The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 10, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #88,831 of 89,832
How often do you hear the ringing with Fei Wan? I’m hearing from a friend who has the SP3000T and is using it with Campfire Fathom that the tube mode is just about unusable with very sensitive gear. This obviously doesn’t apply to me with me using Storm and sets that aren’t so sensitive, but now I’m curious just how noisy it can get. I received my purchased unit yesterday but I haven’t unboxed it yet as I’m waiting for more data on this.
If it's caused by mechanical moving of the glass then you could try special tube rings that absord them. As such they can't be amplified through the amp.

They're also called O-rings and cost next to nothing.

1000375746.jpg

drftr

May 10, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #88,834 of 89,832
Naming only one, which piece of head-fi gear represents the very best value for money for you?

drftr
Fiio Fh9

Without any hesitation.

And Sound rhymes Sr5.

Same 😎🔥✌️

But these Fiio ... ✊

May 10, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #88,835 of 89,832
I looked for some stuff, like jewelry stands, a while back - but that was mainly for product photography reasons. I didn't find a whole lot that wasn't ugly. I've since decided that I'll probably hit up some antique stores like Peter McKinnon does. It'll take more work, over a longer period of time, but I'll probably get a better result that way.
Yea, this is exactly my problem. ddHiFi has a nice stand I'm considering https://cn.ddhifi.com/en/product/hs210/ but you can't really get the face of the IEM, just a whole body shot. Some of the jewelry stuff has the right idea but yea the ones I've seen are pretty ugly.

Do you have any examples of the antiques? That's a cool idea I haven't thought of.

May 10, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #88,837 of 89,832
Please don't take this too personal but may I kindly suggest not turning the Watercooler into a [enter your brand name here] hate page? There's plenty of those elsewhere already, and most here would prefer keeping the Cooler for sharing love for our gear instead. Any brand hated by some is loved by plenty of others - and the other way around. Tnx a million...

drftr
I do get what you are saying, but I do still want to hear when others do not care for an item they audition. Obviously we should explain why and keep from turning everything negative, but bad reviews in addition to good reviews will help us to better understand if someone else’s taste aligns with our own. Maybe use “levels of like?”

May 10, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #88,838 of 89,832
I do get what you are saying, but I do still want to hear when others do not care for an item they audition. Obviously we should explain why and keep from turning everything negative, but bad reviews in addition to good reviews will help us to better understand if someone else’s taste aligns with our own. Maybe use “levels of like?”
I don't think we say anything that is in contradiction? However, if it's just blanket statements and without the respect others deserve I for one am not interested. Nobody here "declares" what is the truth in product and/or sound quality as far as I am concerned. Not the thread starter, not the mods, not the members. That's why we consider this a nice community.

drftr

May 10, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #88,839 of 89,832
How often do you hear the ringing with Fei Wan? I’m hearing from a friend who has the SP3000T and is using it with Campfire Fathom that the tube mode is just about unusable with very sensitive gear. This obviously doesn’t apply to me with me using Storm and sets that aren’t so sensitive, but now I’m curious just how noisy it can get. I received my purchased unit yesterday but I haven’t unboxed it yet as I’m waiting for more data on this.
The ringing not often (like once in the last 6 hours but i am also not moving around). It dies down after a few seconds. The 'eeee' is more prevalent but its not noisy with FW. Its quite faint and not always there. If i plug in the power its louder then dies down.

May 10, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #88,840 of 89,832
RU-7 is a great deal.

But the CCA Trio has got to be the deal of the century. No, it does not dethrone the Trifectas or the Monachaas. But how could it? Still, its 3 DDs are very well-tuned as a Harmon-ish/generalist set only lacking flagship-level technicals. Close, but those last bits of depth and layering and musical timbre are missing. Still they would make the ultimate travel set - heck you could travel with 3 pairs for under $100... Pair with RU7 or DC-Elite and you could be quite happy for under $500....
After I saw your post, I ordered one from Amazon and it is delivered. I am now listening this $45 CCA Trio with a $800 cable, but it is unbelievably good!

Just wanted to share a picture from my most recent review of the TRN Conch. As an ultra-budget set I'm sure the interest here is minimal at best but I thought the thread might enjoy a nice audiophile picture all the same 😄
1000020598.jpg
Did you photoshop your picture? Otherwise, I would like to know how did you shoot this, beautiful!

May 10, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #88,841 of 89,832
UM MM.jpg

Unique Melody Multiverse Mentor (CIEM)

i will let it break in for 48 hours or so before trying them.

DAP:
iBasso 320 Max TI (3400$)
Cable:
Double Helix Mini Chimera Cable (3000$)

i am coming from 64 Audio A18s, A18t and i also tried Elysian Acoustics Annihilator 2023 (stock cable)

will post initial impressions sometime next week, and follow it up with a final review later.

May 10, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #88,842 of 89,832
After I saw your post, I ordered one from Amazon and it is delivered. I am now listening this $45 CCA Trio with a $800 cable, but it is unbelievably good!

Did you photoshop your picture? Otherwise, I would like to know how did you shoot this, beautiful!
Thanks so much! Actually I don't use any photoshop these are all just taken on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. I do a little bit of post processing by tweaking some things like the contrast, brightness, and such but that's about it. This particular picture was taken on a cutting board that my mother in law has and it was a very sunny day so the lighting was really nice.

May 10, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #88,843 of 89,832
I’ve been using my new SP3000T the last few days with the Annihilator, Trifecta, Jewel, Mentor, Rn6, Bonneville, and Titan. I’m not having any ringing issues at all. The WiFi leaves a little to be desired. But I’m loving both the Tube and Hybrid modes on this DAP. It’s a much different tube sound signature than my N30LE. Much more lush and emotive. So far I’m very happy with my purchase.

May 10, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #88,844 of 89,832
Yea, this is exactly my problem. ddHiFi has a nice stand I'm considering https://cn.ddhifi.com/en/product/hs210/ but you can't really get the face of the IEM, just a whole body shot. Some of the jewelry stuff has the right idea but yea the ones I've seen are pretty ugly.

Yeah, that suffers from the same problem that jewelry displays do, in that it's too large and open. Not enough focus is given to the subject, whether that be IEMs or cables or whatever. I'm lucky in that I came across a miniature hand a while back, and I've been repurposing that for a lot of my shots.

JomoAlphaTi.jpg

EletechCassiel.jpg

It works okay for both wide and macro shots.

I need to find more stuff. But as you can tell, that's not easy to do.

Do you have any examples of the antiques? That's a cool idea I haven't thought of.

Not specifically... in the case of Peter McKinnon's work, it's more about vision and technique instead of the actual props themselves, which can vary wildly depending on what feeling he's going for:

May 10, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #88,845 of 89,832
Unique Melody Multiverse Mentor (CIEM)

i will let it break in for 48 hours or so before trying them.

Seriously? You got a new pair of IEMs and instead of immediately trying them you let them „burn in“ for 2 full days? What might break in there with all the BA drivers? And why not let it break in while in your ears??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back