The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #84,181 of 88,719
Couldn’t resist a recent deal on Amazon for the Hiby R3 II - love the size, not too small like the Shanling M0 Pro but still very light and compact… perfect for out walking etc.

IMG_2264.jpeg

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #84,183 of 88,719
M0 Pro is not too small...you have too big hands...and fingers :wink:
M0 is perfect! :ksc75smile:

Cheers!

And aging eyes… have to squint each time I try it 😂

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #84,184 of 88,719
And aging eyes… have to squint each time I try it 😂
But the good thing with M0 is that...you have, how many lines, 3? You can't miss much even if you try :)
It's the cutest thing in the whole Hi Fi industry :)

Hiby is fine, too; I have R2. I thought that was small...when I got M0 I couldn't stop laughing...just love that thing :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #84,185 of 88,719
Ah, gotcha, sorry. Yes, I unofficially reviewed a bunch of 64 Audio IEMs on HF a few years ago, and then just recently got the official opportunity to review Volür and now N8 more formally.

I'm a huge 64 Audio fan, but mostly of their older stuff. I popped my high-end IEM cherry with U12t, followed it up with Nio, Trio and Fourte. Haven't owned one for a while, but in putting together my best-of-bass high-end IEM collection over the past year or so, I realised it would never be complete without a 64 Audio IEM.

And what better IEM than the one they literally designed from the bass up?

So here we are. 🤗
Ooh N8’s pretty much the only 64 iem I ever liked 😂

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #84,186 of 88,719
Couldn’t resist a recent deal on Amazon for the Hiby R3 II - love the size, not too small like the Shanling M0 Pro but still very light and compact… perfect for out walking etc.

IMG_2264.jpeg
I’m in the process of slowing down a bit in this hobby for more important life stuff, but I really need something like this I think. Just a little FLAC player.

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #84,187 of 88,719
I’m in the process of slowing down a bit in this hobby for more important life stuff, but I really need something like this I think. Just a little FLAC player.
Love small portable players

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #84,189 of 88,719
It was supposed to be just a paragraph in my CanJam NYC report, but I decided to borrow Traillii Ti from Musicteck after the show for a few days to put together a more detailed write up and comparison without going by memory. Enjoy the read!

oriolus-traillii-ti-01.jpg oriolus-traillii-ti-02.jpg
oriolus-traillii-ti-03.jpg oriolus-traillii-ti-04.jpg

... and since many of you ping me about measurements, enjoy these squiggles :wink: Ti with stock (in red) and 1960 (in green) cables looks the same in the graph, while JP (in blue) is different across bass and treble.

oriolus-traillii-ti-21-FR.jpg

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #84,190 of 88,719
It was supposed to be just a paragraph in my CanJam NYC report, but I decided to borrow Traillii Ti from Musicteck after the show for a few days to put together a more detailed write up and comparison without going by memory. Enjoy the read!

... and since many of you ping me about measurements, enjoy these squiggles :wink: Ti with stock (in red) and 1960 (in green) cables looks the same in the graph, while JP (in blue) is different across bass and treble.

Thanks for the impressions!

I am playing with fire here. I have asked Andrew to demo it so I can spend more time with it outside of the show floor environment. I really loved this set but the entire time all I could think about was the price. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it at home... I think. 🙈

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #84,191 of 88,719
Thanks for the impressions!

I am playing with fire here. I have asked Andrew to demo it so I can spend more time with it outside of the show floor environment. I really loved this set but the entire time all I could think about was the price. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it at home... I think. 🙈
Maybe borrowing someone’s OG alongside would be prudent? Or ask Andrew to send an OG demo along? To have an accurate view of the differences and whether they are worth the (large) price difference.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #84,192 of 88,719

I really enjoy your reviews, thanks for sharing !

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #84,193 of 88,719

IMG_2264.jpeg
Cool, I have the older model R3Pro, without a volume wheel, and I find it the best player in this size. For months I even forgot it does Qobuz as well. It's such a versatile player, I prefer it to the Sony A306; find it faster and sturdier.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #84,194 of 88,719
Maybe borrowing someone’s OG alongside would be prudent? Or ask Andrew to send an OG demo along? To have an accurate view of the differences and whether they are worth the (large) price difference.

I'm not particularly interested in comparing them if I'm honest, and after reading @twister6 impressions it basically lines up exactly with how I heard the Ti relative to the OG (from memory).

I've had an obsession with the Traillii Ti aesthetics ever since it was announced late in 2022. I just want to spend more time with them and have a nice session without needing to blast my ears in the process.

Now we just pray I don't get an emotional attachment to them and feel like I need to own them. 😅

Edit: okay nvm I have an OG coming as well, so I will get to compare them.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #84,195 of 88,719
I'm not particularly interested in comparing them if I'm honest, and after reading @twister6 impressions it basically lines up exactly with how I heard the Ti relative to the OG (from memory).

I've had an obsession with the Traillii Ti aesthetics ever since it was announced late in 2022. I just want to spend more time with them and have a nice session without needing to blast my ears in the process.

Now we just pray I don't get an emotional attachment to them and feel like I need to own them. 😅

Edit: okay nvm I have an OG coming as well, so I will get to compare them.
Good stuff. Yes, the pics will be great I am sure, with the Lotoo! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back