The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 4, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #82,906 of 89,853
IBasso PB5 arrived. Special thanks to @metaljem77 . Unboxing / first thoughts:

IMG_2286.jpeg

Minimal packaging with a small footprint.

IMG_2287.jpeg

Inside the box there are two pouches. The leather-y green one is for the amp. Other velvety one has 2 ICs and a usb C cable for charging. AC plug for the usb C cable is not included.

IMG_2288.jpeg

The amp feels lighter than it looks like on pictures. Size comparison to PB5:

IMG_2293.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

Noticibly thinner than 475. The size is closer to Tsuranagi.

IMG_2306.jpeg

Gave it a brief listen. 🔥 This is promising. Desolation Sound sounding bassier, vocals sounding lusher and more euphoric. Will report back when I listen to it more after work.

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #82,908 of 89,853
IBasso PB5 arrived. Special thanks to @metaljem77 . Unboxing / first thoughts:

Minimal packaging with a small footprint.

Inside the box there are two pouches. The leather-y green one is for the amp. Other velvety one has 2 ICs and a usb C cable for charging. AC plug for the usb C cable is not included.

The amp feels lighter than it looks like on pictures. Size comparison to PB5:

Noticibly thinner than 475. The size is closer to Tsuranagi.

Gave it a brief listen. 🔥 This is promising. Desolation Sound sounding bassier, vocals sounding lusher and more euphoric. Will report back when I listen to it more after work.
For whatever reason, whenever I saw a 475, I always associated it with the price of 465.

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #82,909 of 89,853
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #82,910 of 89,853
The UM IEM's that cost 8.5K - her opinion of that situation.

Hard to guess what's in people's mind. But I imagine she already has people to take care of her wardrobe and such.

Regardless, I'm glad she decided Noble had a product that interested her.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #82,912 of 89,853
I recently brought in the Singularity for some at-home listening and I have been really enjoying it.

IMG_9128.jpeg

Not necessarily late to the party since I have tried this at Canjam Singapore 2023 and afterwards, but after some careful source matching and tip-rolling, I have to say it is a standout single-DD sub-$2K for “having soul.”

Sometimes audiophile terms confuse more than clarify. For instance, the Jewel sounds more resolving to me than the Singularity because I perceive more information coming through with the former, but one could ask, what really is information? Why aren’t microdynamics or macrodynamics or staging a part of the aforementioned “information”?

In any case, this IEM, other than presenting a tonally rich profile, preserves a lot of microdynamics, and you hear vocal inflections particularly well. Love this about this IEM.

Overall a very smooth and warm listen with standout microdynamics and impressive macrodynamics.

IMG_9131.png

If you are an owner, try it with the iFi Gryphon without the bass boost or other filters. It is an immaculate presentation in warmth, soul, and body: how music-listening should be.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #82,913 of 89,853
Hi Coolers and Friends,

I am new here.
I just got my PMG Audio APX this Monday. Tried this very expensive IEM for a few days.
I have to say this IEM fits me so well, it’s a huge upgrade for me from my old Tia Fourte Blanc.
Huge sound stage, very high resolution and lots of details, beautiful treble, fair bass and fair mid range (I don’t know it I used the terms right, but I am sure you get what I mean).
I was inspired by Raven to upgrade my IEM. Raven’s sound stage and details killed me instantly when I tried it last time. However it’s too big for me to wear.
Somehow I read a few reviews and tried my luck (well, I also trust my dealer, they are always honest people), and here it is.

The factory cable is not good, seriously. I change it to my Brise Silver Concept 8W, much better. However, sometimes I feel the treble is too bright, I kept searching, Orpheus is one of the potential target, and the other is Rosenkranz KA-RgWb Cross/4. I manage to borrow a KA-RgWb from dealer yesterday, and tried 3 hours today. Upgraded sound stage and mid range. The IEM sounds perfect for me now. I wrote this post really to share this not popular but good cable. I hope more friends can experience it. I will go and try Orpheus tomorrow.
(The cable looks a bit strange).
Hi,
you should try Brise Audio Shirogane Ultimate 4w or 8w or Effect Audio Centurion.
With these cables, your Apx will give their best sound.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #82,914 of 89,853
I recently brought in the Singularity for some at-home listening and I have been really enjoying it.

IMG_9128.jpeg

Not necessarily late to the party since I have tried this at Canjam Singapore 2023 and afterwards, but after some careful source matching and tip-rolling, I have to say it is a standout single-DD sub-$2K for “having soul.”

Sometimes audiophile terms confuse more than clarify. For instance, the Jewel sounds more resolving to me than the Singularity because I perceive more information coming through with the former, but one could ask, what really is information? Why aren’t microdynamics or macrdynamics or staging a part of the aforementioned “information”?

In any case, this IEM, other than presenting a tonally rich profile, preserves a lot of microdynamics, and you hear vocal inflections particularly well. Love this about this IEM.

Overall a very smooth and warm listen with standout microdynamics and impressive macrodynamics.

IMG_9131.png

If you are an owner, try it with the iFi Gryphon without the bass boost or other filters. It is an immaculate presentation in warmth, soul, and body. How music-listening should be.
These sound incredible with the Onix Mystic XP1 too.

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #82,915 of 89,853
In this one comment, I'm not clear if you're saying that Anni 23 Gold and Anni 23 Ti have different sound profiles, is that what you heard?
ood question wondering the same I did not know there was a difference

Yes guys! I did hear a difference and I A/b'd them side by side with the same tips, same stock martini cable, same 320max ti source!

The Gold Anni was a store demo unit in my local shop and the differences were not something that I had to look for. In fact it was outright different, in the treble quality, bass emphasis and the mids. Now I am aware that Lee QM of Elysian never confirmed that the 3 different variants would sound different, so to be honest with you, I'm not sure what caused it, but I suspected that the Nozzle material (Ti vs. Gold) gave it a different focus on the FR. The most noticeable difference is in the bass, the Ti still has that thumpy mid bass that Anni is famous for, but somehow, the quantity of it is less than the Gold Anni and the focus is more evenly distributed with the Sub-Bass. Yes i hear the rumble of the Sub-Bass much better on the Anni Ti. So it sounded thumpy but more balanced and as a result the mids is also cleaner. Now the mid-treble has a bit more sparkle on the Ti perhaps a touch brighter too, but this difference is more subtle than the bass presentation that was more apparent.

But does it sound like a different IEM? no, it is still annihilator by all means, maybe if annihilator had a tuning switch, this could be one of the tuning option. Please do try to A/B them, i remember talking to @Smirk 24 who rebought Anni Ti and he said that his second Anni Ti is more sub-bassy compared to his first Anni Ti. So, I'm not sure what's going on here whether it's a variety of units or what but from what I know, it's not supposed to sound different... I still have to test this with other Annihilators to see if there are differences with other units too. But the most important thing is, I love my Anni Ti for sounding as it is, cleaner Anni with more sub-bass but still has lots of thumps on the mid bass, more sparkly treble, cleaner mids and as a result, it sounded more 'balanced' overall.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #82,916 of 89,853

IMG_9128.jpeg

Sometimes audiophile terms confuse more than clarify. For instance, the Jewel sounds more resolving to me than the Singularity because I perceive more information coming through with the former, but one could ask, what really is information? Why aren’t microdynamics or macrodynamics or staging a part of the aforementioned “information”?

IMG_9131.png

If you are an owner, try it with the iFi Gryphon without the bass boost or other filters. It is an immaculate presentation in warmth, soul, and body: how music-listening should be.
Glad you’re enjoying it! Singularity scales really well with the chain too. I have a Storm on loan and I tried Mira 4W with Singularity. Significant gains in resolution, staging, and dynamics while maintaining tonal richness.

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #82,917 of 89,853
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #82,918 of 89,853

IMG_9128.jpeg

IMG_9131.png

Trying to decide if I should swap my ie900 for a singularity 🤔

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #82,919 of 89,853
Kinera Verdandi Cosmos Black landed today, what beautiful IEM they have made here. Very hard to capture the depth of shell design, tried my best. Sound impression will wait, so far like what I hear.

That's one of the most beautiful IEM I've ever seen 😍
Hard to guess what's in people's mind. But I imagine she already has people to take care of her wardrobe and such.

Regardless, I'm glad she decided Noble had a product that interested her.
I believe she pick Noble because she's a noble too 🤭
A Noble IEM that fits for a noble 😉

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #82,920 of 89,853
In my Aura vs Mason shootout it wasn’t close for me .. Aura took the win with a way more enjoyable sound for my taste but looking forward to trying v10 against Aura

Aura vs VE10 ? I was fortunate to hear them both last week. For me Aura was better balanced and technically much better. Aura bass and treble....wow....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back