The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #1,742 of 7,980
Listened to the 8.A today. Time to save up... 
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #1,745 of 7,980
Quote:
Demo units.
smily_headphones1.gif
I really think they have the perfect signature for me. I was comparing them with the JH13s and 16s, both were really good but the 8.A's would be my first choice.
biggrin.gif

I am still loving the hell out of my 8.A and I finally feel that I have "arrived", found the rig that just sounds right to me. They sound like the best parts of the LCD-2 v2, Denon D7000 and Hifiman He-500 all in one. Only better. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #1,746 of 7,980
I am still loving the hell out of my 8.A and I finally feel that I have "arrived", found the rig that just sounds right to me. They sound like the best parts of the LCD-2 v2, Denon D7000 and Hifiman He-500 all in one. Only better. 

Awesome. I'm looking at the LCD-2 for my future full size rig. Do you think they are too similar to the 8.A to warrant owning both?
I think I'm leaning towards the HD800 anyway...

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #1,747 of 7,980
Quote:

That's a good description!

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #1,748 of 7,980
Stupid question but If i want to get the 4.Ai can i change the faceplate and shell color??

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,750 of 7,980
No, both the 4.Ai e 3.Ai universals are only available as seen in the pictures. At least for now...

ah ok, Might go with the 4A then since i could never find a good seal tip when using IEM, which is why i have CIEM

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,751 of 7,980
Quote:
ah ok, Might go with the 4A then since i could never find a good seal tip when using IEM, which is why i have CIEM

It's a different price bracket to do so but I think there's value for it. While I understand that the Wizard is trying to make the 4.Ai be a universal version of the 4.A, I be the custom has better sound, not to mention isolation. Plus, you can customize it to be exactly your own personal style.

Good deal for everyone, really.

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,753 of 7,980
Quote:
Well the isolation would depend on your fit and the seal.   The isolation on the 4.AI as I stated is almost the same as as my comfort fit 4.A.  As far as sound quality they are identical.   

I was under the, perhaps false, impression that customs tend to isolate better than universals if only as a matter of the material used. I could be wrong in that or it could be such a limited difference as to be beyond what can be experienced by human ears.

Interesting to hear that the sound is so similar. Really says a lot about the abilities of The Wizard. Seems like the 4.Ai will be the high-end sports-car to the 4.A super-car.

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #1,754 of 7,980
The thing is your ear canals are not static however acrylic ciem's are.  That is why I stated it is dependent on your fit and thus the seal your able to achieve.  Universal iems as we all know use dynamic tips thus allowing their contour to continuously change to conform to your canals.  the fit with universals is dependent on the tip used and the angle and depth of the nozzle thus sometimes making it difficult to achieve a good seal. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #1,755 of 7,980
I've always wondered how comfortable acrylic shells are. I've never had customs, but I'm interested in the 4.Ai and 3.Ai. Can someone who recently transitioned to customs or similar universals (like the Aurisonics) tell me if they're ok? Acrylic just doesn't seem like it would be comfortable, but I hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back