with most standard socket ciem's.

It is easy to recommend the AI line to anyone solely based upon the product as described above. When you through in the unparalleled commitment to the customer it becomes a no brainer; Heir Audio and their products stand alone at the pinnacle of the industry.  

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,735 of 7,980
Quote:
What are you guys using with your CIEMs in terms of AMP/DAC? I have a Leckerton UHA-6II I use at home but I'm looking to start bringing that to work and getting something else for home use. Curious at what other people are pairing with Heir IEMs, specifically the 4.A.

I alternate most often between the Leckerton UHA-6S (1st generation, stock op-amp) and the RSA SR-71B (single-ended connection for now, a balanced cable in a couple weeks). At home my preferred amp for IEMs is the Violectric HPA-V100.

The Leckerton provides the most balanced sound from low to high, rich with detail but maybe the least pronounced soundstage of the three. The RSA provides a smoother sound in a larger, more dramatic space; it's tempting to call it tube-like, but it doesn't actually share the midrange and tonal characteristics of a stereotypical tube amp. The Violectric is hardest to compare directly, since I also use different source equipment with it than with the portable amps, and there is a crossfeed in the signal chain. But taken as a whole, the home system with the Violectric and the 4.A strikes a balance between the two portable amps; less of a bass emphasis than the RSA but maybe providing a bit more physicality to it; the most PRaT of all and a nearly infinite sense of detail, but not in an attention-getting way as maybe the Leckerton has from time to time.

Of the three, the Leckerton is a flat-out bargain, at less than half the price of the next-cheapest of these. It is almost faultless; you can only take issue with it simply not sounding like you want an amp to sound, or because as a portable amp it's simply inadequate for a given headphone's requirements.

Any one of these would make you happy. They are each keepers, and they complement each other well, not only with the 4.A but a broad range of full-size headphones, too.

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #1,737 of 7,980
Quote:
Of the three, the Leckerton is a flat-out bargain, at less than half the price of the next-cheapest of these. It is almost faultless; you can only take issue with it simply not sounding like you want an amp to sound, or because as a portable amp it's simply inadequate for a given headphone's requirements.

Oh, I love my Leckerton. It's the first AMP I've ever bought and I can agree with it being faultless. The sound is fantastic. It does work very, very well with the 4.A, and my Denon AH-D2000's.

In an ideal world I'd love something that was basically the abilities of the Leckerton with a preamp ability for my powered speakers. If I could find that for anything short of a grand I'd be very pleased.

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #1,738 of 7,980
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #1,739 of 7,980
Quote:
In an ideal world I'd love something that was basically the abilities of the Leckerton with a preamp ability for my powered speakers. If I could find that for anything short of a grand I'd be very pleased.

I haven't heard the Leckerton but if you're looking for an excellent digital preamp/dac/headphone amp for under a grand you should take a look at the Audiolab M-DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back