The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 10, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #1,714 of 7,980
Quote:

Sorensiim, please post your 3.Ai's impressions at the new dedicated thread... 
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #1,715 of 7,980
Quote:

Sorensiim, please post your 3.Ai's impressions at the new dedicated thread... 
wink.gif

I just got out of the CT scanner and I'm loaded with drugs.

I can count to potato.

(Count me out for today)

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #1,717 of 7,980
Quote:
Mr. Wizzard, is it safe to assume that the 4.Ai is a more technical and/or analytical sounding IEM, and the 3.Ai is a more musical and/or "fun" IEM? Were these your target sound signatures for both when you designed them?

Thanks!

Yes you may assume that. Basically I knew what the drivers "could"  or "may" do before I placed them together, and I knew that due to the physics of sound internal design etc.  Truth be know, if one has the money, Knowles will design x-overs etc etc for you.  I didn't have the money, but I had years of schooling under me, covering physics, physics of sound, anatomy and physiology, the hearing mechanisim etc. When I designed the product line up, I was working at a large hearing aid manufactureing company in Thailand. My job there (one of them) was to work with English speaking clients. Well there were not very many English speaking people with auditory issues, so as it turned out I had a lot of time on my hands.

I spent a great deal of that time, over a five year period, learning all I could about CIEMs. I developed the Heir Audio product line up while I was in Thailand and once I felt I was ready, I joined with MDSP to create Heir Audio.  

But as to you question, was this my target as I designed them. They answer is, Yes.  But understand, even after one has done the math, the impedance calculations etc etc, the proof is in the sound.  My hands would be shakeing as I would button up a set of CIEMs to test them....   I'd rush the job just so I could hear them....

Fiver years of this, and you can bet I made some really bad sounding CIEMs during that time, the math may look sound, but the Ears tell the truth.
But at least it was a learning experience and I have more designs stored away.

Well with that, the Wizard needs a nap.

When I launched there was some concern that I would falter as other fellow Head Fier's have done so in the past. I hope that I have proven that I will work hard every day and all day to povide the best, and if I fall short, my team and I will do all we can to rectify any failures.

Thanks again to you all, and thanks to my team, dB Cooper, Keiser Sose, Bonnie Parker, Jimmy Hoffa, Gong Li, Fancy Nancy, Ehco, Acorn, Nerd, Gumby, Bangkokkid and Ghangis Kahn. 

And a thank you for the reviews, and customers around the world.

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,719 of 7,980
Quote:

Yes you may assume that. Basically I knew what the drivers "could"  or "may" do before I placed them together, and I knew that due to the physics of sound internal design etc.  Truth be know, if one has the money, Knowles will design x-overs etc etc for you.  I didn't have the money, but I had years of schooling under me, covering physics, physics of sound, anatomy and physiology, the hearing mechanisim etc. When I designed the product line up, I was working at a large hearing aid manufactureing company in Thailand. My job there (one of them) was to work with English speaking clients. Well there were not very many English speaking people with auditory issues, so as it turned out I had a lot of time on my hands.

I spent a great deal of that time, over a five year period, learning all I could about CIEMs. I developed the Heir Audio product line up while I was in Thailand and once I felt I was ready, I joined with MDSP to create Heir Audio.  

But as to you question, was this my target as I designed them. They answer is, Yes.  But understand, even after one has done the math, the impedance calculations etc etc, the proof is in the sound.  My hands would be shakeing as I would button up a set of CIEMs to test them....   I'd rush the job just so I could hear them....

Fiver years of this, and you can bet I made some really bad sounding CIEMs during that time, the math may look sound, but the Ears tell the truth.
But at least it was a learning experience and I have more designs stored away.

Well with that, the Wizard needs a nap.

When I launched there was some concern that I would falter as other fellow Head Fier's have done so in the past. I hope that I have proven that I will work hard every day and all day to povide the best, and if I fall short, my team and I will do all we can to rectify any failures.

Thanks again to you all, and thanks to my team, dB Cooper, Keiser Sose, Bonnie Parker, Jimmy Hoffa, Gong Li, Fancy Nancy, Ehco, Acorn, Nerd, Gumby, Bangkokkid and Ghangis Kahn. 

And a thank you for the reviews, and customers around the world.

Wizard

What a nice story.  Really shows a glimpse of the dedication required to create a successful product.

P.S.  LOL, Fancy Nancy, Acorn, Gumby, Nerd, Ganghkis Khan!  I love your teams' names.

Aug 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #1,723 of 7,980
What are you guys using with your CIEMs in terms of AMP/DAC? I have a Leckerton UHA-6II I use at home but I'm looking to start bringing that to work and getting something else for home use. Curious at what other people are pairing with Heir IEMs, specifically the 4.A.

Aug 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #1,724 of 7,980
Quote:
What are you guys using with your CIEMs in terms of AMP/DAC? I have a Leckerton UHA-6II I use at home but I'm looking to start bringing that to work and getting something else for home use. Curious at what other people are pairing with Heir IEMs, specifically the 4.A.

The DX100 is a stunning match with the 4.Ai, as is the Alo Rx mk IIIb, according to my fellow Danish Viking Head-Fi'er, Victor Halgaard who'll be taking care of them for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back