The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #85,517 of 88,185
What a thing of beauty..!!

Came back to me finally after completing the audition tour. I was initially blown away. For the design, I like this older faceplate more than the anniversary edition.
Hisenior Mega5EST. I completed the photoshoot and will share it with you soon. Unbelievably good looking.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 19.15.17_3e3d4a35.jpg

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #85,518 of 88,185
WOW that's surprise for me. After having B3 and E5000...and trying several different balanced cables, none of them was right for Finals.
It's not because the sound wasn't good with those cables; it's because they altered the sound, signature, and magic sound that I love from Final IEMs.
Basically, the A8000 are still on my list. There are not many others that I wish to buy after everything I have bought to this point.
The only thing about the stock cables that I would like to change is that they are softer, 30 cm longer, and balanced versions.
Other than that...I love it.

Cheers!
About the A8000, never forget that these are (at least for me and another person I know) reeaaaaaal difficult to get a perfect/good fit with. I've had them for several months now, and only recently did I stumble on the perfect match: custom eartips (from CustomArts incidentally).
My ears aren't small (nor are they big), and except for a marked dissymetry, I've always been able to find the correct eartips now that we have so many options at hand. Unfortunately, after 20 or 30+ tries, whenever I thought I got the sweet fit, the day after because of temperature change, it wouldn't do it (especially on my weird-shaped right ear).

But with the custom eartips... Oh yeah. Those babies are true marvels. Bass like bottomless trenches and razor-sharp trebles (and, dare I say, almost too shy to my ears).

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #85,519 of 88,185
Thanks! No, I am not afraid of the design...isn't it the same, hmm, almost the same as B3?
B3 is totally a perfect fit for me!
Lately, I have been using Penon liqueur silicon tips, and they are truly amazing. In time, I will probably replace all other tips with them.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #85,523 of 88,185
Canjam Singapore Day Zero photos!

The Raal 1995 Immanis is friggin’ unbelievable. Had a bit of an emotional moment driving it off the VM1a.
Need to get my ears on that 👀🔥 what was the sound signature like on the raal 1995!??

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #85,524 of 88,185
Try Final type E . the black silicone one's , you can get them at Amazon for a good price . It did wonders for me . I think they bring out the micro dynamics more or in other words it makes the Supermoon sound more like a hybrid IEM . ( DD/balanced armature) . I was using the old symbio type w tips and the Supermoon and it sounded just like a hybrid for the lows but the midrange and the treble sounded like a planer driver would . To me it fixes one of the three problems I have with it , the other two are a sometimes peaky upper midrange and on a number of my recordings I felt it could use more mid bass to balance out the wonderful subbass it has . I hope this helps .
Thanks for the advice I’ve tried the E type and spiral dots,spinfit 145 / 200 and W1 Azla SednaEarfit Crystal currently using stock silicon just don’t think the Supermoon is for me can’t put my finger on it, at the moment I prefer my IE600

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #85,525 of 88,185
WOW that's surprise for me. After having B3 and E5000...and trying several different balanced cables, none of them was right for Finals.
It's not because the sound wasn't good with those cables; it's because they altered the sound, signature, and magic sound that I love from Final IEMs.
Basically, the A8000 are still on my list. There are not many others that I wish to buy after everything I have bought to this point.
The only thing about the stock cables that I would like to change is that they are softer, 30 cm longer, and balanced versions.
Other than that...I love it.

Cheers!
With cables it is always a matter of synergy and impossible to predict if a cable (irrespective of price) will work well. With the DITA Dream XLS, for instance, I never found a cable that paired better than stock. Similar to your experience, I felt they lost some of their magic with other cables.

For the A8000 I was thinking about cables such as the Eletech Sonnet of Adam or Effect Audio's Chiron. I have Sonnet of Adam, but in 2-pin and so haven't been able to try it, and I only had the Chiron on loan once before I got the A8000 in.

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #85,526 of 88,185
No no no! I said that I am done with this hobby. No coming back. Devil be gone! 😂
demon-devil.gif

That said, I really like the Final A8000, so I guess my treble "issues" have dissipated in recent times.

I hope the "Devil" reference wasn't directed at me :p

Oh, and the funny thing is, as I have mentioned not long ago, our "natural" ear aging takes care of these treble issues. I was using Trio as part of the pair-up/comparison in one of my recent reviews, and there were not as many complaints about its treble as I had back in 2017 when I reviewed it lol

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #85,528 of 88,185
I hope the "Devil" reference wasn't directed at me :p
Haha! No, I just always have a soft spot for Piotr's work. 😉
Oh, and the funny thing is, as I have mentioned not long ago, our "natural" ear aging takes care of these treble issues. I was using Trio as part of the pair-up/comparison in one of my recent reviews, and there were not as many complaints about its treble as I had back in 2017 when I reviewed it lol
Yeah, I am getting old. Grey hairs appearing, getting more grumpy and the only reason I don't have a beer belly is that I don't like beer. 😂
Erik is incredible: Gets out of the hobby 1 wk before our meetup in A'dam. Then gets back in 1 wk after. Can't make this up... :wink:

drftr
That would have been darn offensive if true. After all you achieved with the meet. 😉 Don't worry, I'm not back. Just wrapping up a few things around here (PMs, etc).

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #85,529 of 88,185
This just arrived today, and it''s.... insanely good. Nightjar Sovereign Symphony is 🔥🔥🐐! @Chang you mad genius, this might be the best cable I've ever heard. Better than Orpheus? Need more time, but leaning that way. 😮 Seriously.

Full review coming soon, so stay tuned. Traillii Ti + NJ SS + LP6 Ti AE is absolutely incredible ❤️

TKP - TE 4SALE HF - 9.jpg

IMG_2976.JPG
IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_2983.JPG

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #85,530 of 88,185

Users who are viewing this thread

Back