The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 8, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #83,161 of 87,782
Hello everyone,

I have a question whose answer might be obvious and something everyone should know already, yet I don't.

Does a 0.78mm 2-pin cable fit like the Odin Stormbreaker (PWA 1960) fit into 64Audio U18s?
According to 64Audio they use 0.75mm pins.
Does that 0.03mm really make a difference and is the pitch the same?

Any experiences and input are highly appreciated!

🙏🙏🙏🙏
Don't mix them. A .78 plugged into a .75 will expand the socket. It works, but the problem comes when you plug a normal .75 cable in. The .75 will now be too loose, and the physical/electrical connection will be so bad that it is unusable. QDC users are very aware of this problem.

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #83,163 of 87,782
I gotta say - I think the Anni 23 bass is PLENTY. I'm not sure where people see it lacking. I don't think it has rich bass texture, but there's plenty of it.

I think Musicteck is demoing the new Elysian at Canjam this weekend. No doubt impressions will surface.
Elysian Pilgrim....their first entry into a sub $1,000 IEM....!!

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #83,164 of 87,782
Does anyone know when the new Elysian Acoustic flagship will be announced/released?

Kind of debating whether I should buy the Annihilator or just wait until the next flagship is out.
The only thing that is keeping me from buying the Annihilator is the somewhat lackluster bass that people are talking about.
I haven't actually heard it yet though.
As far as I know, they are still working on the driver configurations.

Another thing, rumor has it that it might be priced @ $6 K.

If you like the Anni, go for it man. They don't depreciate much.

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #83,165 of 87,782
That's a 0.03 mm difference. Probably under a microscope, hard to notice.
How many times do people change cables anyway...ten times a day?

I never had any issues, sorry.

Cheers!
It doesn't happen right away, but over time, all CM sockets will loosen. The .78 speeds up the degradation, and it happens faster.
I've experienced a QDC becoming unusable because of this.
If you have not, and you are happy, then nothing more to be said.
Each person can make their own decision.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #83,166 of 87,782
Not necessarily. I’d venture to guess none of us know what a missile strike or nuclear bomb sounds like in real life, but when we see them in movies, we can intuit how powerful or impactful they are based on how they sound. The same applies to note weight. When an IEM renders music with good weight, there’s a power and punch that come with it. So, even when we haven’t heard that exact instrument in real life, we’ll still be able to intuit its power, impact and weight.
Thank you for the explanation. This short paragraph is the clearest explanation of note weight for me.

I have been going a bit crazy and questioning my hearing abilities over the past few days trying to figure out the confusion over Note Weight.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #83,168 of 87,782
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #83,170 of 87,782
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #83,171 of 87,782
This legendary ambient album by Aphex Twin is 30 years old this year - hard to believe I must say, time really does fly. Rumours of a reissue following a post from Warp records - I might finally get to own a copy on vinyl… prices for secondhand can be crazy depending upon the edition. Note the €17.99 in the snip below is a CD.

IMG_1775.jpeg

Anyway, starting my day with it via Perpetua and absolute sonic bliss as always.

Tidal HERE

I was one of the people who spotted “2024” printed on the label. I’ve been waiting ages for it and they better press it with “Stone in focus.”

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #83,172 of 87,782
I'm bringing some stuff from my personal collection to New York for friends to try, so I'd like to open the invitation to everyone again. I've listed some stuff that is harder to find in the West that might not be exhibited but might still be of interest. Do note that if our booth is busy, my attention will naturally be prioritized there, but you are still welcome to have a listen.

For IEMs: Goldplanar AMT16, Intime Miyabi mk2, Acoustune HS1657, Ice Labs Prismatica, Sony EX800ST, Acoustune HS1790 (their previous flagship before the HS2000, really worth a listen if you like single DDs)

Earbuds: Cypherus Audio Black Dragon Susvara, VE Sun Copper, Longyao/Yinman DR09, DQSM Turandot, Sony E888, Ourart QJ21, Rose Maria, Fiio EM5

On our end, Singularity, along with a near-final tuning of Duality, will be available for audition. A new prototype from Symphonium Audio will also be showcased. Come by if you need your bass itch scratched.

STORM will also be available for demo. We are putting the final touches on the regular edition, but since many have yet to hear it, we'll be showcasing a launch edition unit, so do drop by if you've yet to experience STORM or wish to hear it again!

Nightjar will also be showcasing our new line-up of cables. We have updated our website with full specs of each cable; check them out here: Cable Info. For those who stack, we will also have our full range of interconnects for demo alongside a prototype solid-core IC that we have been developing. Our cables and ICs cover quite a wide range of signatures and presentations, so do come by for a chat and demo if you're looking for an upgrade or for a specific pairing.

Special Features:
Dita Navigator - a dongle by a fellow Singaporean brand that pairs wonderfully with STORM. Kindly loaned to us by Dita themselves. Fantastically built, and to my ears, easily keeps pace with other top-tier dongles while boasting a more versatile signature and one of the biggest and least compressed presentations of any dongle. While Perpetua and Project M have recently been the center of attention from their line-up, Navigator definitely shouldn't be overlooked.

sgaudiohive Ulan - A new pure silver flagship from a friend of ours and one of the old guards of Singapore's DIY scene. In the works for years, it is finally ready for its debut as the capstone of a new line-up. With Yong's background of playing brass for orchestras and jazz ensembles, this pure silver cable is tuned specifically to portray timbre, especially of classical instruments, with the utmost accuracy. Avoiding the stereotypical sharpness and thinness of most silver cables and also the warm coloration of some modern ones, Ulan balances body, density, and a natural openness in the treble on a knife's edge. With an attention to detail sonically that mirrors our own, Ulan has neither a warm nor a cold lean and is impressively fine-tuned to take full advantage of the unique characteristics of silver in a way we've never experienced before. This is a one-of-a kind pure silver cable that we think more people need to hear.

Super excited to meet everyone again, see you guys soon!
Navigator is the best dongle by a country mile. I actually preferred it to both iFi Gryphon and Shanling H5. RU7 and M15 do not even come close. I have not tried the DC Elite yet, though.

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #83,173 of 87,782
Looks like an Old West cash register lol…
You can only audition at high noon. The listening room can be accessed through saloon swivel doors. Leave your weapons with the bartender. 🤣

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #83,174 of 87,782
Mar 8, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #83,175 of 87,782
Navigator is the best dongle by a country mile. I actually preferred it to both iFi Gryphon and Shanling H5. RU7 and M15 do not even come close. I have not tried the DC Elite yet, though.
Looks interesting, but the build quality and 340mW into 32 Ohms are the only specs on it. Any more info out there? I like the stand functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back