The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 20, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #84,166 of 87,710
You are really asking in the wrong place. The guys here will talk you up to a $3,000 DAP 😂

I have an M3 Ultra along with some higher spec gear and the little M3 Ultra does a good job with any IEM in my opinion.

In terms of power it has plenty for IEM, in terms of sound it is really no different to other modern gear. Many will talk of significant sound differences between gear but I think that is exaggerated at best. I don’t want to get into that conversation here because this thread is frequented by users of often the highest end gear who more often than not have a rather different opinion to mine on that subject.

If you are somewhat new to this I offer that the M3 Ultra will do a fine job, will give you a lot of enjoyment and you can try different equipment in time and decide for yourself what you hear and what you don’t.

The best IEM....or my favourite form what I have now is Monarc MK III.

In terms of operation, M3/M6 Ultra should be very similar, if not identical, given they have the same 665 SD , right? Also from specs...even if the M6 battery has higher capacity....the M3 seems to last longer, I guess this is lass power hungry. Do you think this is true?

One last thing: build quality and design are almost identical as they seem in the pictures ?

Thank a lot!!!

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #84,167 of 87,710
The best IEM....or my favourite form what I have now is Monarc MK III.

In terms of operation, M3/M6 Ultra should be very similar, if not identical, given they have the same 665 SD , right? Also from specs...even if the M6 battery has higher capacity....the M3 seems to last longer, I guess this is lass power hungry. Do you think this is true?

One last thing: build quality and design are almost identical as they seem in the pictures ?

Thank a lot!!!

I have a few good IEM and they sound as good off the M3 Ultra as any other DAP or DAC/amplifier I have.

I don’t have any experience with M6 but I would expect you are right. The M3 Ultra has Android 10 and is very similar in operation to my FiiO M11 Plus.

Yes I imagine you are correct about the battery life. It is certainly pretty good, easily more than all day from streaming services using IEM.

I can’t compare to M6 but again I imagine you are correct about both being essentially the same build quality. The build quality is good. I do prefer the build of the FiiO M11 Plus but the difference really is only the volume wheel versus the rocker button on the FiiO and the SD card slot plastic cover versus a nicer tray on the FiiO.

Like I said I do prefer my M11 Plus and if the extra cost was OK you might want to look at the soon to be released M23 which is the replacement for the M11 Plus.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...ts-dual-core-fast-charging-1000mw-32Ω.972077/

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #84,168 of 87,710
I'll just leave this here. The most beautiful (and beautiful sounding) 64 Audio IEM I've had the pleasure of owning. Review coming soon.

PSX_20240320_122901.jpg

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #84,169 of 87,710
I'll just leave this here. The most beautiful (and beautiful sounding) 64 Audio IEM I've had the pleasure of owning. Review coming soon.

PSX_20240320_122901.jpg
e twelve? hm. One would think with all the shenaniganry and price tags of the radioactive 6 series they'd far be outstripping smth like that

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #84,170 of 87,710

You joined the review clique! :beyersmile: great faceplate, is it the same coloür as the Volür?

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #84,171 of 87,710
My very own Mjolnir will be in house today, looking forward to having it back, getting some nice unboxing pictures and getting my review posted for you guys.

On other big news for myself....my lovely ciem Vikings are complete and en route to me soon. Thank you very much @FullCircle you and your team did an absolutely outstanding job. They are gorgeous and turned out better than imagined.
20240316211534.jpg
20240316211525.jpg
20240316211514.jpg

Mar 20, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #84,172 of 87,710
You joined the review clique! :beyersmile: great faceplate, is it the same coloür as the Volür?
Ha, I've been reviewing for almost three years now (almost two of those with THL). But thanks, yes, same faceplate material as Volür (and inspired by my Volür review). New Zealand purple paua abalone faceplates with gloss black shell, paired with the new PW Audio 1960s MkII.

Mar 20, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #84,173 of 87,710
Ha, I've been reviewing for almost three years now (almost two of those with THL). But thanks, yes, same faceplate material as Volür (and inspired by my Volür review). New Zealand purple paua abalone faceplates with gloss black shell, paired with the new PW Audio 1960s MkII.
Oh no no, I was mentioning the 64 audio review clique you and @twister6 joked about here a while ago, might've been overly specific, apologies :)

Mar 20, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #84,174 of 87,710
Oh no no, I was mentioning the 64 audio review clique you and @twister6 joked about here a while ago, might've been overly specific, apologies :)

yeah, I think I was kicked out of that clique due to lack of my "enthusiasm" :p If I need to hear new 64audio stuff, I can always borrow it from Bloom :D

Mar 20, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #84,175 of 87,710

PSX_20240320_122901.jpg
which IEM is this?

Mar 20, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #84,180 of 87,710
Ah, gotcha, sorry. Yes, I unofficially reviewed a bunch of 64 Audio IEMs on HF a few years ago, and then just recently got the official opportunity to review Volür and now N8 more formally.

I'm a huge 64 Audio fan, but mostly of their older stuff. I popped my high-end IEM cherry with U12t, followed it up with Nio, Trio and Fourte. Haven't owned one for a while, but in putting together my best-of-bass high-end IEM collection over the past year or so, I realised it would never be complete without a 64 Audio IEM.

And what better IEM than the one they literally designed from the bass up?

So here we are. 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back