The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 10, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #85,982 of 88,403
Does anyone have suggestion on a good budget dongle/dap for the Oriolus Monachaa? Ideally something like the Quedlix 5k. (Bluetooth is a big plus) Trying to keep the cost down since my budget is somewhat limited.
That's a hungry iem...gonna need a powerful dongle. DC Elite?

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #85,983 of 88,403
Hah! I was just looking at that one. The Nightjar Singularity also has piqued my interest.
Taking buying advice from someone here is one thing, but taking buying advice from someone who even hasn't heard the IEMs himself is another.

I could ask my mum if you want me to.

drftr

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #85,984 of 88,403

Greetings ladies and jellyspoons! :) You might notice that my name has changed - it's still me Tokpa - but after a lot of requests and good advice I have started my own review website! And along with the new site, comes a new name here. In part, to keep some anonymity from the "real world," as I need to keep my audioquest (addiction) separate from my professional /personal life. The other is simply, I love the new name, and where it can go for me. A site for all my reviews, a place to share my favorite music and new inspirations, as well as my guitar playing and general audio banter and musings. It's a bit bare bones for now, more to add, but I invite you all to check it out if you like.

www.tonetexturesoul.com

As a guitarist, I was always in search of the perfect tone. Every cable, every pedal, their order, the amps and tubes. With portable audio I am the same: in search of the perfect synergy, that perfect chain that erases the world and sucks you into the portal that is music. Tones, textures, and always a bit of soul.
My sincere congratulations on this your new adventure on the web. I'm sure your reviews / impressions will be appreciated by a large audience of audiophiles and simple users who love music 👏👍👌

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #85,985 of 88,403
Aye, im so tired after the sg show. not super good at writing reviews but here is some short notes that I jotted down during the show.

15) Noble Bluetooth Headphone - Supposedly 3 different types of drivers. Clean and Fast sound. Could be bassier.

Clarification:

Two drivers per side:

1 Dynamic
+
1 Planar

Screenshot_20240410_140503_Gallery.jpg

16) Noble Onyx - Nice and fun sound. Enjoyable but slightly sibilant. Prefer this over the viking

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #85,986 of 88,403
Worldwide Watercooler Family-- 3 incredible gatherings spanning 3 continents.

210FBB63-63CB-48B4-AC26-0899081DC0E0.JPEG
I wish i reach on time next year to get myself included in the picture hehe. here's the ones that i clicked(where I am included hehe).
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 3.53.52 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 3.53.53 PM.jpeg

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #85,988 of 88,403
Apr 10, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #85,989 of 88,403
Do you know how the Meteor, Helios and Helios SE compare in terms of size as well? Thank you :)
Sorry no. I’ve not heard these iems as well :)

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #85,990 of 88,403
What is your opinions on the best all rounder out of Supermoon or Bonneville ? I currently have the Supermoon and listen to a wide genre on music.
Unfortunately I’m unable to demo the Bonneville, for reference I purchased and send back the cascara found it a bit muddy in the bass.
Thanks in advance

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #85,991 of 88,403
What is your opinions on the best all rounder out of Supermoon or Bonneville ? I currently have the Supermoon and listen to a wide genre on music.
Unfortunately I’m unable to demo the Bonneville, for reference I purchased and send back the cascara found it a bit muddy in the bass.
Thanks in advance
Bonneville is much more on the bassy and thiccc lush side of things.. personally, I prefer Bonneville but supermoon is more clean and technical.. Depends what your priorities are.. both have great resolution at the price

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #85,992 of 88,403
Thanks in advance
Bonneville is much more on the bassy and thiccc lush side of things.. personally, I prefer Bonneville but supermoon is more clean and technical.. Depends what your priorities are.. both have great resolution at the price
You can argue for either but my take would be the Bonneville sounding more balanced overall. I think they are both quite bass heavy but the Bonneville does not have the spicyness up top that the Supermoon has.

I think they can both be used for a variety of music. Compared to the Supermoon the Bonneville adds warmth, lushness and soul. I only just got it but I love it to bits.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #85,993 of 88,403
Posting this size comparo here as well, in case it helps anyone. L to R: 634ears Miroak-II, Symphonium Titan, Elysian Diva (tilted to show its longest side)

IMG_4718.jpeg

IMG_4716.jpeg

Diva is a chonky one for me, almost too large for long-term comfort. Miroak-II is small, which makes it a bit difficult to use heavy cables with. Titan is just about Goldilocks in size. No wings or quasi-custom moulding, so likely to fit more ears even if it may not be the most comfortable or provide the most support for some. And no sharp edges.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #85,994 of 88,403
Do you know how the Meteor, Helios and Helios SE compare in terms of size as well? Thank you :)

Helios vs Meteor pictured below. I've covered the sonic performance in my review here. From what I know, Helios SE is supposed to be a more ergonomic design fit wise. Don't know if the shell size is smaller or not.

Symphonium Audio All 3.jpeg

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #85,995 of 88,403
Posting this size comparo here as well, in case it helps anyone. L to R: 634ears Miroak-II, Symphonium Titan, Elysian Diva (tilted to show its longest side)

IMG_4718.jpeg

IMG_4716.jpeg

Diva is a chonky one for me, almost too large for long-term comfort. Miroak-II is small, which makes it a bit difficult to use heavy cables with. Titan is just about Goldilocks in size. No wings or quasi-custom moulding, so likely to fit more ears even if it may not be the most comfortable or provide the most support for some. And no sharp edges.
Do tips stay on Titan? :thinking::thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back