The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 19, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #84,151 of 88,637
Perhaps you might be intrigued about this down the horizon... It was teased and shown at Canjam NYC

1710877501321.png
yes, this will be most interesting. :)

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #84,152 of 88,637
Totally agree with you.
I have the DC Ti which is, from my understanding, the custom version of the Creator since 1.5 years and it sound so good, so musical, timbre is just right, I'm never disappointed. And even if I was able to listen to other TOTL and was able to recognize their highly technical skills in some fields always find the DC Ti more pleasant, more cohesive, there is something like a real emotional link between this set and the music, they always do justice to the artist work IMO.
They re-release the DC Creator due to popular demand but the price is even higher than before. I agree they are a good IEM.

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #84,153 of 88,637
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #84,156 of 88,637
Like the purple cable on the UM Max
It's pretty indeed. An Erua Audio Vidar Alter II cable. Zero microphonics or ugly memory.
1000136048.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #84,158 of 88,637
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #84,159 of 88,637
I am looking to buy a DAP. Somehow I have settled on Shanling and I want to choose between M3 Ultra and M6 Ultra.
Has anyone tried these? Does the more expensive one make a noticeable difference in sound .
Considering that the IEMs I have don't need too much power....so there cheaper one would be enough for this perspective.

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #84,160 of 88,637
Mar 20, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #84,162 of 88,637
I am looking to buy a DAP. Somehow I have settled on Shanling and I want to choose between M3 Ultra and M6 Ultra.
Has anyone tried these? Does the more expensive one make a noticeable difference in sound .
Considering that the IEMs I have don't need too much power....so there cheaper one would be enough for this perspective.

You are really asking in the wrong place. The guys here will talk you up to a $3,000 DAP 😂

I have an M3 Ultra along with some higher spec gear and the little M3 Ultra does a good job with any IEM in my opinion.

In terms of power it has plenty for IEM, in terms of sound it is really no different to other modern gear. Many will talk of significant sound differences between gear but I think that is exaggerated at best. I don’t want to get into that conversation here because this thread is frequented by users of often the highest end gear who more often than not have a rather different opinion to mine on that subject.

If you are somewhat new to this I offer that the M3 Ultra will do a fine job, will give you a lot of enjoyment and you can try different equipment in time and decide for yourself what you hear and what you don’t.

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #84,163 of 88,637
Another great Tiny Desk video, not my ususal type of music but this was good.

Have you seen the T-Pain and Usher ones? Truly great. Tiny Desk is a great showcase for skilled musicians and just good old plain show of artistry.

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #84,165 of 88,637
Have you seen the T-Pain and Usher ones? Truly great. Tiny Desk is a great showcase for skilled musicians and just good old plain show of artistry.
The T-Pain concert is one I share to my friends to this day. Check out what I consider to be the spiritual sequel to that video, T-Pain's recent live concert at the Sun Rose. His vocals have come so far. His cover of Tennessee Whiskey is outrageous:

Ooh will give those a try. I think Mac Miller/Men I Trust are my current favourite Tiny Desk performances.
Aside from the Hiromi and Thundercat ones I've shared in the past, here are some of my favorite vocal-focused ones:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back