The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 30, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #80,207 of 88,292
1000011820.jpg

I thought I found this place's theme song. Alas, excitement was swiftly shut down not long after the song started. This tune is much too calm for this place's occasional wilderness.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #80,208 of 88,292
One of my creepiest experiences travelling was in a park in Chengdu, China, where I was simply walking and suddenly had one of those iron tools stuck into my ear while walking! It's nigh on impossible to get me angry, but boy, I considered this close to rape.

Is that how their skin gets so brown?

drftr
Man, you got ear raped 😂

India has
Street food in abundance
Street Dentist / Ear Cleaners
Street Hair Cut / Massage
Street Fruit / Vegetable Vendors
Street Shopping 🛒 🛍️
Street God knows what else.....the list is endless!!

We also have scorching summer, what else is needed to get brown? The street is the cause of the 🟤 😂🤣😂

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #80,209 of 88,292
It's funny, I now have the following IEMs:

Aroma Jewel w/ First Time Shielding
Oriolus Traillii w/ 1960s
Canpur CP622B

All are excellent, and top tier. Literally all world class!

I find myself having "Wow!" moments with these regularly. Most of the day I'm listening to my main setup which is a Tier-0 setup, and I would place it beside any setup at any price. Yet, the IEMs still give me "Wow!" moments. What a time for the IEM market to have so many great options!

On the Storm front (lol!) I had a person reach out and offer a reasonable deal on a set of Storm. They seemed to have gone dark though after a couple of PMs, and haven't logged in for a few days. So, the search continues! :upside_down:

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #80,211 of 88,292
1000011820.jpg

I thought I found this place's theme song. Alas, excitement was swiftly shut down not long after the song started. This tune is much too calm for this place's occasional wilderness.
Grandaddy's Sophtware Slump is an all-time favorite album. :)

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #80,212 of 88,292
perfect weather, perfect sound.IMG_1600.jpeg
Wha ... What is this wizardry?? Why are Storms just floating in the air?

In a surprising move, I’ve actually decided to part with my LPGT Ti if anyone in Europe interested - HERE

I’m planning to focus on upgrading my 2-channel setup and that overall listening room for the moment!
Can hardly blame you for focusing on 2-channel after I had just a brief listen to decent (not even close to the best they carry) speakers at the place where I went to pick up my Meze's. I've also been to a proper hifi show last year and a quality 2-channel setup is a whole other playing field. Doesn't have to be extortionately expensive either.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #80,213 of 88,292

Canpur CP622B

I find myself having "Wow!" moments with these regularly. Most of the day I'm listening to my main setup which is a Tier-0 setup, and I would place it beside any setup at any price. Yet, the IEMs still give me "Wow!" moments. What a time for the IEM market to have so many great options!

On the Storm front (lol!) I had a person reach out and offer a reasonable deal on a set of Storm. They seemed to have gone dark though after a couple of PMs, and haven't logged in for a few days. So, the search continues! :upside_down:
do you prefer the RS8 or 320Max with the Traillii? different sound signatures obviously and the max is overkill for the bird but I'm looking to upgrade from my humble Shanling M6U

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #80,214 of 88,292
do you prefer the RS8 or 320Max with the Traillii? different sound signatures obviously and the max is overkill for the bird but I'm looking to upgrade from my humble Shanling M6U
Great question! The 320Max arrives in the next couple of hours. Will certainly update this thread on the comparison. Oddly, the RS8 and 320Max are direct competitors and yet there is very little comparison between the two. Fascinatingly, they do things in different ways. I use a Holo May KTE in my main setup, and really love TOTL R2R, so I'm probably inclined toward the RS8, but eager to be impressed by the 320Max.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #80,215 of 88,292
Meet my very best investment in this hobby by a huge margin, as my pleasure in listening to music has shot up by 50% - courtesy of @RonaldS86 (who has gone missing from this thread?)

20240129_222518.jpg

No more microphonics, no more sliding chin sliders - just the orchestra!

20240129_222648.jpg

@aaf evo Thoughts on the linen?

drftr
I myself use these baby hair clips with my FTS as well. Such cable don't have any other way out really. 🤪

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #80,216 of 88,292

Canpur CP622B

I agree with Rickles. What a time to be alive. There are so many good sets now that it almost gets hard to choose.

Rickles and I have similar tastes apparently. Those would all be take it and walk away from the hobby sets. I would be happy with any of those.

Rickles could you let a brother know if any Oriolus Trailli or Canpur CP622B (not EU only) show up on the market place. I searched the classifieds and have not been able to find anything. I am pleased as punch that you are enjoying the Canpur CP622B so much.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #80,217 of 88,292
I agree with Rickles. What a time to be alive. There are so many good sets now that it almost gets hard to choose.

Rickles and I have similar tastes apparently. Those would all be take it and walk away from the hobby sets. I would be happy with any of those.

Rickles could you let a brother know if any Oriolus Trailli or Canpur CP622B (not EU only) show up on the market place. I searched the classifieds and have not been able to find anything. I am pleased as punch that you are enjoying the Canpur CP622B so much.
Yep, I think all of these are just world class. I have a serious allergy to strident sound, and I like massive detail, and a broad, black soundstage with pinpoint imaging.

I will likely sell one or two of these IEMs in the next bit, but haven't figured that out yet. I want to get to 2 sets that I really love.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #80,218 of 88,292
Great question! The 320Max arrives in the next couple of hours. Will certainly update this thread on the comparison. Oddly, the RS8 and 320Max are direct competitors and yet there is very little comparison between the two. Fascinatingly, they do things in different ways. I use a Holo May KTE in my main setup, and really love TOTL R2R, so I'm probably inclined toward the RS8, but eager to be impressed by the 320Max.
Looking forward to it, much appreciated. I know the mantra is that the Traillii sounds good off of anything but I can't help but to believe that I'm leaving a fair bit of potential on the table. The M6U and Sound Tiger do stack perfectly though. I'm thinking the Traillii doesn't necessarily need the extra R2R goodness and would synergize better with a more technical DAP. As for dongles in my collection I enjoy it with the R26 but lean toward the L&P W2. it's all excess at this point but that's what we're here for no?

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #80,219 of 88,292
I was trying to locate any interesting headphones or IEM news from the NAMM 2024 show and found an alternative to the Fiio cassette player mentioned in this thread:

https://www.wearerewind.com/en-gb

Pre-order only, no idea how it sounds, if the business will make it, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back