The Westone UM1/UM2 Appreciation Thread
Sep 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #482 of 516
Hey guys. How is um2 for metal genre? I usually listen to tool pain of salvation alice in chains etc. I have beyer t50p atm but i need a little bit more portability i want a change.I have a trade offer atm um2 for t50p. How will it sound, shall i accept it? Thank you.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #483 of 516
 I just got my um2s and I'm very satisfied with how they are performing. After messing around with all of the included tips, it seems that the best bass performance comes from the modified bi-flanges. I've been walking around all day with these and have heard no evidence of microphonics. These are super comfortable, far superior compared to any other IEM i've tried. I wore them for about 5 hours straight and felt no pain or irritation. I'll post pictures in a week or so as well as a more well-rounded impression.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #485 of 516
Quote:
Anyone got the new um1s? I've been brainstorming on getting one but i doubt the new cables.

I have um2's but i can comment on the cable. It is pretty good for stock, but I've found that it gets really easily tangled in my pocket. I've used it while running and biking, and have heard no microphonics. I have a chris himself cable, and I'd say it's for sure worth it to upgrade for pure  aesthetics and lack of tangling. There is some difference in the sound of the stock vs chris_himself cable, but i'd say if you are basing the purchase just on this, you might be disapointed. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #489 of 516
I got my um2s about a year ago..I have lots of iems..from the 535s to the etys er4s and the um2s to me sound better then my 535s.. My option.. They don't sound as good as ny etys but to me are very close..again just ny opinion..I love these things.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #490 of 516
Was browsing Ebay today and couldn`t resist throwing in a bid on the UM2`s. I won them for £82. A curiosity purchase and should get money back if I sell on.
To me that seemed a bargain.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #491 of 516
Was browsing Ebay today and couldn`t resist throwing in a bid on the UM2`s. I won them for £82. A curiosity purchase and should get money back if I sell on.
To me that seemed a bargain.
not sure what that is in dollars but I think they sound really good and think you will like them..here in Canada I think they are around 300 with taxs..I have a pair and I love them..

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #492 of 516
Just gone to XE to convert to Canadian dollars and £82 = 129.157 CAD.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #493 of 516
Just gone to XE to convert to Canadian dollars and £82 = 129.157 
CAD.
if they are in good shape..I think that's a great price..think you will like them my friend..I'm not sure what kinda of sound you like but they to me had as much bass I'll ever need..when they were new I found them to be a little siblent but after using them for a while that either went away or I got use to it..either way they are one of my favorite iem I have..hope you enjoy them..

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #494 of 516
As a Westone 4 user, I have respect for the company. Saying that I wasn`t overly thrilled with the Westone 2 but it seems the UM2 sounds different to the standard W2. Anyway I have hardly broken the bank with this gamble.
I must stop though, have the TPeos 200 coming also and that is enough toy playing for now, well until the next toy....

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #495 of 516
As a Westone 4 user, I have respect for the company. Saying that I wasn`t overly thrilled with the Westone 2 but it seems the UM2 sounds different to the standard W2. Anyway I have hardly broken the bank with this gamble.
I must stop though, have the TPeos 200 coming also and that is enough toy playing for now, well until the next toy....
Lol I keep saying that too but I always seem to find something I want.. I think the next step for me will be customs..I'm looking at either the jh13 or the jh16. From what I hear the 16 sounds like the 13 but a kick up in the bass section..for I think an extra 100 bucks might as well go for the big boys.jh16.. Can't wait for that day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back