The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #84,302 of 88,290
Can’t wait to make an appearance on Irish prime time TV!
It's gonna cost him but I bet it's worth it.

drftr
Oh man, that's happening too??
I too would love to be seen live on TV by 6 bored Irish grandmas sipping tea and making scarves ...

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #84,303 of 88,290
VE Aura Impressions:

I had enough time to listen to VE Aura. However something felt off. Sounding peaky (hearing considerably of treble on one end) so I waited to post impressions until it got measured by TGX:

He found that the right side had a DD that wasn't working.

Besides that, from the left side of the iem, I found it to sound more like the Phonix LE but going for a warm yet balanced approach. The tuning had me gravitate towards more polite music (Singer song writer, classical). Mids were the highlight. As for aggressive music like Metal, I yearned for more bass quantity and dynamics which an iem like Volur was suited better for.
I'm sorry it's hard to take seriously a review of just the left earphone 😂

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #84,304 of 88,290
Depends on how much bass you want.
Well, that’s a given for any recommendation one makes to another person. Unfortunately, we can’t read each other’s minds. :D But, based on “bass first without bleeding into the midrange,” I don’t see how Singularity doesn’t fit the bill.

Hello, could someone who has heard both the Bonneville and Singuarity post a comparison between the two? Trying to decide between them as they are at similar price points.
The Bonneville is the more exciting, contrast-y one of the two. It’s got more lows and highs, and it’s got better technique out of the box. Though, its midrange has a more unique timbre compared to the Singularity. It’s got this dense, boxy, 2kHz-emphasized sorta sound where instruments sound denser and deeper than what I’d call natural. The Singularity’s much more normal in that sense. So, it depends on how you like your mids.

Mar 22, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #84,305 of 88,290
I have been down this path so I can share some recommendations:
  • MTMT Audio has some nice options.
  • I own this one from NiceHCK - very nice. A bit bukly but very well-made.
  • If you have the stomach for it, Brise will make you a custom PentaconnEar cable.
  • Lavricables will also make cables. Not crazy price.
  • Finally Effect, Vortex and any other ConX-compatible cables will work. You just have to buy the PentaconnEar module.
I hope that helps. Good. luck.
I think Plussound would fit the bill as well as their whole range of cables can be adjusted for all features.

drftr

Mar 22, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #84,306 of 88,290
This little DAP really surprised me at CanJam. For such a small, inexpensive device to output such warm, powerful sound. I definitely want to try it out some more, was really great.

My pet peeve with its predecessor was how quickly fatiguing it became.

Admittedly, it's an issue I also had with the PAW6K which shared the same DAC (AK4493) and loath.

I eventually had to concede that AKM's tuning wasn't for me. Sony all the way from now on — happier than ever :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #84,307 of 88,290
Mar 22, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #84,308 of 88,290
I think Plussound would fit the bill as well as their whole range of cables can be adjusted for all features.

drftr

Yes, we can do what is being asked. Feel free to reach out with any questions OP!

For a good fit with the Anni 2023, hopefully we still have some Quad Copper available for you. The X6 would also do well with the Anni 2023 if you're more on a budget.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #84,309 of 88,290
Oh man, that's happening too??
I too would love to be seen live on TV by 6 bored Irish grandmas sipping tea and making scarves ...
Been there, the grandma energy is rejuvenating. 😄

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #84,310 of 88,290
Been there, the grandma energy is rejuvenating. 😄
They gel very well together. @Scuba Devils + Grandma's = Synergy. It's an easy way to memorize the definition of synergy. And to make things easier we have put them all in on particular district in 💋msterdam.

drftr

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #84,311 of 88,290
Looking good! 🍺

Maui has always been special. How has it recovered from the fires? The Montage Kapalua Bay one of our most memorable stays in Hawaii.

The Pentaconn ear connectors make it a bit challenging to cable roll Anni.
Maybe trial effect audio? They have the CON-X adapters.

Speaking of effect audio, been meaning to see if anyone has done a comparison between the Singapore top end cables. e.g. EA centurion v Eletech parnassus series v Nightjar Symphony

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #84,313 of 88,290
Also because it’s technically an A&K product he may be waiting a while for service. It has to go to Korea first, you can’t send it directly to VE.
This unit has been confirmed to be a tour unit which sickens me because many have now heard a broken version of my favorite iem hopefully everyone can get their ears on Aura again but in a proper manner (dramatic voice) 🍼😖

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #84,314 of 88,290
Maybe trial effect audio? They have the CON-X adapters.
Yep, thankfully the Dr. Juggles cable I have has ConX connectors. My first cable with ConX and I'm really liking the flexibility of being able to use one cable across IEMs with different connector types.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #84,315 of 88,290
Wish you all a great time in Amsterdam fellow Eurocoolers! Hopefully cu next time... 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back