The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #82,606 of 90,546
That's an objectively dumb statement. It's like saying bicycles are objectively worse than automobiles. Totally different use case, totally different strengths and weakness, apples to oranges.
It’s seems like everyone now is trying too hard for controversy for more traffic, I usually ignore titles like that.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #82,607 of 90,546
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #82,608 of 90,546
Hi Coolers and Friends,

I am new here.
I just got my PMG Audio APX this Monday. Tried this very expensive IEM for a few days.
I have to say this IEM fits me so well, it’s a huge upgrade for me from my old Tia Fourte Blanc.
Huge sound stage, very high resolution and lots of details, beautiful treble, fair bass and fair mid range (I don’t know it I used the terms right, but I am sure you get what I mean).
I was inspired by Raven to upgrade my IEM. Raven’s sound stage and details killed me instantly when I tried it last time. However it’s too big for me to wear.
Somehow I read a few reviews and tried my luck (well, I also trust my dealer, they are always honest people), and here it is.

The factory cable is not good, seriously. I change it to my Brise Silver Concept 8W, much better. However, sometimes I feel the treble is too bright, I kept searching, Orpheus is one of the potential target, and the other is Rosenkranz KA-RgWb Cross/4. I manage to borrow a KA-RgWb from dealer yesterday, and tried 3 hours today. Upgraded sound stage and mid range. The IEM sounds perfect for me now. I wrote this post really to share this not popular but good cable. I hope more friends can experience it. I will go and try Orpheus tomorrow.
(The cable looks a bit strange).
The Brise Silver Concept 8W combination changes the PMG Audio APX sound signature, so it's not for me. I'll wait for the Orpheus combination.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #82,609 of 90,546
Talking about objectivity reminds me a YouTube troll I know several years ago: a young guy who was trashing headphones he never heard just by using the frequency response curves. Given he never heard of those headphones, therefore no subjective first-hand experience, he is absolutely objective since he only spoke the graph. Funny thing is, he now has over 10k subscribers.

Sad fact of this hobby that that dude got 10k, unironic, subscribers. When I was wet behind the ears, I thought he knows things. And then I asked him questions. That’s when I realised there is nothing behind those yapping gums.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #82,610 of 90,546
The Brise Silver Concept 8W combination changes the PMG Audio APX sound signature, so it's not for me. I'll wait for the Orpheus combination.
Exactly, that’s the reason I keep searching.
This Rosenkranz Cable is quite good and slightly cheaper than Orpheus.
The Silver Concept 8W cable works good with my old Fourte Blanc, it should.
For me, cables are always the more difficult puzzle to solve.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #82,611 of 90,546
Hi Coolers and Friends,

I am new here.
I just got my PMG Audio APX this Monday. Tried this very expensive IEM for a few days.
I have to say this IEM fits me so well, it’s a huge upgrade for me from my old Tia Fourte Blanc.
Huge sound stage, very high resolution and lots of details, beautiful treble, fair bass and fair mid range (I don’t know it I used the terms right, but I am sure you get what I mean).
I was inspired by Raven to upgrade my IEM. Raven’s sound stage and details killed me instantly when I tried it last time. However it’s too big for me to wear.
Somehow I read a few reviews and tried my luck (well, I also trust my dealer, they are always honest people), and here it is.

The factory cable is not good, seriously. I change it to my Brise Silver Concept 8W, much better. However, sometimes I feel the treble is too bright, I kept searching, Orpheus is one of the potential target, and the other is Rosenkranz KA-RgWb Cross/4. I manage to borrow a KA-RgWb from dealer yesterday, and tried 3 hours today. Upgraded sound stage and mid range. The IEM sounds perfect for me now. I wrote this post really to share this not popular but good cable. I hope more friends can experience it. I will go and try Orpheus tomorrow.
(The cable looks a bit strange).
I’m currently using Eletech SoA, optimising the breadth of that intimate presentation whilst keeping the detail retrieval technicalities

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #82,612 of 90,546
바로 그것이 제가 계속해서 찾아보는 이유입니다.
이 Rosenkranz 케이블은 Orpheus보다 꽤 좋고 약간 저렴합니다.
Silver Concept 8W 케이블은 기존 Fourte Blanc과 잘 작동합니다.
나에게 있어서 케이블은 항상 풀기 어려운 퍼즐이다.
I read somewhere that the Effect Audio Centurion matching is good, so if you get a chance, check it out.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #82,614 of 90,546
In other news (sorry for the triple post, will try to be more careful in the future)

I just saw Dune 1+2 in the cinema and I like it a lot. I trust Denis Villeneuve to create a Lord Of The Rings worthy trilogy here, even though it's based on the first book alone and starts to deviate a bit from the source material.
If that guy could have been in charge of Star Wars when the last trilogy came out, that would have been crazy good. But I am still glad he got the chance to make Dune a cinematic reality. He is doing a good job so far. Highly recommended.

I'm enjoying the Dune OSTs currently as they're really immersive. Hoping to find some time to catch both movies soon. 🙂

I haven't seen Dune 2 yet and probably won't be able to until the end of next week. I enjoyed Dune 1 but I understand why people have issues with pacing. Sometimes it feels like Villeneuve likes to play out scenes which don't really add much to the story to set the atmosphere. I'm not sure if a tighter editing wouldn't be able to keep the desired effect while cutting down on the runtime.
I think Dune 3 will already be going into Dune Messiah.
I enjoyed Dune 1. The book(s) wasn't really my speed--a little too slow and too much exposition dump for my personal tastes, although I respect it as a hallmark of famed science fiction writing. I don't really care too much about watching Timothee Chalamet become the Quiznos Hadasnack, but I've made my peace that the Dune series is as close as I'm going to get to another Blade Runner 2049 without rewatching that film for the eleventh time. The score is excellent, and another film soundtrack in my stable that I consider worthy of paying full admission price for.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #82,615 of 90,546
I haven't seen Dune 2 yet and probably won't be able to until the end of next week. I enjoyed Dune 1 but I understand why people have issues with pacing. Sometimes it feels like Villeneuve likes to play out scenes which don't really add much to the story to set the atmosphere. I'm not sure if a tighter editing wouldn't be able to keep the desired effect while cutting down on the runtime.
I think Dune 3 will already be going into Dune Messiah.
Dune 3 will be Dune Messiah.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #82,616 of 90,546

Wow, didn't see this is coming!

Tip: 2:16, the guy asked a female employee:" What do you think 64audio would do in the next 10 years?" (video was made 3 years ago). The girl answered: put JH out of business.

And here we are today.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #82,618 of 90,546
How do the Spartacus and glacier compare? Trying to decide between them

Spartacus FTW

(due to the T shirt)

Screenshot_20240302_095848_LINE.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #82,619 of 90,546
Wow, didn't see this is coming!

No one saw covid coming. I feel fortunate & grateful we were able to navigate through that quagmire.

It was by sheer luck Noble was internally structured to power through it, but I don't think the ripple effects have been fully experienced yet.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #82,620 of 90,546
Some classic ambient techno / IDM from the legendary Kirk Degiorgio aka 'As One'. I've had this one on CD for many years, but immediately jumped on the opportunity to pick up the limited edition marbled vinyl! A massive nod to the brilliant Lapsus Records label from Barcelona for reissuing an electronic gem.

Oh well. Another purchase on Bandcamp again 😂
Thank you for sharing 🙏🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back