The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 6, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #80,791 of 90,546
I’m guessing everyone is reaching their stage of enlightenment here?
Well if Empire doesn't stick an additional driver into the Raven's config we'll be fine.

I already went Zeus > Wraith > Odin > Raven 😅

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #80,792 of 90,546
I both envy and feel sad for people who have reached enlightenment, on one hand I'd love to already fast forward to something I love so much I never have to look at another IEM and own, maybe just a demo. I also feel like I'd be sad if I reached the summit and rarely find sets that I can enjoy as much as what I own. Good thing I'm broke and got plenty of time to climb still, well fingers crossed.

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #80,793 of 90,546
Honestly nothing much right now. I've got a small list of things I'm hoping to demo in NYC but nothing I couldn't take or leave at this point. Honestly the WM1Z really tied my world together and lately the more IEMs I hear the more I love the IEMs I already have. My interest in CanJam at this point is mostly for the social/fellowship aspect.

That may change once I hit the show floor and see what new stuff is available for demo, but time will tell there.

All of that said I do feel myself naturally gearing down in this hobby right now.
Hey, I am in the same place!

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #80,794 of 90,546
Honestly nothing much right now. I've got a small list of things I'm hoping to demo in NYC but nothing I couldn't take or leave at this point. Honestly the WM1Z really tied my world together and lately the more IEMs I hear the more I love the IEMs I already have. My interest in CanJam at this point is mostly for the social/fellowship aspect.

That may change once I hit the show floor and see what new stuff is available for demo, but time will tell there.

All of that said I do feel myself naturally gearing down in this hobby right now.

Likely gearing down massively

But I’ll tell you what, for me, discovery of bedside CD player listening with IEMs, has been a revelation. Thus far. I have only 40 or so CDs (compared to folks who have thousands) but music discovery will likely constitute the next rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #80,795 of 90,546
DC Ti doesn't come with a cable. Creator cables sell separately but outside of the Silver 8 (which actually is quite competitive SQ wise, but very uncoloured), the others' SQ are subpar IMO. Better to just grab an Eletech/Brise and reterminate it to Fitear connectors - you have a few months to spare waiting for the DC Ti anyway should you order it.
I'm sorry I don't quite get it. What is Silver 8? Those "Creator" cable is silver based and maybe 8w? Any suggestion on which Eletech/Brise cables that come close with the Creator cable?
I’m guessing everyone is reaching their stage of enlightenment here?
The dawn is here :wink:
For me at least :relieved:

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #80,796 of 90,546

I've just finished evaluating the Simgot EA1000s - which have a somewhat unusual 1x DD, 1x Passive Radiator configuration.

They're easily one of the most impressive IEMs I've heard under $500. You're invited to read the full review here. :relaxed:

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #80,798 of 90,546
I'm sorry I don't quite get it. What is Silver 8? Those "Creator" cable is silver based and maybe 8w? Any suggestion on which Eletech/Brise cables that come close with the Creator cable?
Creator Cables name their stuff based on wire materials but you'd have to look them up e.g. the stock one is Creator Clarity which is copper, there is Creator Vocal/Emotion/etc....Creator Silver 4 is pure silver with 4 cores per wire. A lot of their cables are custom made so they are not shown on websites. There's a model named Creator Silver 8, basically double the amount of cores from the Silver 4, and for me that is the only model worth paying for in relation to its price.

IMO the stock cable is just decent - while it is quite tonally pleasing and matching with good bass, you can get better mileage from swapping to a 3rd party offering, especially on technical performance. A lot of people with DC Tis use it with Ode to Laura or Yatono Ultimate. I think Shirogane is also a solid option. Only thing is that there is no ConX or swappable connectors so that cable is basically stuck with your Creator.

Oh and welcome to the club :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: although I suspect that you'll quickly join @Tokpakorlo and go customs instead. BTW I think he cable rolled with a lot of TOTL cables with his Creator so he is going to offer more meaningful suggestions as I didn't really roll with anything yet (I hate adapters).

As a side note, while I love the PW cables, I absolutely hate his custom connectors...especially the one on the Orphy Lite - everytime I use it it is like having connection issues due to lost plating on the connector....just use a Pentaconn 4.4 please.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #80,799 of 90,546

Likely gearing down massively

But I’ll tell you what, for me, discovery of bedside CD player listening with IEMs, have been a revelation. Thus far. I have only 40 or so CDs (compared to folks who have thousands) but music discovery will likely constitute the next rabbit hole.
I've ramped WAY down in my exploration of over ear headphones, although I have to stop myself from purchasing headphones that I've previously enjoyed but let go (I'm looking at YOU, hd600, HE-500, ZMF Aeolus, Quad Era-1...). But I'm still way behind most of the people in this thread with iems, so there are still so many things to try and explore during canjam. I was lucky enough to demo some of the really popular iems at socal, such as the z1r, ie900, QDC anole, etc, but I'm still creating a list for this year.

It seems that when I have one area of listening locked down, I shift a bit to a new one. I can already sense that my next big adventure will be in solid state amps.

It makes me happy, though. I enjoy being excited about trying new things, even if there isn't a drive to buy them.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #80,801 of 90,546

The addition of Spartacus and Trifecta in the past few months has me as content as I’ve ever been in this hobby. Throughout my journey, I’ve imagined how IEM’s should sound to me and those two amazingly meet that threshold in their unique way. I do admit this sense of contentment is a strange feeling to contend with since part of the excitement in this hobby is rediscovering the music that touches your soul with a new piece of gear.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #80,802 of 90,546
Just got the Pentaconn Corier for my Bonneville per Sajit Amid's recommendation from his Bonneville review. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. Midbass is slightly tamed but not in a thin, bad way, male vocals edges have a slightly more bite to them (seems like the 1.5K hump from is more present with this tip, but female vocals are perfect still).

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #80,803 of 90,546
Just got the Pentaconn Corier for my Bonneville per Sajit Amid's recommendation from his Bonneville review. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. Midbass is slightly tamed but not in a thin, bad way, male vocals edges have a slightly more bite to them (seems like the 1.5K hump from is more present with this tip, but female vocals are perfect still).
do you know if those things will fit bigger nozzles? I wanna give em a go but all I own are tribids

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #80,804 of 90,546
It’ll definitely fit them since they fit the OG Andromeda with large nozzle as well

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #80,805 of 90,546

Users who are viewing this thread

Back