The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 10, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #88,846 of 89,794
Seriously? You got a new pair of IEMs and instead of immediately trying them you let them „burn in“ for 2 full days? What might break in there with all the BA drivers? And why not let it break in while in your ears??
+1

I never have stuff burned-in. I want them to develop with me and me to develop with them.

@CharlyBrown How was the event in Munich?!

May 10, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #88,847 of 89,794
Seriously? You got a new pair of IEMs and instead of immediately trying them you let them „burn in“ for 2 full days? What might break in there with all the BA drivers? And why not let it break in while in your ears??
A reviewer gave me that advice. Also I know the sound will keep changing regardless over time, because my ear will keep getting used to the sound, hence why I said will post initial impressions before the review.

May 10, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #88,848 of 89,794
A reviewer gave me that advice. Also I know the sound will keep changing regardless over time, because my ear will keep getting used to the sound, hence why I said will post initial impressions before the review.
here my advice as a passionate headfier: put them in your ears now and enjoy it instead of waiting. Listening MM in this moment… just fantastic! :beerchug:

May 10, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #88,849 of 89,794
As you can see I'm a Koss KPH30i man myself, lol. I noticed in your sig you also have the 30i... I'm curious, how does it compare to the 40?

IMG_8681.jpeg
They all use the same driver, they sound quite similar all three. Personally I like the design more on KPH40, and its the most comfortable. The KPH30i with its plastic is more prone to crack, and have more ear pressure. This may change depending on how they fit, but KPH40 sound a little warmer for me.

The KPH30i can be good to change it up and use with large Grado Pads, make them both brighter and more spacious.

May 10, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #88,851 of 89,794
May 10, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #88,852 of 89,794
This is proven nonsense. I know we're not supposed to be negative here - but this isn't negative, it's a total myth & as the other chap had suggested/as science has proven time & time again, the only thing that can possibly happen is that they will deteriorate in quality.

May 10, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #88,854 of 89,794
This is proven nonsense. I know we're not supposed to be negative here - but this isn't negative, it's a total myth & as the other chap had suggested/as science has proven time & time again, the only thing that can possibly happen is that they will deteriorate in quality.
again , for the third time in two days, your opinion is your opinion. It’s irrelevant if you think it’s nonsense or you think it’s not proven. Burn in is real for a lot of us , both in the hobby and professionally involved in music ( most here don’t have to rely on their work history or background to be able to reinforce their opinion as more valid than others’).
It’s getting tiring to read your “opinions”.

May 10, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #88,856 of 89,794
This is eggshell treading territory now... and I don't appreciate your snarky tone at all.

Sorry, where are the rules about what we're allowed to have & not have opinions about?
you are most certainly allowed to have your opinion.
It’s just that this community doesn’t care if you hate or you think something is nonsense, since it’s music, personal emotion and connection.

You’d be the next in a series of users banned for how they express their opinion on the forum, that is all.

May 10, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #88,858 of 89,794
This is proven nonsense.

It’s rare that any given opinion is a problem. But as to how opinions are shared/stated:

Curb any urge you may have to flippantly dismiss someone's opinion. (Examples: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" or "That's bull"). Don't take comments personally. Just as music tastes are subjective, so is the equipment used. Remember that differences in opinions about headphones and IEMs and other audio gear are due to people listening to different music at different volumes, both which considerably alter the perceived sound!

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/posting-guidelines.14048/#discussion

May 10, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #88,859 of 89,794
you are most certainly allowed to have your opinion.
It’s just that this community doesn’t care if you hate or you think something is nonsense, since it’s music, personal emotion and connection.

You’d be the next in a series of users banned for how they express their opinion on the forum, that is all.

But you're allowed to be an absolute gobshite and say things like 'most here don’t have to rely on their work history or background to be able to reinforce their opinion as more valid than others'???

Extremely rude & totally uncalled for.

Be careful your hands aren't dirty before you start pointing fingers.

May 10, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #88,860 of 89,794
But you're allowed to be an absolute gobshite and say things like 'most here don’t have to rely on their work history or background to be able to reinforce their opinion as more valid than others'???

Extremely rude & totally uncalled for.

Be careful your hands aren't dirty before you start pointing fingers.
I rest my case 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back