The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 7, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #88,549 of 90,204
The Pico Origa SE: This is something really special. Featuring an all tube pre-amp, using a full size 12AU7, along with a solid state output, makes this little amp somewhat similar to the Riviera AC-10 in theory.

What a great post!!

I have the AIC10 and it's my all-time favorite amp. Anything I ever plug into it shines beyond belief (this evening I'm having a vintage evening with it and the MDR-R10; made more than 30 years apart, they create an exquisite "harmony of 10's"😉)

I've never heard of the Pico Origa SE - that is such an incredibly attractive value prop for me, being able to tube roll in a mobile amp; not the least, with a ubiquitous 12au7 -- where does one buy this amp?

Thanks.. 🙏

the Riviera has all the best aspects of the Pico, but obviously way more power, top notch technicals, fully balanced

Just FYI, the Riviera AIC10 is completely single ended. The latest model number AIC10-Bal denotes that it acceptes balacned XLR inputs, but it converts them to single-ended (so whether you use RCA or XLR inputs into this amp, they will be identical; the XLR input conversion offers convenience for those who want to use such cables, and common mode noise cancellation for the interconntect cables). The internal circuitry of the amp is single ended (similarly, the choice of 1/4" or 4-pin XLR headphone outs is offered for convenience of being able to use both types of headphone cable plugs; the same power and sound is served in both). The AIC10's tremendous power comes from its SS class A output stage (the amp actually has 3 stages: tube triode, BJT, and MOSFET).

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #88,550 of 90,204
Once I made digital art on my phone for about two years through the pandemic. I stopped when I finally could live my life again. Yesterday I felt like I wanted to create another one. This is it.
1000133923-01.jpeg

Here is the music I listened to while making the picture, to stay vaguely on topic for this thread:

May 8, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #88,551 of 90,204
Here is the music I listened to while making the picture, to stay vaguely on topic for this thread:
I think of art as a kind of philosophical expression, so perfectly on topic for me. Share the works you liked best and we will take a look deep inside your skull.

drftr

May 8, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #88,552 of 90,204
I think of art as a kind of philosophical expression, so perfectly on topic for me. Share the works you liked best and we will take a look deep inside your skull.

drftr
Most of it got lost when I deleted my social media accounts. But I have some of them left on a cloud server somewhere. Will take a peek later. It's all pretty abstract though. Thanks for your interest. :)

May 8, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #88,553 of 90,204
I've never heard of the Pico Origa SE - that is such an incredibly attractive value prop for me, being able to tube roll in a mobile amp; not the least, with a ubiquitous 12au7 -- where does one buy this amp?
It was produced in a very small batch and was discontinued a long time ago. I know of 2 Origa SEs, but probably more were made.
It also works with 6DJ8 type tubes and their equivalents, which greatly expands the possibilities for sound tuning.

May 8, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #88,554 of 90,204
Once I made digital art on my phone for about two years through the pandemic. I stopped when I finally could live my life again. Yesterday I felt like I wanted to create another one. This is it.
1000133923-01.jpeg

Keep those creations coming! 🍺

May 8, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #88,555 of 90,204
Hello coolers, received the EU Tour set from @Charlyro222 few minutes ago. As I am from Munich and attending the high end, I can take it to the fair if someone is interested to check it. @Sebastien Chiu who is next on the line ? I can not find the list right now. I will send it by the second part of next week.

Attachments

• IMG_7036.jpeg
    IMG_7036.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
May 8, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #88,556 of 90,204
Hello coolers, received the EU Tour set from @Charlyro222 few minutes ago. As I am from Munich and attending the high end, I can take it to the fair if someone is interested to check it. @Sebastien Chiu who is next on the line ? I can not find the list right now. I will send it by the second part of next week.
Is the one on the right Quad Copper?

May 8, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #88,557 of 90,204
I'm also from Munich and will be attending highend on Sat and Sun. Interested in seeing and hearing the cables if it's fine with you.

May 8, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #88,558 of 90,204
Is the one on the right Quad Copper?
I think it is x6 series 2 wires and the both XL Cooper variants but can't find the information about the tour units in my history.
I'm also from Munich and will be attending highend on Sat and Sun. Interested in seeing and hearing the cables if it's fine with you.
I will take it with me. Drop me a PM on Saturday an we will make it happen. Cheers

May 8, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #88,559 of 90,204
Nice light this morning.

IMG_3764.jpeg

May 8, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #88,560 of 90,204

drftr

From the opening post on page 1: "While discussion will obviously be centred around portable audio and everything relating to it there is no “off topic” here so long as the tone is respectful and and the vibe sincere."

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back